Worried abt Terminator purchase tomorrow

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
1. This better be the deal of the century for the sense of urgency. Why don't you give us some more details... price, miles, condition, mods, history, clean CarFax, OASIS report, etc.

2. Calling the dealer to inquire about the car's status is one thing. Offering to buy it just to get it off the floor when you haven't even seen it, driving 250 miles, and waiting at the door when they open in the morning? That's pretty crazy. This better be a perfect, no-mod, one-owner car with 20,000 miles for $15K...because you might as well have a big sign on your forehead that says...

"I will do anything to buy this car!"

3. You're playing both sides of the fence. In one sentence, you say "As far as I'm concerned, we made a deal and the car is mine." On the other hand, you say you'll walk if you don't like something about the car? If you don't end up buying the car, should the dealer sue you because you said on the phone that you would? Don't worry about who you'll complain to if the deal falls through. Just keep your head on straight and DON'T GET RIPPED OFF. The worst thing that will happen is that this will be a $500 lesson learned the hard way.

The main question remains unanswered: Is this a great car at a great price???? :shrug:

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
the dealer is screwing with you.....they are gauging how bad you want the car and tellign you a story. Chances are no one is looking at it and no one interested in it. When you get there expect the price to go up 5k based on your desperation...the dealer has already sized you up.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
^x2 Someone Is Always Looking At It Or Interested.

tHE ONLY WAY ID BE THAT CRAZY ABOUT IT IS IF IT WAS A SUPER RARE SALEEN COBRA BUT STILL U GOTTA SEE IT, SMELL IT, DRIVE IT ETC.....

Last edited:

JerseySVT

Established Member
Its a sonic blue, 1 owner, every service documented, stock, mint condition cobra. Been waiting for one to come along for a while. I test drove it, looked over top to bottom and its everything I expected it to be. I have the keys and were just waiting for the loan paperwork to be finished up.

I was just feeling paranoid because of so much happening at once and wanted to get an outside opinion of the situation. Yeah, I'd do just about anything to get this car. Thankfully, I didn't have to do much. I have absolutely no complaints about the dealer as of right now. If the loan goes through smoothly, ill be towing it home before noon.

Thanks again.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Be careful if you are financing the car at the dealer. The finance guy may be the biggest crook there. I'm not trying to make you paranoid. Chances are the guy is OK...but you never know.

The Financing Fell Through Scam

JerseySVT

Established Member
finally got her home after a 5 hour drive that seemed to take forever. It got a little dusty on the ride home so Im gonna give it a wash and wax in the morning and I'll take some pics.

Details for those who asked...
It has 23k mi. The original owner drove it an average of just under 4000mi a year since he bought it new in 2002. It has a CAI, catback, and shifter, so not 100% stock but close enough. The oil changes, tire rotations, chassis lubes, etc are documented on the carfax report with dates/mileage when they were performed. Theres 3 Tiny rock chips on the hood. Couldn't find any other blemishes on the exterior. I haven't found a single flaw on the interior yet and don't think I will. No tick, motor is very strong, and the trans shifts smoooooth. Undercarriage is very clean for the mileage. Its in better condition then I expected.

I hate dealerships but they were ok. They didn't jack up the price. I was hoping to pay $25k, but ended up paying the $26k asking price which is fine with me. Yeah, used terminators are a dime a dozen and maybe I would have found one sooner or later for a grand or two less, but I've been looking for a couple months and only found two othets that I would have considered. One in Texas, 14k mi, $28,500. The other has 11,500 mi, $30,500. Don't remember the location. I know 1 had 2 owners, and pretty sure the other one did too but not certain.

Anyway, thanks to those who tried to help or had positive things to say. Gonna go take the fiance for a ride now. :beer:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
There are not a dime a dozen, but I think what everyone is saying, is don't rush and buy a lemon, or even overpay, because you are having a hard time finding one. I bought mine in hawaii and would think they are alot harder to find down here. I went with all expectation to buy, but a clear head, got me a better deal. And atleast the dealer will back up the car for a little while. Private sellers, once you sign it all yours.

BlownReptile

Established Member
You got the car exactly the way you wanted, its in great shape, low miles- you did well. I wanted to go sonic blue as well, but I just couldn't pass up the deal on the Cobra I got. Congrats man- hope you enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread