Would you have given Jeter his 3,000th hit ball?

The 250k ball..

• Keep it.

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Give it back.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
No way in hell Njc0las isn't making a ton of money on that shit. You must be high. I'd turbo the shit out of my car and do the 03 interior swap plus some chrome 18" saleens. Then I'd spend the rest on some tacky shit from the home shopping network.

Last edited:

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
I caught a Prince Fielder home run ball at Miller Park. It was for the MLB record # of home runs in May or something. The Brewers officials found me in the stadium, gave me a Prince autographed ball and bat for the ball. I traded no questions asked.

As for a $250,000 ball..not sure it would be as easy.

Spoolx

Established Member
Only a fool would give it back for free.... those guys are multi-millionaires and the owner is a billionaire.. I be damned if my broke ass is just gonna give it up for free.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Only a fool would give it back for free.... those guys are multi-millionaires and the owner is a billionaire.. I be damned if my broke ass is just gonna give it up for free.

bingo

he's got $100's of millions so he can toss me some $250k+ pocket change

dooberGN

Established Member
I caught a Prince Fielder home run ball at Miller Park. It was for the MLB record # of home runs in May or something. The Brewers officials found me in the stadium, gave me a Prince autographed ball and bat for the ball. I traded no questions asked.

As for a $250,000 ball..not sure it would be as easy.

You should have traded then knocked them out with the bat and took the ball back like a boss.

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
You should have traded then knocked them out with the bat and took the ball back like a boss.

I mean I did do that. Then I climbed to the top of the cat walk, put on a small parachute, jumped from the roof of Miller Park and landed on top of a semi-truck going by on I94. Then Megan Fox (pre-surgery) pulled up on a turbocharged Hayabusa and I leaped from the roof of the moving semi at the same time she slid to the back seat and I landed perfectly in riding position. I was halfway to New York by the time the guy woke up.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I mean I did do that. Then I climbed to the top of the cat walk, put on a small parachute, jumped from the roof of Miller Park and landed on top of a semi-truck going by on I94. Then Megan Fox (pre-surgery) pulled up on a turbocharged Hayabusa and I leaped from the roof of the moving semi at the same time she slid to the back seat and I landed perfectly in riding position. I was halfway to New York by the time the guy woke up.

Was the semi Optimus Prime?

65fastback2+2

Established Member

you screwed up

should slid to the back and let her keep driving the bike and just did her from behind while on the bike

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Id take that shit and run, and sell it on ebay.

I dont care if it makes me a douchebag, id be the douchebag with a $200k house paid for in cash and a C6Z in the driveway also paid for in cash.

You would also be getting taxed on that 250K so im pretty sure it wouldnt be as grand as you think.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Maybe I'm naive or stupid, but I don't feel it's "mine". It's his accomplishment, without him that ball means nothing. And frankly, he's the only person on Earth that is truly going to appreciate it. Anyone else is just a collector looking for pats on the back from friend's or to stare at it and admire it's value ($$$).

I would expect they would trade me something that I could keep in my home to have the memory of catching it (a signed picture of me, Jeter, and the ball would suffice), I'd gladly take anything else they would offer (bats, balls, tickets, signed stuff, meeting the team, etc.) and I would request that I personally got to hand the ball to Derek and shake his hand.

How would you feel if your kid hit his first ever home run at Pop Warner and you politely went with your son to the kid that caught it hanging out behind the home run fence and he refused to give it back because he felt entitled to it?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Id take that shit and run, and sell it on ebay.

I dont care if it makes me a douchebag, id be the douchebag with a $200k house paid for in cash and a C6Z in the driveway also paid for in cash.

Whoever pays the most $$$ gets it.

Hell no, if he wanted to pay me, say, half a million for it sure he can have it, otherwise id advertise to all sports marketing centers and sports memorabilia collectors that I have it and put it up for auction. Either way I'd be happy.

i would of say "SHOW ME THE MONEY" lol

I'm not a Yankees or Jeter fan, so I would have gotten as much as I could for it from the highest bidder.

+65,000

Sorry, Jeter (the athlete who makes millions every year) can cough up the money if he wants it. If not Ebay it is. I don't want memorabilia or a pat on the back.

Edit: just read he got box seats for the remainder of the season and a world series tickets, if they go to it.

Yea.. I would tell them to go pound sand.

Last edited:

dooberGN

Established Member
Maybe I'm naive or stupid, but I don't feel it's "mine". It's his accomplishment, without him that ball means nothing. And frankly, he's the only person on Earth that is truly going to appreciate it. Anyone else is just a collector looking for pats on the back from friend's or to stare at it and admire it's value ($$$).

I would expect they would trade me something that I could keep in my home to have the memory of catching it (a signed picture of me, Jeter, and the ball would suffice), I'd gladly take anything else they would offer (bats, balls, tickets, signed stuff, meeting the team, etc.) and I would request that I personally got to hand the ball to Derek and shake his hand.

How would you feel if your kid hit his first ever home run at Pop Warner and you politely went with your son to the kid that caught it hanging out behind the home run fence and he refused to give it back because he felt entitled to it?

Just smack the kid around a bit.:coolman:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Who cares if it was taxed. Its not like your out anything. Did the ball come attached with a bill?

Because its not like you hand the ball over and they give you 250K in cash. Whether you like it or not you will be taxed and i doubt a 23 year old kid is ready for that.

Look at all the people that wish they never won the lottery.

Users who are viewing this thread