Will Someone Stay Stong Long Enough?!?!?!?

bluestreak89

Established Member
To see what this car can do? Everyone knew the car would be a mod monster and it has more than exceeding many folks expectations. But From what I have seen the stock times on this car are pitiful for 500 ponies. I blame those pathetic 9.5 inch wide tires. But some people are still only running mid 12's with DR's BONE STOCK everywhere else.

I HAVE SAID BEFORE AND WILL SAY IT AGAIN I DONT GIVE A @#%^ WHAT EVAN SMITH RAN

The mods are so cheap and so productive people wont give the car time to do anything stock. I want one, but for that price I can now get an SRT-10 vert, but I dont like the vert so I'll wait for the new Viper announcement in Jan and see the coupes fall to the low 50's.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
To see what this car can do? Everyone knew the car would be a mod monster and it has more than exceeding many folks expectations. But From what I have seen the stock times on this car are pitiful for 500 ponies. I blame those pathetic 9.5 inch wide tires. But some people are still only running mid 12's with DR's BONE STOCK everywhere else.

I HAVE SAID BEFORE AND WILL SAY IT AGAIN I DONT GIVE A @#%^ WHAT EVAN SMITH RAN

The mods are so cheap and so productive people wont give the car time to do anything stock. I want one, but for that price I can now get an SRT-10 vert, but I dont like the vert so I'll wait for the new Viper announcement in Jan and see the coupes fall to the low 50's.

I would not call the times "pitiful". However, the times are (in my opinion) mediocre for "500 ponies" because the car weighs around 3900 pounds. :shrug: The smallish tires and stock gearing dont help either.
Hasn't this been hashed out several times already in other threads?:read:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
72 fastback said:
the times are pitiful.

I'll tell you what's pitiful! Someone coming in here and making a statement like that! :rollseyes That's pitiful! :read:

The car runs faster times than the last Cobra. Period. That's pitiful!??! :lol: I don't remember anyone saying the Terminator times were pitiful? :shrug:

Trying to drag race a car with 3:31 gears is pitiful.

If you don't like the car, don't buy it. Simple as that. If you like the car and want to make it better? That's what we have an aftermarket for! :idea:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
12.5 at 116 for a bone stock vert is pitiful??????????!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!

But From what I have seen the stock times on this car are pitiful for 500 ponies.

when a good driver gets a good time, you forget about it. when bad drivers run slow times you think this is the best the car can run. why is that?:rollseyes

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
ON D BIT said:
when a good driver gets a good time, you forget about it. when bad drivers run slow times you think this is the best the car can run. why is that?:rollseyes

The internet causes it but I don't know why!?!? :shrug:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Doubtful that you will see SRT-10 coupes fall to the low 50's. They are only available as a 2006 model, and from what I've seen, I only expect them to drop into the high 50's. There are still GTS vipers in the high 50's and low 60's. There would need to be a big change in demand for them to fall all the way into the low 50's. It's difficult enough to find a SRT-10 vert in the low 50's, let alone a 2006 vert in the low 50's.

SteveEvo8

Established Member
Srt10 :pepper: :pepper: talk about a great car.

As for the times of the gt500. They are very good times, i don't see how anybody can argue that.

Steve

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I'll tell you what's pitiful! Someone coming in here and making a statement like that! :rollseyes That's pitiful! :read:

The car runs faster times than the last Cobra. Period. That's pitiful!??! :lol: I don't remember anyone saying the Terminator times were pitiful? :shrug:

Trying to drag race a car with 3:31 gears is pitiful.

If you don't like the car, don't buy it. Simple as that. If you like the car and want to make it better? That's what we have an aftermarket for! :idea:

:rockon: Exactly........it's nothing but a post to sh*t disturb. Beat it !!!

bluestreak89

Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
Doubtful that you will see SRT-10 coupes fall to the low 50's. They are only available as a 2006 model, and from what I've seen, I only expect them to drop into the high 50's. There are still GTS vipers in the high 50's and low 60's. There would need to be a big change in demand for them to fall all the way into the low 50's. It's difficult enough to find a SRT-10 vert in the low 50's, let alone a 2006 vert in the low 50's.

