Would you buy a Saleen Cobra?

tjtucker

Established Member
I'm looking to get a car.

I found a 2004 Saleen Cobra with 15,000 miles. It's a true Saleen Cobra one of 17 built (Per what I read on the forums) It a Black on Black coupe 1 of 9.. Nice shape and not modded. Is it worth 24,500.00?

Anyone know what all Saleen did beside the wheels, body kit and interior bits.

Thanks
TJ

Vapors

Established Member
I see your from Dallas. Is it a local dealer or private party? There are a couple places around here that put "fo-bras" up for sale fairly often.

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
that's cheap for an 04' saleen cobra..i would have bought it in a heart beat if I hadn't bought my current cobra in January..there's a guy selling one on performance auto sport for $39,000.00 and it is also black and completely stock.

canada cobra

Established Member
this might give you the background on the saleen - cobra conversions...seems there were 2 , like a lot of saleens bodykit, wheels (which are really nice) and interior dress up...in the top conversion they took the cobra up to about 445hp, so trally you are going to have to identify exactly what you are buying: get the VIN and phone saleen directly..........
2004 Mustang Saleen Body Styles - MustangAttitude.com Data Explorer

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
thats how much i bought my stock mystichrome for.

seal the deal before someone else does

snakecharmer

Established Member
24,500 for that car is a bargain. Where is this car located? If it is here in NC, I've seen it and it is immaculate.

Juruense

Banned
Be sure to keep us updated on this. If the car is not as advertised the Mustang community needs to know.

WydOpen

Established Member
At that price either the owner doesn't know what he has or it is a fake (slim chance you're getting a legit car for an incredible price). Get the bumper number and last four of the VIN and call it in to Saleen or go to one of the Saleen forums and have someone cross-reference. The Saleen community is fairly small and a tight knit group. With the rarer cars it seems like everyone knows the history...it helped me when I was in the market for a '99 S351. I would post the bumper number and last four VIN and get a flood of PM's telling me the history and what to watch out for.

There were more Saleen Cobras in 2004 than 2003. In 2004 there were only 3 black coupes produced IIRC. I hope it is legit and you get an awesome car at an incredible price...just do your research so you don't get screwed.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
3 ways of identification.

1. In front of the shifter

2. Front bumper will have the number of the car.

3. Inside the engine bay on the firewall.

If it has all 3 there's about a 99% chance it's real. Although you can easily call Saleen and double check the vin#. I doubt it is though but yes I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
My money's on it being a clone. My bumper number is #098. Another member on here (twinvipers) has #196. The other one, of the three, is #349 and was for sale at Black's last year. IIRC it was modded to hell and had more miles than the one you found. Good luck and keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread