Worried about my 04 Cobra

KILRSVT

Established Member
bought mine pullied with 42k......got whippled at 65k...as long as your tune is good and you maintain your car you will have a lot of life out of your car....your buds full of crap..i would take the dry shot out and re tune the car with a conservative tune..di\ont have that guy work on your car.

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Got almost 117,000 on mine just retuned 2 weeks ago and still putting 520 rwhp.....Maybe my car didnt get the 60-70,000 memo :shrug: I wouldnt worry if I were you:beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
he's right, i'll give you 5k for it right now and take the risk...

in all seriousness...get the tune checked, pull the dry shot off, and enjoy. Do a compression and leak down test if it would make you feel better.

this

tell your "mustang" buddy to find a new profession/hobby.

You'll be fine. Enjoy the car!

this!!

+1
don't let this guy work on your car.

this!!

bought mine pullied with 42k......got whippled at 65k...as long as your tune is good and you maintain your car you will have a lot of life out of your car....your buds full of crap..i would take the dry shot out and re tune the car with a conservative tune..di\ont have that guy work on your car.

and this!!

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Maybe he's hopin you'll sell it him real cheap cause he told you it was a pos

have it checked out like everyone said if you're that worried about it.

0dsgvert3

Established Member
he must not know to much. i bought my car with 68k miles on it. just rolled 80k and its pullied and tuned for the last 7k miles. the nitrous is getting installed this weekend and retuned next weekend. granted im going with a wet shot, im not worried one bit

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
OK..here is my story

I bought my 04 Cobra 2 weeks ago with 49k miles..The car itself is in great condition..the guy really took care of it..but i just got done talking to a guy who only works on mustangs and he scared the **** out of me..he told me these cars only last around 60-70k miles and i just wrapped 21k into this car. What are your thoughts about this year and how much use can i really expect out of the car?. If its true what he said then i guess i need to think about unloading this car already..im not trying to replace this engine when i still have 15k on my loan..Thanks for all you thoughts and replys

sounds like your "friend" recognized a gullible kid and gave you an appropriate story. maybe he was hoping that you would unload the car to him at a better price than you bought if for.

wjk

Established Member
Take a look around! The cars have been around for 6-7 years now and are still going strong. At this point in time, half the Cobras have reached 70k miles, and many of them are seeing over 100k. Look on this forum, ebay, autotrader, craigslist... Also, take into consideration the majority of these cars have been pullied for 450+ rwhp. I too would say these cars are bullet proof. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them make it to 200k miles before substantial problems occur.

BTW.. Is this the first time you've ever ran into someone who didn't know d*ck about cars? If so, you should show me where to hang. I seem to get douches like this daily that tell me how horrible Mustangs are and offer me their wisdom. :burn:If I were to guess he probably drives a 350z or a Honda S2000. I honestly believe even the Camaro guys wouldn't same something this stupid!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I honestly believe even the Camaro guys wouldn't same something this stupid!

The Camaro and Vette guys are some of our greatest fans! Really not that many jerks in that Demographic, compared to some other groups of car guys. I kinda cringe a little when some of our guys start ragging on other domestic car enthusiasts, because I'm seeing most of them not engaging in that sort bashing.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
OP, having nitrous doesn't mean your car will crap out at 60K or whatever miles. As long as the tune is straigh on with the AF ratio, your car will last for a long time. Look at the ones that do crap out with low or mid high miles, most were doing 5th and 6th gear WOT pulls back to back. I have a dry shot on mine with zero worries.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
hes sounds like a deucher. get a comp. check, and let her roll!

Users who are viewing this thread