Actually you can find SRT-10 verts for 48k, quite a few of them actually. There are already coupes selling with VERy low miles for mid 60's (one here locally) so when the new viper announcement occurs people will start trying to ditch them. I say mid to high 50's would do it and it will happen.

ON D BIT said:
when a good driver gets a good time, you forget about it. when bad drivers run slow times you think this is the best the car can run. why is that?

No didnt forget, but we all know MD03SVT is one heck of a driver, and no ones is questioning the cars ability because it's fast, but where are the "Evan Smith" type times. We have ONE 12.5 and maybe 2 or so 12.'6's, a few 12.7-9's and a host of 13's.

This is more so directed at the MMFF worshipers who run around with Evan Smith tattooed on their forehead. There is no doubt the car can go fast but at some point you have to start seeing times that get close to the mark and so far the closest one is .3 behind.

This has been argued about but the purpose of this thread is to see if anyone would even try to see what it can do stock, of the guys here that track their cars, how many post that arent modded and will track it enough to see what it can do? :shrug:

As for the rest of you stop being so Fing defensive, the car is fast and it has been proven, but there is still more for it to prove (stock) so I'm just wondering what person is going to try and do that because IMO Evan Smith's time doesnt count if no one can come close to it.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
bluestreak89 said:
This has been argued about but the purpose of this thread is to see if anyone would even try to see what it can do stock, of the guys here that track their cars, how many post that arent modded and will track it enough to see what it can do? :shrug:

Keeping a car stock is something your sister or your mother does! ;-)

72 fastback

Established Member
thin skins in here.yeah i should keep comments like that in smackdown huh.
never voice your opnion.second rule.if you dont like the car dont buy it,if you dont like the thread dont read it.bring on the ban.

1bad04cobra

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Keeping a car stock is something your sister or your mother does! ;-)
Exactly! I don't see why it needs to prove anything stock:shrug: I would get this car to mod it like most.This is a pointless thread:nonono:

broeli

Established Member
Once again the car driven by Evan also wasn't an off the lot production car. It was a pre-production car. I think 12.5-12.6's are about right for a good driver in the GT500.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
72 fastback said:
thin skins in here.yeah i should keep comments like that in smackdown huh.
never voice your opnion.second rule.if you dont like the car dont buy it,if you dont like the thread dont read it.bring on the ban.

Yeah, in Smackdown anything within the SVTP posting rules goes. :read:

Thin skin? I think that comment is more accurately applied to the dealings with asshats and trolls. They will be dealt with in an appropriate manner around here! :idea:

Be forewarned, if you make moronic comments and have stupid opinions, we are not afraid to tell you that in here! :-D

If that's a request for a ban, I can gladly accomodate you! :pop:

Enjoy your stay!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
broeli said:
Once again the car driven by Evan also wasn't an off the lot production car. It was a pre-production car. I think 12.5-12.6's are about right for a good driver in the GT500.

if a vert can go 12.5 with only a few passes in the car, you dont believe a coupe can go faster given an opportunity to dial in driving technique? we already know this car is capable of 118 stock.

what was rangers stock time in his first 2 times at the track with his c6 z? 11.4 11.5? now he is down to 11.2 with nothing more than learning to drive his car.:bash:

i still believe that any stock gt500 is good for 12 flat with a good/great driver, without the big stereo. and 11.7 stock on sticky tires.

Last edited:

bluestreak89

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
if a vert can go 12.5 with only a few passes in the car, you dont believe a coupe can go faster given an opportunity to dial in driving technique? we already know this car is capable of 118 stock.

what was rangers stock time in his first 2 times at the track with his c6 z? 11.4 11.5? now he is down to 11.2 with nothing more than learning to drive his car.:bash:

i still believe that any stock gt500 is good for 12 flat with a good/great driver, without the big stereo. and 11.7 stock on sticky tires.

12.0 is :bs: you can forget about it unless RANGER is driving which doesnt apply to anoyone but him. Ranger lives at the track.

Users who are viewing this thread