World's Greatest Drag Race

BM1

Established Member
I knew who the winner of that was going to be before the race started.

wma8706

Established Member
Fact is .... the only bone stock production 2011 mustang with stock tires that can run consistently in 11's or better would be the 2011 super snake and the 2012 cobra jet would bitch slap every car in the video in a drag race!

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
The fact that the GTR won makes me hate it that much more. It's like a fat oversized 370z with down syndrome. Fast or not, still a fugly chode-mobile.

BRIZZOK84

Established Member
As much as a lot of us don't want to admit, the old fashioned manual tranny will continue to handicap high HP cars. Computers have now made them obsolete. The American guys need to focus less on HP and more in this dept to remain competitive in the future.

I think your right SIR!!!:banana::rockon::beer:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The GT-R is dead consistent, (just like if any of those cars was automatic). Despite that, I'd take any of those cars, (save for the Mustang and BMW obviously since they're worth half as much) over one.

beave

Established Member
Its got some decent Tq for a v6 but I dont know that I would call that lots of Tq.

It dyno's more tq than hp to the wheels. My buddys car dyno'd 527awhp and 545awtq. I would say thats alot of torque, and believe me you can feel it when you mash the gas and it puts all of it down on the street or track.

trevkm7

Established Member
Our car makers need to start cutting weight on these boats too. All the horsepower and big brakes in the world won't make a 4200lb ZL1 or a 4000lb GT500 Compare with some of the supercars in their same price range. That's why I love Corvettes so much, it seems they get lighter / more powerful / handle better with each generation when all the other domestics put on pounds.

truth

Users who are viewing this thread