Will Someone Stay Stong Long Enough?!?!?!?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
GT500Convert said:
Ranger this and ranger that.... He is not a better driver than anyone else. His car is NOT completely stock. You do not pick up that many miles per hour without adding hp.

Dude, his car is stock, live with it.

He has run fast times in all his cars and they have all been looked over very carefully.

Others have run the same MPH as him, just not the same E.T.

A guy by the name of Jamie Furman just ran a 11.31 @ 128 at ATCO in a bone stock Z06 and had back to back 11.34's before it. Another guy (I don't know his name) ran a 11.29 @ 127.5 in a stock Z also.

That's 3 confirmed people in 3 different stock Z's that have run 11.30's or lower.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
That's 3 confirmed people in 3 different stock Z's that have run 11.30's or lower.

that just bolsters my statement. ranger is indeed a great driver! but there are other drivers from all forms of racing who have as much or more skill than ranger at the strip.

give a bone stock gt500 coupe to a great driver at a fast track and give him 20+ runs to dial in the car and you will see run faster than we have seen before. yes faster than the even smith run some months back!

Formula51

Established Member
GTSpartan said:

And that is pretty damn impressive! It would also be impressive to see three people run 12.30's or better in stock GT500's. Maybe we will see these times in the early spring.

Formula51

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i still believe that any stock gt500 is good for 12 flat with a good/great driver, without the big stereo. and 11.7 stock on sticky tires.

I just don't think the traction is there with the stock tires to run a 12 flat. I think the 11.7 with slicks is a possibility though, given a great driver and conditions.

bluestreak89

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
that just bolsters my statement. ranger is indeed a great driver! but there are other drivers from all forms of racing who have as much or more skill than ranger at the strip.

give a bone stock gt500 coupe to a great driver at a fast track and give him 20+ runs to dial in the car and you will see run faster than we have seen before. yes faster than the even smith run some months back!

As much or more skill? None of te guys you mentioned have run a tie or faster, so how is that as much or more skill. Last I heard about stock time on stock tires Ranger ran 10.24 which is .05 faster than anyone else mentioned and the 10.85 on DR's is miles ahead of everyone stock with stock tires.

Rangers prep and study is second to none and it shows. you guys have heared his name so much and have developed anal tightness when he comes up but rest assured if you have the same car as him and make as many passes in the same car, you will still get you lunch taken.

Im not saying there arent other GREAT drivers out there, but dont try to make it seem like Ranger isnt the best or one of out there, he proved the same thing in the C5Z and many of the guys that run the times close to him got pointers FROM HIM.

It's funny to hear people that dont know him at all claim that many people are better and that there is no way he is stock. Fing haters:kaboom:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
As much or more skill? None of te guys you mentioned have run a tie or faster, so how is that as much or more skill. Last I heard about stock time on stock tires Ranger ran 10.24 which is .05 faster than anyone else mentioned

how is 11.24 miles ahead of 11.29 and 11.31?

Rangers prep and study is second to none and it shows. you guys have heared his name so much and have developed anal tightness when he comes up

very much the same feeling you get when you here evan smith?

...dont try to make it seem like Ranger isnt the best or one of out there, he proved the same thing in the C5Z...

he has the 2nd best time in the c5 z. so whats the point?

It's funny to hear people that dont know him at all claim that many people are better...

until he starts winning races i will not put ranger among one of the top drag racers in the nation. i would estimate there a 5 to 10 mustang drivers that are as good as ranger or better at driving the 1320. evan smith, bob crosby, mike smith, paul s, etc. and these are drivers only in the mustang community. and dont give me that crap about pro racers. if you want to be the best you have to compete against the best.:bash::beer:

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
On A good track, in neg. DA with about 20-30 pass's playing with all the veriables, I bet my happy old drag racin ass could rock some 12.0x to 12.1x in a factory stock GT 500. Would need to be a track rental day and while the GT 500 was cooling down I would run the same numbers in my Vette.

After that then I would start with the mod's, but then again I am old and have plenty of patiance and driving experiance.

Glad I moved to Florida , racing season is just starting here while Byron, Da Grove and all the east coast tracks will be ice rinks soon..:lol1:

chuckstang

Established Member
Someone as knowledgable and skilled at drag racing as Ranger surely knows some lil tricks that may make people think his car is stock but really not.
Little things like, different air filter, removal of front sway bar, spare, lower tire pressure, ice intake, run with very little gas/100 octane perhaps...

Stock in my book means you change or modify nothing, nothing! However it came from the factory, that is how you run it!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Someone as knowledgable and skilled at drag racing as Ranger surely knows some lil tricks that may make people think his car is stock but really not.
Little things like, different air filter, removal of front sway bar, spare, lower tire pressure, ice intake, run with very little gas/100 octane perhaps...

Chuckstang,

I agree with most things you say, but come on. How many people are going to have to inspect his car before you believe it. One of the guys on the viper forum raced with him and looked his car over with a fine tooth comb and it was STOCK. He has nothing to hide and no hidden agenda.

Give credit where credit is due.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Chuckstang,

I agree with most things you say, but come on. How many people are going to have to inspect his car before you believe it. One of the guys on the viper forum raced with him and looked his car over with a fine tooth comb and it was STOCK. He has nothing to hide and no hidden agenda.

Give credit where credit is due.
lets see him run a 11 at lacr on street tires. :D

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
I HAVE SAID BEFORE AND WILL SAY IT AGAIN I DONT GIVE A @#%^ WHAT EVAN SMITH RAN

I DONT GIVE A @#%*&^ WHAT RANGER RAN! :cuss:

Yes the car has serious traction issues on stock tires. We know this. :shrug:

bunk22

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
lets see him run a 11 at lacr on street tires. :D

....or any 1/4 mile track in So Cal on street tires. I give Ranger props, I certainly couldn't match or come close to his times; he is a great driver but I have no doubt the weather and the track pay big dividends to his times. Looks like another C6Z guy just matched his Rangers best stock run but with a lower mph...11.24@123 vs 11.24@127. This was at ATCO I think. They're saying the DA was +500-700'.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
bunk22 said:
....or any 1/4 mile track in So Cal on street tires. I give Ranger props, I certainly couldn't match or come close to his times; he is a great driver but I have no doubt the weather and the track pay big dividends to his times. Looks like another C6Z guy just matched his Rangers best stock run but with a lower mph...11.24@123 vs 11.24@127. This was at ATCO I think. They're saying the DA was +500-700'.

Ranger's 11.24 pass was with a DA of 1250-1600, which is far from freakish in terms of air density. So his was nearly ~2x higher and still trapped higher.

bunk22

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Ranger's 11.24 pass was with a DA of 1250-1600, which is far from freakish in terms of air density. So his was nearly ~2x higher and still trapped higher.

He still didn't run it in 4000+ DA with horrible track prep. Except for a few of the 1/8th miles (Irwindale and Barona come to mind), the tracks are slippery when dry. Combine okay weather with a good track helps, it doesn't hurt. Ranger can drive and I'm a huge fan of his but IMO, he would not achieve those times in So Cal. How does one go from 112-114 to 119-120 like dgussin did with no additonal mods? Did he learn to drive that much better during his transit between coasts? If so, props to him.

Last edited:
I agree also,if you want a 06 viper for low50,s well good luck. For one it will be used and now way it will be a new viper.I say just buy your viper and be as happy with it as we are with our 07/Shelby GT500,whether it's in the 12s or not,but with a good driver that should be no problem what so ever,for this 500HP/5.4 super-charged DOHC-engine. JUst my opnion!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread