Women In Special Operations

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Women in combat: Could special ops be the next stop? - U.S. News

They talk about standards this and standards that and how they wont "lower the standards" yet SOCOM needs to have a gender-neutral standard delivered by end of fiscal year '14.. As a SOF operative, the day I walk into the team room and we have a female sitting in my juniors chair.. I will quit... Thats my thought on this garbage. :fm:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Women in combat: Could special ops be the next stop? - U.S. News

They talk about standards this and standards that and how they wont "lower the standards" yet SOCOM needs to have a gender-neutral standard delivered by end of fiscal year '14.. As a SOF operative, the day I walk into the team room and we have a female sitting in my juniors chair.. I will quit... Thats my thought on this garbage. :fm:

I am glad my wife did not think the same about a delivery room. I do agree with a singular standard. Some of the agency folks have females that put many men to shame, they are the exception though.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Enough of this PC trash.

Women do women things and men do men things. You don't send women to the front lines. What kind of pathetic country does this? I was in the grunts and hated being around the few women I had to come into contact with. Always a distraction in one way or another.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Lower standards will never ever equate to anything good. Op has a point

And unfortunately the standards will be lowered all for the sake of making things "equal", which is very ironic in itself.

Women are different, period. They are equal but different and because of this difference biologically speaking they can not on average perform the same physical tasks as men. I'm sure we could find a chick tough enough from the Crossfit games but those women by no means represent the majority. We shouldn't cater to an agenda simply to make a small group of people feel better while at the same time hamstringing the combat capabilities of our defense forces.

I often hear people use Israel and South Korea as the example of countries that allow women to serve in SOF roles. Within those two countries women can serve in combat arms and SOF, but in exclusively all female units. They are not mixed with the men. And that makes you wonder, what combat commander would choose an all female company of say 75th Rangers vs an all male company of 75th Rangers to conduct an airfield seizure or a direct action raid on an HVT? None. And we are back to square one.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
And unfortunately the standards will be lowered all for the sake of making things "equal", which is very ironic in itself.

Women are different, period. They are equal but different and because of this difference biologically speaking they can not on average perform the same physical tasks as men. I'm sure we could find a chick tough enough from the Crossfit games but those women by no means represent the majority. We shouldn't cater to an agenda simply to make a small group of people feel better while at the same time hamstringing the combat capabilities of our defense forces.

I often hear people use Israel and South Korea as the example of countries that allow women to serve in SOF roles. Within those two countries women can serve in combat arms and SOF, but in exclusively all female units. They are not mixed with the men. And that makes you wonder, what combat commander would choose an all female company of say 75th Rangers vs an all male company of 75th Rangers to conduct an airfield seizure or a direct action raid on an HVT? None. And we are back to square one.
I am secretly glad they they are looking at the SEALs and Rangers first.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I am secretly glad they they are looking at the SEALs and Rangers first.

Yea. I don't have any personal experience but from what I am told RASP 1 and BUD/S are a breeze compared to life in Battalion or on a Team. I suppose there is no better proving ground then those places.

And think I know the other reason you are secretly glad lol

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Yea. I don't have any personal experience but from what I am told RASP 1 and BUD/S are a breeze compared to life in Battalion or on a Team. I suppose there is no better proving ground then those places.

And think I know the other reason you are secretly glad lol

My favorite color is dark green!

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
If they can meet the current male standards, then I have no problem with it. But bringing the strong down to make the weak stronger won't work, and will only hurt us. I hate when females brag about their 300 on the APFT...WOW 30 ****ing pushups

LUBaseball2

Established Member
If anything the standards should be stayying the same or getting tougher. This make people feel good crap needs to go away.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
If they can meet the current male standards, then I have no problem with it. But bringing the strong down to make the weak stronger won't work, and will only hurt us. I hate when females brag about their 300 on the APFT...WOW 30 ****ing pushups

And a 16 minute 2 mile run lol I can do that wearing body armor. The difference in standards between the men and women are so far between. If they make a gender neutral test it will be a joke for many men and allow more fat and out of shape tards.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Combat Chow Orderlies from tthe 69th Screamin Bald Eagles. ?. Sandwhich!

Hmm

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Proof is in our NCO corps and throughout the ranks today.

The reason for this is the shit they are throwing at us. Females, false hazing charges, and just constant unnecessary bullshit that the good NCOs are fed up with it. My record shows that I've been a great Marine and NCO but I've had it with these idiots, and I know dozens of others who feel the same and are not even thinking twice about reenlistment. I'm not going to stick around for when the females get here and I'm in charge of training them but have to constantly worry about offending one of them or worry about some bs accusations because one of them is offended that I used the word "bitch".

The shit I've seen with just new male PFCs blows my mind! I can't even fathom the crap we'll run into with women.

The way I see it, the government has forced the military into policies I don't think they eagerly wanted to adopt, but they did. So with that is my queue to exit and let them continue to drag themselves down... but without me.

Sacrificing unit effectiveness for gender equality is simply moronic. I'm convinced the Obama administration is looking to weaken our military. People talk about how all these other countries implemented women... well name one of those countries that is more powerful than the US's? If Israel had the population and security to not have to utilize their women I'm pretty sure they wouldn't. The countries that make women serve don't have a choice but to use them!

Last edited:

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
Get used to it ladies. I work at a WTU right now, and one of the wounded females came Lewis trying to do what the boys do. She worked with SF as a female searcher or something along those lines. That's what Top was telling me.

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
The higher ups say plenty of crap about how women have been in combat in afgan and Iraq since the wars began and proven effective. The handful of women we were forced to take with us solely for Intel reason's lost their freaking minds the second we took contact and instead of implementing them into the combat situation we had to worry about wether or not she was going to be killed or get somebody killed...

Users who are viewing this thread