Worried abt Terminator purchase tomorrow

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't have gone down there in the 1st place if they weren't willing to hold the car for you. There are plenty of other Terminators out there. Hopefully it all works out for ya.

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
If he were to sell it in the last 5 minutes of business that day I would be surprised. If someone in the company were in the process of trying to get money together to purchase it I get the feeling he would have mentioned it to push you to go ahead and possibly buy sight unseen. If it WERE sold, which I doubt it will be, I would definently pursue the BBB or someone, it wouldn't hurt.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
They wouldn't take a deposit ...But I don't feel they were being straight with me
I'm immediately concerned that they wouldn't take any kind of deposit so at this point you only have the word of mouth of a car salesman, nothing in writing. And unfortunately car salesmen are among the slimiest characters there are. Don't be surprised at all if they already sold the car and try to bait and switch you to something else. You're as good as a Thanksgiving turkey to these guys because they already know you have the financial means to buy something.

In all honesty I hope this works out well for you, but if you feel something isn't right about the person you're dealing with... just walk away. It's not worth it.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
my money is on the fact that they were trying to reel you in...although the mentality of that makes no sense to me at all :dw: considering you were already planning on buying it. I'd bank on the fact that it'll still be there in the morning.

However, sadly if it's not, i'd say there isn't a single thing you can do about it, besides giving the sales rep a little peice of your mind. I don't think i' would have drove all the way down there without a gaurantee that it'd still be there, but since you did, the best of luck.

I'm thinkin it'll still be there and that your just being a hair on the obsessive-compulsive side right now. Get some sleep and go buy the car when they open. Pics had BETTER follow :)

Evan5469

Established Member
My bet is that they were just telling you someone was looking at it so you'd say that you'd just buy it sight unseen over the phone right then.

Tomorrow when you go to check it out be very thorough and check everything you feel you need to. Don't let them try to rush you into signing any papers before you're satisfied.

As far as them selling it before you get there, the only course of action you could would be the BBB because you have no agreement in writing and it's your word against theirs basically.

JerseySVT

Established Member
It really doesn't have anything to do with the car itself. I am fully prepared to walk away if there's anything I don't like about the car. I am fine with taking the risk of driving down here and it not being in the condition I expect. I wouldnt buy a car sight unseen, but I did offer to purchase it so they wouldn't sell it, since they "don't take deposits on pre-owned vehicles."

Its more about ethics and the deal itself. Would you consider what we had a "deal?" One that I would have grounds for a complaint if the situation turns out like that? I'm 90% sure it won't. Just seeing what you guys would do in this situation if you were in my shoes and they sold the car out from under you after being vaguely assured it wouldn't be.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
as i see it bro, you have nothing in writing, and hardly anything by word of mouth. I'd say more like a 99% chance that there's nothing you could do. Are they slimy trash for going about it like this? Sure...but how many dealers aren't?

If the car checks out great and meets all your expectations, sign the papers and leave that trash behind you. No matter how trashy this dealer may be, as long as the CAR checks out, who cares how they went about their ethics. Once your done with them, you're done with them. If they don't have it, your right...you can't do a thing about it besides tell them what you think of them. There was no legal contract or binding here.

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
If it were me? Being an old school southern boy? I'd stop his ass right there in the showroom floor, hop back in my car and head home haha.

LS1_KILLA

Banned
It really doesn't have anything to do with the car itself. I am fully prepared to walk away if there's anything I don't like about the car. I am fine with taking the risk of driving down here and it not being in the condition I expect. I wouldnt buy a car sight unseen, but I did offer to purchase it so they wouldn't sell it, since they "don't take deposits on pre-owned vehicles."

Its more about ethics and the deal itself. Would you consider what we had a "deal?" One that I would have grounds for a complaint if the situation turns out like that? I'm 90% sure it won't. Just seeing what you guys would do in this situation if you were in my shoes and they sold the car out from under you after being vaguely assured it wouldn't be.

If you offered to buy it over the phone, wouldnt that be buying a car unseen??:rollseyes

JerseySVT

Established Member
If you offered to buy it over the phone, wouldnt that be buying a car unseen??:rollseyes

Nope. There's no actual sale until I sign the papers in person. Which I wouldn't do without being 100% satisfied with the vehicle. I will definately buy it if its in the condition I expect it to be in. I was just assuring them of that by offering to purchase, if it is how described.

Ive estabished that I would have no decent complaint. I'd let them know how I feel about them and I'd leave. Thanks for the responses and I'll be sure to post pics when I get this baby home. :beer:

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
There are plenty of cobra for sale all over the place. I'd rather spend my money with a different dealer / private seller who doesn't give me the run around and wants to be straight up about a purchase. Why give your hard earned money to someone who's not willing to give you the slightest sign of kindness ?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Agreed...get it from a private seller much better experience IMO, good luck either way and let us know how it turns out...

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
If the salesman knows you want it badly he may be playing you in a attempt to get more $$ out of you ,be careful don't be to committed to that car.
There are plenty of cars out there don't let him control the situation.
He needs you more than you need him.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Take your time, sounds like you would buy this car in a second. I been there I know you want it, but dont buy a piece of sh**, and regret it. There will be more cobra for sell.

Users who are viewing this thread