Worth it to switch to e85?

kornflake7

Established Member
I recently moved somewhere that has e85 readily available, I can find 47lb injectors pretty cheap 150-200, who does remote tuning for e85? Cheaper by at least .50 a gallon compared to premium. So is it really worth it power wise etc? Mods are
Steeda cai
Boss manifold
Lethal o/r h pipe

Future plans:
Over axle pipes
Possibly headers or nitrous but no time soon
Gears/ds won't mess with the e85 obviously
Thanks for the help guys

by9468840

Established Member
not sure but i think you need to upgrade your injectors to something like Injector dynamics. You probably cant use E85 with stock 47# injectors

SCalla1384

Established Member
Stock injectors aren't 47lb, I forget what size but there smaller. E85 and 47lb injectors is what pretty much everyone uses with a simple NA bolt on car.

These motors seem to pick up pretty big with e85. But you'll burn through the e85 faster. 93 in the long run will be cheaper. But e85 will yield better gains. Run a tune for both. 93 and e85

stang8psi

Established Member
Stock injectors are 39# and the ford 47# injectors are all you need for a full bolt on n/a car with e85 and still be within a safe jnjector duty cycle and st fuel trims.

darreng505

Established Member
better make sure the injectors have stainless internals. not all do...if you get a set that don't, in time, you will have problems.

stang8psi

Established Member
better make sure the injectors have stainless internals. not all do...if you get a set that don't, in time, you will have problems.

Well there is only so many 47# injectors that fit the mustang and guess what the ford Bosch ones are fine, have been fine, and will be fine. Op get the frpp , roush, Bosch 47# 60mm long injectors as they are all the same. You will be fine and no worries in the future of failures.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I got my FRPP 47# injectors from blue oval for the cheapest price I could find them at.

Any of the top tuners can set you up with an E85 tune. I run an AED E85 tune and I have not had any issues with it and the car runs like a raped ape.

-Thomas

Phil DoWork

Established Member
i'm guessing this is between you and the tuner.. but. Can the mustang run 100% E85 or is it a 50/50 mix.

I came from a speed3 that had fuel pump issue's if we went with 100% E over the course of 2-3k problems.

04compgt

Established Member
I run e85 full time, I have driven 15k miles on e85, not a single issue. To me it is worth the protection of my engine, smoother driveability and the power gain is a plus. This is just my personal opinion.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
In Pensacola, we only have E85 available on Pensacola Naval Air Station. That sucks, because I'd like to run it in the coming twin turbo setup, however......I'm not driving over an hour round trip to fill up my car twice a week. Hopefully, one day, we will have a station in North Pensacola that sells it.

stang8psi

Established Member
i'm guessing this is between you and the tuner.. but. Can the mustang run 100% E85 or is it a 50/50 mix.

I came from a speed3 that had fuel pump issue's if we went with 100% E over the course of 2-3k problems.

Reason why you had so many issues In drivability and tuning while trying to make power is because your old speed is direct injected with the fuel pump at the rail. And stock are almost at max psi and cannot withstand the extra fuel demand e85 requires. .. those cars suck for doing mods cause intake and exhaust with a tune and a new pump is required.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Stock injectors are like 32lb ones. 47lb ones will be fine for bolt on NA car on e85. My car gained MPG when I switched to e85. Well worth it. $3.20 a gallon compared to 4.00 for premium. Big savings

kornflake7

Established Member
Ya I would like the power gains, I don't care a ton about losing two mpg or so. Ill get into contact with bbr since I have my tune with them and also Shaun@aed

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Car was averaging 13 mpg with 93 and 17 with e85. VMP tunes dont give the best gas mileage so that's why I am getting better mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread