Worth it to switch to e85?

CshiznitzJ

Established Member
Ethanol has less energy per mass than gas but it is worth it as others have said for cooler burn and more power. I can confirm mine runs strong with bolt ons e85 and even with stock manifold

SlvrS197

Established Member
So with just a good 47 lb injector e85 is fine with a good tune from aed? Won't have any other issues with destroying sensors or fuel pumps etc?

stang8psi

Established Member
if you dont have those mpg #'s reversed fire your tuner.

Yea something isn't right there.. maybe different driving habits more than the fuel change... cause it is just not possible to gain mpg while using more fuel with e85 than pump 93

Last edited:

kingcobra323

Established Member
Ethanol has less energy per mass than gas but it is worth it as others have said for cooler burn and more power. I can confirm mine runs strong with bolt ons e85 and even with stock manifold

How much power increase did you see with stock manifold

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
So with just a good 47 lb injector e85 is fine with a good tune from aed? Won't have any other issues with destroying sensors or fuel pumps etc?

Yes. You will not ruin anything while running e85. The 47lb'ers should be plenty for a bolt on NA car running e85.

You MAY run into o2 sensor issues, however that is rare.

gs462

Established Member
The stock fuel system minus the injectors is fine for E85? all thats needed is a tune and injectors??

MOB 5.0

Established Member
^ yup!
i think its worth every single penny to switch to e85. my car put down 440whp and 391tq with just e85, intake and x-pipe exhaust. With E85 you do spend more fuel but its well worth the power.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
:lol: at increased MPG after switching to E85.

OP, head over to The Distillery here on SVTP. It will tell you everything you need to know about switching to E85. You will see a decent decrease in MPG, probably around 3-5 MPG depending on how you drive, but if you are looking for more power and a better safety margin for detonation, E85 is for you.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Agreed, E85 is like cheap race gas sold at the pump. Use it to push engine tuning to the extreme without the worry of detonation. Darn shame I don't have easy access to it in Pensacola.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread