Would you feel comfortable with your girlfriend doing a "sexy" photoshoot?

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Just what the title says, my girlfriend had a high school classmate turned photographer contact her after seeing her instagram page and offered to do a photoshoot for free to build his portfolio (supposedly) when she flies back to Boston for Xmas (we live in SoFl now). We've been together for 8 months and are starting to get really serious, and no I don't have trust issues so I know she's not going to cheat. She asked me if I was ok with her doing the shoot and I said I wasn't sure, it was up to her but that it sounded sketchy for me. Being a business minded guy I explained to her there's no such thing as a free lunch, and he's either a perv who wants these pictures for himself or the internet, OR is going to try and make money off them without her consent.

When I asked her why she wants to do it she just said she just always has and wants to get them done for me. While this part is obviously awesome am I going to sound like a controlling nut job by offering to pay to have someone here in FL do it when I can be there if she really wants to do it? It just sounds too good to be true and this guy's "studio" is supposedly in his house, yada yada yada..... She's not doing any nudes but i'm still concerned that this guy is up to something fishy. I told her that at the very least she should get a signed contract and bring a close friend with her to the shoot in case this guy tries to pull something.

What would SVTP do? And please keep it moderately respectful.

Also inb4 "pics of gf", not going to happen

PC03GT

Established Member
I wouldn't let her do it unless you're there. Especially if she's sexy, a boner is a powerful thing and does not have a conscience.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
I wouldn't let her do it unless you're there. Especially if she's sexy, a boner is a powerful thing and does not have a conscience.

I'm not going to pat myself on the back but yes she is an extremely attractive woman and i'm a lucky guy for sure. It just sounds too good to be true, and we all know what that means

chao5.0

Established Member
Why not? They are going to end up everywhere else anyway if she does it.

exactly, if you are scared to post pics here then don't let her do the shoot, they will get out.

oh and to answer your question no I wouldn't let her.

Zemedici

Established Member

This. Would she be cool with you doing a playgirl shoot? If not, then she shouldnt do it. If so, maybe ya'll should re-evaluate your situation...ha

Just flip the script on her. My girl does sketchy shit sometimes, and she doesnt understand the issue. Then when I say 'would you be cool if i did xxxx', she says no, magically she gets it then :lol:

'Hey baby lemme do a photoshoot of you with no clothes on, with your boyfriend absent'

Yeah he's trying to shoot something, alright.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
I see we're all in agreement here, glad i'm not the only one who would be uncomfortable with this. If I get this dude's name who wants to do it is anyone here a solid "internet detective"? I just texted her to find out his name, i'm gonna put the nix on this thing unless he comes back as a legitimate photographer

Zemedici

Established Member
I see we're all in agreement here, glad i'm not the only one who would be uncomfortable with this. If I get this dude's name who wants to do it is anyone here a solid "internet detective"? I just texted her to find out his name, i'm gonna put the nix on this thing unless he comes back as a legitimate photographer

yeah dude SVT can handle it. Just post up his name.

And 'legitimate photographers' hardly ever do 'hey lemme see you in your underwear' shoots.

bcass

Established Member
I would tell her that you want somebody else present, other than that, let the pics fly. This insures she won't get pressured into posing somehow that she isn't comfortable with, and that he stays in his pants. Have her bring it up to him, and see his reaction. I bet his plans crumble a little once she says she wants a safety net.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Unless she's trying to be a professional model I don't see the point. I'd speak my peace to her and let her decide what to do.

azmarkus

Established Member
Offer to do a sexy photoshoot of this old HS chum's mom and girlfriend and see how he reacts, then verbally guarantee him a Rodney King massage if he's in stinkpatch sniff mode.

But seriously folks....no way.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Just what the title says, my girlfriend had a high school classmate turned photographer contact her after seeing her instagram page and offered to do a photoshoot for free to build his portfolio (supposedly) when she flies back to Boston for Xmas (we live in SoFl now). We've been together for 8 months and are starting to get really serious, and no I don't have trust issues so I know she's not going to cheat. She asked me if I was ok with her doing the shoot and I said I wasn't sure, it was up to her but that it sounded sketchy for me. Being a business minded guy I explained to her there's no such thing as a free lunch, and he's either a perv who wants these pictures for himself or the internet, OR is going to try and make money off them without her consent.

When I asked her why she wants to do it she just said she just always has and wants to get them done for me. While this part is obviously awesome am I going to sound like a controlling nut job by offering to pay to have someone here in FL do it when I can be there if she really wants to do it? It just sounds too good to be true and this guy's "studio" is supposedly in his house, yada yada yada..... She's not doing any nudes but i'm still concerned that this guy is up to something fishy. I told her that at the very least she should get a signed contract and bring a close friend with her to the shoot in case this guy tries to pull something.

What would SVTP do? And please keep it moderately respectful.

Also inb4 "pics of gf", not going to happen

What part of this cant you guys understand.

ViciousJay

Established Member
If I were you and you feel ok about it then make sure she has the rights to the pictures, if not no bueno. Sounds like this dude got a camera is trying to pimp people.

PC03GT

Established Member
Anyone ever hear of a guy named "WAR MACHINE"? I would not put yourself in that position my friend.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Nope. You need to understand your woman's boundaries though. Your best play might be to highly discourage the shoot, and be clear about that to her. Also, make sure that she understands the reality is that he probably seeks to shoot her out of his own personal interests, and that is a problem for you. However, be very clear that you aren't objecting because you can't control her, and that it is her decision. Ultimately, from experience most women would eventually decide to not go through with it.
If she does, it is her risk. If the guy faps off to her, or they end up somewhere on his website... it was her mistake, her cost. And if you end up in a commited relationship you take that on too.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If it was me, I'd only be ok with it if my girl was getting paid (even if it's only $50 or $100), I was there, no nudes and I got copies of everything.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
When she gets out of work I will text her and get his name, if I can't find anything conclusive i'll turn his name over to the powers of SVTP lol.

As mentioned before, she is an AWESOME girl and I have no doubts about her being faithful, but I'm also a dude and I know how some of us think. That being said i'm never going to be controlling and if I don't like what someone does in a relationship then i'm man enough to get out and not impose my will on someone else

Users who are viewing this thread