"Works" supercharger

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
I hear everyone talking about a Works blower vs. the Kenne Bell that might be coming out "some day."

What is a Works blower? Who makes it, what's it's history, etc? Is their quality and customer service better than KB (Ok, the customer service can't be that hard to outdo, but still....) I'm curious because, while the Eaton does what I need it to and I don't have the urge to upgrade (at this time,) I might conceivably decide that I have too much free time and money and upgrade the stock supercharger - probably not for a year or so, but you get the idea.

zepfloyd69

ok if the works blower is the same as the pieces of junk that saleen is using on their s/c cars these days, i wouldnt buy it. true i already got the kenne bell, but i know of 2 2003 s/c saleens that have those blowers on them and they only made 298 and 294 rwhp at 10lbs of boost. true, saleen is making their cars worse year after year, i had one and it was garbage, but if that is any indication of what the blower can or should i say cant do, then i wouldnt buy it

Dude don't even say Works Power and Kenne Bell in the same sentence. Works is made out of a 2.3L Whipple screwcharger by a guy of the name Chris Weisberg. The 140 is bigger, and Whipple uses Eaton's bearings unlike the shitty things the Kenne Bell uses. Kenne Bell was never on the map until they started replacing Eaton's with KB's. I would put your money in the piggy bank and wait for a Works if your going to upgrade.

ForceInjection

Established Member
Here are some "spy photos" of the works for you guys....

DSCF0060.JPG

DSCF0062.JPG

ForceInjection

Established Member
Yea, it gives you an idea of the works compressor, It should be very similar. I think it looks pretty tough.

03DOHC

Established Member
They should release them for the 03 Cobra first.;-)

Looks like a real nice piece. Anyone know what they will be selling for?

Evil SS

Established Member
I want one! I want one! I want one!

Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet?

Ok seriously. If it makes more power than the KB at the same Boost level. Has greater CFM rating and can be spun to the same RPM's or better. I will have Works blower on my Cobra. My poor Ford is scared of my Bowtie It shares a Garage with. Need to remedy that situation. Is there anything wrong with wanting 1400- 1500 RWHP split between 2 cars in your Garage?

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
Ford GT is supposed to have an Eaton twin screw. 500 HP and 500 lb/pd. torque with just 12 psi according to a recent mag.

Users who are viewing this thread