wow...2003 GT > Mach 1?

EVO-lution

Established Member
since when do stock GT's run low 13's?....(sarcastic voice). i just had an argument with a friend about this. her fiance's stock GT can run low 13's and she said Mach 1's are just GT's with a few little appearance mods.

Shackleford

Established Member
Most people don't know what the Mach is, just give the right info and if they don't take it brush it off.

I've seen some other Mach guys saying they've had people ask if it was a V6!

kens88gt

Established Member
The Mach is so much more car than the GT. I ran 13.2 in my stock Mach 1 with the original tires on only the 4th pass. My daughter had a GT and I don't think there is much comparison.

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
I've seen some other Mach guys saying they've had people ask if it was a V6!

i got asked that!!! i was like are you f'ing serious?? and he was driving a gt. i had a 01 gt before i got my mach 1. two totally different worlds. the gt's power pails in comparison to the mach's! :rockon:

Last edited:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
2V is weak-sauce compared to the 4V. Had both in the same car, 2V even had cams and Bullitt intake.

No comparison to even a stock cammed 4V.

1slow4v

I seen a V6, Mach clone, and the guy tried to tell me that it was the real deal. I just laughed, I also like when people roll up next to me and ask what it is.

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
I seen a V6, Mach clone, and the guy tried to tell me that it was the real deal. I just laughed, I also like when people roll up next to me and ask what it is.

i do too! i convinced some punk with a fobra one night that it had a 4 banger in it!:lol: i was in iraq and he was talking about how bad a** his cobra was and i asked him what year and he said 03 and i was like oh and asked him about it and he said he had switched the cloth to leather and blah blah blah and showed me pics i was like man look at mine and then totally punked him infront of his boys. i hate gd poser's!!!

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
It amazes me that there are still people that dont know atleast a little about the Machs considering that they have been out for over 5 years now. When my bud bought his brand new back in 04 there were still alot of people that had no clue what it was.

We punked quite a few GT's and even a couple of Fbods that thought it was all appearance and no bite. My friend and I both grew very tired of explaining to everybody what exactly a Mach was. Especially Mustang guys......I mean damn it! They should know this stuff lol.

1slow4v

It amazes me that there are still people that dont know atleast a little about the Machs considering that they have been out for over 5 years now. When my bud bought his brand new back in 04 there were still alot of people that had no clue what it was.

We punked quite a few GT's and even a couple of Fbods that thought it was all appearance and no bite. My friend and I both grew very tired of explaining to everybody what exactly a Mach was. Especially Mustang guys......I mean damn it! They should know this stuff lol.
Actually it's one of the few reasons why I'm glad that I didn't buy a Cobra. I love the terminator's don't get me wong, but people always seem to underestimate the Mach 1's.

Shackleford

Established Member
I had some guy in a Mustang ask if it was a real Mach 1, lol.
I had never even heard of the 03/04 Mach 1 until the day before I bought it in 2006... I remember seeing one once before that, but I was just like wow wonder what that's all about, and forgot about it. I wasn't at all into Fords, so that's my excuse.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
since when do stock GT's run low 13's?....(sarcastic voice). i just had an argument with a friend about this. her fiance's stock GT can run low 13's and she said Mach 1's are just GT's with a few little appearance mods.

:lol: I've heard that one before.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
The powerbands of the motors are not even the same. I had both a 00GT and now my Mach. The best you are going to get a bone stock GT to run is around a 14.0 - 14.2. Getting it into the 13's stock is hard since you have to rape it out of the hole witha 3.27 gear and by the 1/8 the engine has nothing left. The Mach 4V has so much more low end torque and mid range torque in it's stock form with 3.55's and will do 13.60 - 13.80's all day long.

My 2000 GT had the following mods when I ran a 13.8
K&N Cold Air Kit, UPR Catted X Pipe, Flowmaster 40's, FFRP Shorty Headers, SuperChips Tuner, Steeda UDP's, C&L Ported Plenum, BBK 75MM Throttle Body

My 2004 Mach 1 had the following mods when it was N/A and ran 12.6 @ 110
K&N Cold Air Kit, Dr. Gas Off Road X-Pipe, Borla Stingers, Aluminum Drive Shaft and Diablo Tuner

No Comparsion Mod for Mod for the money 4V FTW! :beer:

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

I love talking to people like that. I nicely and respectfully try to correct them. depending on them and the situation, I either leave, or rip into them and make them look gawd awful stupid.

It's always fun making dumbasses look dumber.

EVO-lution

Established Member
I love talking to people like that. I nicely and respectfully try to correct them. depending on them and the situation, I either leave, or rip into them and make them look gawd awful stupid.

It's always fun making dumbasses look dumber.

Yea...my friend was soooo convinced that the Mach 1 wasn't anything to gripe about. Told me I shoulda kept my 99 Cobra. I was like...wow my 99 Cobra didnt compare to the low end the Mach has.

I feel people don't know too much about the Mach is because it has GT bumpers and Most people will put the Mach 1 lip on their GT/Sixxer :shrug:
Thats why I may swap the front bumper for a 99/01 Cobra...

EVO-lution

Established Member
I was thinking about doing the same. I might just swap for a terminator decklid and spoiler, and mirrors.

Well I want to keep the stock spoiler and rear bumper. I'm gonna get the termi sidemirros and sideskirts. but i really just want to scrap the "GT" front bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread