Wiring Meth kit in, which wires on MAF?

mechanicboy

Established Member
My buddy is wiring in a SNOW performance meth kit on his truck that has almost the same mods as me but more boost. He doesn't know which wires to use for the frequency signal and if we have a high or low frequency MAF sensor. Snow has been of no help, they say they don't know and even sent him the wrong controller the first time that almost caused him to hydro lock his engine because it turned on when it was supposed to be off.

Can you guys help?

Shaun@AED

As stated, do not wire anything into the MAF.
I don't care what the instructions say.
I would not wire the kit into any of the stock wiring harness.

RFM50

Established Member
If the kit has the ability to reference boost, go that route. Tee into the vacuum line that runs to the blow off valve.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Just wirin' up meh Meth Kit!

breaking-bad-lab-647x363.jpg

mechanicboy

Established Member
If the kit has the ability to reference boost, go that route. Tee into the vacuum line that runs to the blow off valve.

No blow-off valve on a s/c lol. There's a boost port on the back of the manifold he could use.

Edit: and I don't think his controller has the ability to see boost. I'm sure snow has one that does.

Last edited:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Pd blowers need to use the maf signal to modulate the meth. The instant boost will mess with the system. The boost referenced onces are better for centrifugals.

Youngone2012

Established Member
Ok ... So I signed up on this forum as a lot of you guys info will be helpful on my 5.0 f150 lol... I wired up the maf controller to the yellow signal wire, and I will now start the process of tuning the meth lol ... At least try ..

Users who are viewing this thread