Would/have you ever give(n) a girl "your" phone number???

mariosvt

Bazinga
Established Member
I was wondering how many guys would or have gave their phone numbers out to a girl/woman instead of asking for hers?

Whats the story, how did you do it, and did you ever get a call/text back?

There is a girl who still works at my previous employer. I've been wanting to get her number but undecided on how to. I don't want to go in person and put her on the spot in front of other employees so I was thinking of sending flowers to her work along with a card that has stuff written in it along with my number. But I don't know yet.

Last edited:

ChromeSnake98

Established Member
Also did it have been together 5 years and have a house and a kid together. Sometimes putting yourself out there is different in a good way. It also doesn't pressure them into "having" to give their number and then not picking up when you call. It puts the ball in their court in which case makes it easier on you because if they are really interested they'll call.

hipoint_svt

Established Member
I have. Long story short was driving down the interstate in bumper to bumper traffic coming to a dead stop pretty often. She was driving a pretty nice looking 370Z & she was hot too so I grabbed my sharpie, a piece of paper (pretty sure it was a used envelope lol) but the next time we came to a full stop.. hopped out of the car and ran it to her. She texted me shortly after and we ended up hitting it off pretty good, I ended up hitting like the next week but then we both just went our ways. Wasn't right at the time being. Looking back she was a keeper lol Did I mention that her breast size was something ridiculous like 34FFF? Thought I was going to knock her out with her own boobs

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I was wondering how many guys would or have gave their phone numbers out to a girl/woman instead of asking for hers?

Whats the story, how did you do it, and did you ever get a call/text back?

There is a girl who still works at my previous employer. I've been wanting to get her number but undecided on how to. I don't want to go in person and put her on the spot in front of other employees so I was thinking of sending flowers to her work along with a card that has stuff written in it along with my number. But I don't know yet.

Sending her flowers with a thoughtful note is a wonderful thing. She'll think you are romantic:thumbsup: Writing your phone number on it is cheesy.:nono: However, when you receive a call back for a thank you, you can give the invite for a drink or coffee. The day of your meeting, try to remember your phone number because it's the time to pass it on to her before you leave. If you have a business card, even better. Show that you care and would like to see her again. Good luck, she may be the girl you spend your live with.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I have. Long story short was driving down the interstate in bumper to bumper traffic coming to a dead stop pretty often. She was driving a pretty nice looking 370Z & she was hot too so I grabbed my sharpie, a piece of paper (pretty sure it was a used envelope lol) but the next time we came to a full stop.. hopped out of the car and ran it to her. She texted me shortly after and we ended up hitting it off pretty good, I ended up hitting like the next week but then we both just went our ways. Wasn't right at the time being. Looking back she was a keeper lol Did I mention that her breast size was something ridiculous like 34FFF? Thought I was going to knock her out with her own boobs

Pics?

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Sending her flowers with a thoughtful note is a wonderful thing. She'll think you are romantic:thumbsup: Writing your phone number on it is cheesy.:nono: However, when you receive a call back for a thank you, you can give the invite for a drink or coffee. The day of your meeting, try to remember your phone number because it's the time to pass it on to her before you leave. If you have a business card, even better. Show that you care and would like to see her again. Good luck, she may be the girl you spend your live with.

Maybe I am missing something due to not sleeping. If he doesn't provide a number, how does she call to thank him? Smoke signal? :shrug:

OP- I have a business so I always have cards on me. Done it a few times, and had success. How old are you? Suggest lunch or coffee so it isn't a date per say initially and takes some of the stress off.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I have on several occasions, but never received a phone call back.

Although I think it's getting there, the guys is still the primary when it comes to courting. If you can't get her number, odds are you're dead in the water.

I think you're working on the wrong assumption though. Girls love competition. If you go down there in person, she'll be the talk of the office. That might be the advantage you can use.

But hell, I never was good at that game. I fell in to my fiancee by wearing a half assed Stig costume.

george.arnold

Established Member
I do it all the time. I'd say I'm 90% on returns. Just can't hold it against them if they don't call you.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
Business cards FTW. But as others have said, it really depends on the setting and situation. I'm 26, have given the business card out a few times and it always felt weird. Never gave it out when we weren't talking about work of some sort. Seems easier to me to just get the number right then and there.

or you could do as my roommate does and run the facebook games. Which can actually play out haha

oneslo5.0

Established Member
I did this weekend, it's all in how confident you are. I took a picture and she said "send me that picture" so I gave her my phone and she sent the picture then was nice enough and saved her number for me. The rest is easy, start a bullshit story in the morning like "how are you feeling this morning" and go from that point. I think easy is always best, I have been rejected but if it's not super obvious for both parties its way less awkward, woman are easy man. Save the flowers, find a excuse to talk to her and strike up a story and meet at a mutual place for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread