Will the next SVT Mustang be the cheapest car with carbon ceramic brakes?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
One of the most interesting things about the next SVT Mustang is that it has been spied with carbon ceramic brakes. One of the few weeknesses of the current GT500 was the brake feel and the fluid boiling, it seems team SVT is going to solve this with carbon ceramic brakes.

I wonder if it will optional or standard.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I imagine those brakes would be optional, maybe part of a performance pack like what the current GT500 offers.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I have no doubt the price will be in-line with the next car that has the ceramic brakes (Z/28), maybe even cost more.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Considering most ceramic brake options are near a 10 grand upgrade I would think it would be an option.

Also the brake boiling is a simple as switching brake fluid for track use.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I am hoping for an SCCA compliant base GT350. If any special "Street Only" equipment is offered, it will come as an option.

If a GT350R is needed, it will assume the position left open by the Boss 302 Laguna Seca. After some thought, I don't want Mustang's "R" to become the Corvette's "Carbon".

No special standard equipment that may disqualify the GT350 from competition.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I am also thinking option, which is fine by me. Only those who truly intend to use it, or those who have money for full loaded cars will opt for them. They just need to step up the game in the handling department, power was never an issue really. I forsee the next svt having a starting price around or above 60k

shetheri

Established Member
Considering most ceramic brake options are near a 10 grand upgrade I would think it would be an option.

Also the brake boiling is a simple as switching brake fluid for track use.

Exactly! This is going to be ~$10K option, probably with other upgrades included as well.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
One of the most interesting things about the next SVT Mustang is that it has been spied with carbon ceramic brakes...I wonder if it will optional or standard.

My gut says this is no different than when SVT played with them (iron rings or otherwise on a 2 piece assembly) when they had their development team at Nurburgring working on the then upcoming 2013 GT500.

zzzzzzzz2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-at-Nurburgring-side-view-MTl.jpg

2013-ford-shelby-gt500-13_gallery_image_large.jpg

I see them as neither standard or optional on the top dog 2016 Mustang. Their cost simply doesn't match the demographic that the car (again, the most spirited one) is limited to.

Users who are viewing this thread