World's Greatest Drag Race

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
^Atleast I didn't have to say it. Plus, there are huge price gaps. Cool video though

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just saw that yesterday in another thread. A great video. And a super bunch of car/exotics for sure. :)

TRXboy

Established Member
I wonder if they applied there "No power shifting" rule when performing this drag race. Hopefully they put there better drivers in the seats of the car's that need more than a right foot and a pulse to drive.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
As much as a lot of us don't want to admit, the old fashioned manual tranny will continue to handicap high HP cars. Computers have now made them obsolete. The American guys need to focus less on HP and more in this dept to remain competitive in the future.

SVT Pille

Established Member
As much as a lot of us don't want to admit, the old fashioned manual tranny will continue to handicap high HP cars. Computers have now made them obsolete. The American guys need to focus less on HP and more in this dept to remain competitive in the future.

Our car makers need to start cutting weight on these boats too. All the horsepower and big brakes in the world won't make a 4200lb ZL1 or a 4000lb GT500 Compare with some of the supercars in their same price range. That's why I love Corvettes so much, it seems they get lighter / more powerful / handle better with each generation when all the other domestics put on pounds.

Last edited:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Isn't there a guy that ran 11.1 in a paper filter/stock tire zo6 and another with drag radial only run 10.9 and numerous low-mid 11's?

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
I cant and have never been able to figure out why GTR's are so quick but their bad ass.

530 hp, lots of torque, no turbo lag, awd, aggressively geared for acceleration, super efficient tranny...

Isn't there a guy that ran 11.1 in a paper filter/stock tire zo6 and another with drag radial only run 10.9 and numerous low-mid 11's?

Yes. On prepped race tracks with close to or negative DA. This is an unprepped airstrip. These results are actually very real world, what we would see on the street.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Cool vid... The start was a bit of a joke though... 1-2-3- Go lol

Users who are viewing this thread