Wobble under hard acceleration

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Thanks to a few members for the PM warning on running these tires. These are going on 11" rims and I rarely go over 100 on the street. I swap to the OEM Goodyears if I am going to track the car. These will be primarily for cruising so they will work for me.

Still looking for 295 K1 in 105Y load range. Send me a PM!

Thanks, Tom

Tight Lines

Established Member
Thanks to a few members for the PM warning on running these tires. These are going on 11" rims and I rarely go over 100 on the street. I swap to the OEM Goodyears if I am going to track the car. These will be primarily for cruising so they will work for me.

Still looking for 295 K1 in 105Y load range. Send me a PM

Thanks, Tom

There are some in the Market place. :)

PbFoot

Established Member
I just swapped out the death wobble MPSS rears with Toyo R888 285/35/20 on the stock PP wheels. The wobble is gone of course but they have so much more grip that I can now consider swapping gears (currently stock). Noise is barely noticeable, but it's not a daily driver so I wouldn't care either way. It still has MPSS up front. It's like a completely different car now.

Larry Temen

Ok gentlemen. I've been racking my brain like crazy. I have this same issue. I'm running 295/30/19 Michelin pilot super sports. I've checked out everything out back. I was running 275/35/19's. Didn't have the issue. Since I drive like an asshat, I figured I broke something. After reading all this from you guys (extremely helpful) I will now look into the tires. Once I get home from work, I will put my stock tires on with pirelles and see if it goes away. I NEED to figure this out. I'm loosing my mind to say the least. I have a 2013 mustang gt. CAI from jlt and an axle back. 93 tune. Roughly 420 at the wheel. Did it before my tune, after my tune, stock lca, and with whiteline lca. I WILL figure this out!! I don't care how much money I spend. I will replace 1 thing at a time (including every component in the diff) till this problem is solved. I will also give a status update each part that is changed out. I don't know the lingo. What are nanny's?

Larry Temen

Death wobble

What are nanny's? I'm curious. I can't belive it's been the tires the whole time. That's crazy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread