wow...2003 GT > Mach 1?

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Yeah it's funny how many people do not know the difference between the 01 Bullitt, 03-04 Mach, 99-01 Cobra. My buddy did the 03 Cobra conversion on his 93 Fox Coupe and you should see the look on the face of the guy next to you when he drop's the hammer and that roots blower starts to scream! :)

Darkshadows

New tq abuser
Established Member
I really wanted a mach but i had to settle for the GT (still love it though) guess im gonna just have to make a mach then :D

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I really wanted a mach but i had to settle for the GT (still love it though) guess im gonna just have to make a mach then :D

Look at the bright side.....dropping a mach motor into it will give you the power of a mach at ~200# less. :beer:

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
well i ran a 13.2 in my buddys 02 gt with gears and exhaust with a crappy 2.0 60 foot

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I always get asked if its supercharged :shrug:

But that might be B/C if my electric supercharger wine :idea:
:lol:
I too have been asked if the Shaker was a blower.
yep. I'm sure alot of us have.

I've been asked if it was charged (my N/A mach), who did the work, how much did the aftermarket setup cost, Who made the rims, where did I get the shaker setup.

I've also been approached from across parking lots because they knew what it was and wanted to look it over.

70tego

Electric Green Rocks
Established Member
Yea...my friend was soooo convinced that the Mach 1 wasn't anything to gripe about. Told me I shoulda kept my 99 Cobra. I was like...wow my 99 Cobra didnt compare to the low end the Mach has.

Hi, newbie here...I'm still learning about the Cobra's & Mach
My understanding is the Termi cams are in the Mach. If I'm wrong, please let me know...I love the Mach, and I am into the 99 Electric Green Cobra color...I plan on making my own Electric Green Moc Mach...BUT I will keep all Cobra badging. Wouldn't want to confuse people:??:
Also, I've heard that Navigator cams are even more aggressive...Would that even work?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Hi, newbie here...I'm still learning about the Cobra's & Mach
My understanding is the Termi cams are in the Mach. If I'm wrong, please let me know...I love the Mach, and I am into the 99 Electric Green Cobra color...I plan on making my own Electric Green Moc Mach...BUT I will keep all Cobra badging. Wouldn't want to confuse people:??:
Also, I've heard that Navigator cams are even more aggressive...Would that even work?

YEs and no. Yes the machs have the same cams as the 03/04 cobra's.....but you heard wrong about the Nav. cams. The Nav. cams ARE the 03/04 mach/cobra cams.

70tego

Electric Green Rocks
Established Member
The Nav. cams ARE the 03/04 mach/cobra cams.

Hmmm, So What is the diff between Mach & 99 Cobra motor? And, could I re cam a 99 with above cams, if so, what is involved. And what are possible results? I thought that the 99 w/ the fix made more power than a Mach...And the Mach is stronger because of a better ring gear, 3:55 VS 3:27...99 Teksid block, 03-04 is Wap? Do both have same rotating guts? I have a billion questions about the two...

Shackleford

Established Member
:lol:

yep. I'm sure alot of us have.

I've been asked if it was charged (my N/A mach), who did the work, how much did the aftermarket setup cost, Who made the rims, where did I get the shaker setup.

I've also been approached from across parking lots because they knew what it was and wanted to look it over.
First time I took it to the track a guy driving a Firebird came up and asked how much HP it had, he seemed confused when I told him and said "that seems pretty low for having a supercharger". lol

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Hmmm, So What is the diff between Mach & 99 Cobra motor? And, could I re cam a 99 with above cams, if so, what is involved. And what are possible results? I thought that the 99 w/ the fix made more power than a Mach...And the Mach is stronger because of a better ring gear, 3:55 VS 3:27...99 Teksid block, 03-04 is Wap? Do both have same rotating guts? I have a billion questions about the two...
01 cams have different duration and are better suited for upper rpm/hp. The 03/04 cams are better designed for low - mid range TQ. Yes you can use them in your cobra. It's just a matter of if it's worth the $$. Teksid are 'traditionally' stronger blocks that WAP's. Some would disagree.

There is a thread below that list the difference between machs and 99/01 cobra's.

And no, the 99-01 cobra's dyno a tad less....however, it's fairly minimal. The difference is mostly in the low end TQ vs. the upper HP of the cobra. THe machs heads flow better, different intake, better gears and solid axle.
EDIT: here.... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537174
First time I took it to the track a guy driving a Firebird came up and asked how much HP it had, he seemed confused when I told him and said "that seems pretty low for having a supercharger". lol
lol..........now that's funny

Last edited:

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
Yea...my friend was soooo convinced that the Mach 1 wasn't anything to gripe about. Told me I shoulda kept my 99 Cobra. I was like...wow my 99 Cobra didnt compare to the low end the Mach has.

I feel people don't know too much about the Mach is because it has GT bumpers and Most people will put the Mach 1 lip on their GT/Sixxer :shrug:
Thats why I may swap the front bumper for a 99/01 Cobra...
yea the mach might have more low end than your 99 but a healthy 99 or 01 stock makes more upstairs..

tradeoff of the mach 1 cam compared to the 99 01 cobras cam

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
And no, the 99-01 cobra's dyno a tad less....

no I dont agree. My 01 with mac off road H and mac catback made 311rwhp 305rwtq those were the only mods. I have yet to see a mach 1 make those kind of #s. Most in the 280s

01s made 290s stock.

I dont think the mach 1 heads flow better either.. the heads and cam setup just makes more low end power.. the 01 cobra was more upper rpm minded and makes more there. both heads flow good just difference goals.

Last edited:

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Tell the bitch to stay in the kitchen and make ignorant comments to Martha Stewart instead of opening her mouth about something she obviously has no clue about. :thumbsup:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
no I dont agree. My 01 with mac off road H and mac catback made 311rwhp 305rwtq those were the only mods. I have yet to see a mach 1 make those kind of #s. Most in the 280s

01s made 290s stock.

I dont think the mach 1 heads flow better either.. the heads and cam setup just makes more low end power.. the 01 cobra was more upper rpm minded and makes more there. both heads flow good just difference goals.

:lol: ok buddy.

01s dyno'd 290 stock ROFLMAO....OMFG, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Thanks, I needed that.

311RWHP, with ONLY o/r Mid and CB?......:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1: WOW....you are something else.

My suggestion...think before you speak. I'd hate to make you look that stupid.
\
EDIT: REad this thread and sit down before you hurt yourself. NOT ONE cobra owner said above 280 bone stock for a cobra.....LOL
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331717&highlight=dyno&page=5

ALso, have you even seen the flow numbers between the 01 and 04 4V heads?

seriously, I understand pride in your car, and N/A cobra's are nice.....but dont' be stupid with that pride.

Last edited:

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Yeah impossible for a BONE stock GT to run 13s. The best I got out of mine was a 13.64@102 with a K&N filter, C&L plenum, UDPs pro 5.0, SLP LM1 c/b, o/r H, SFCs, and stock 3.27 gears.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
:lol: ok buddy.

01s dyno'd 290 stock ROFLMAO....OMFG, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Thanks, I needed that.

311RWHP, with ONLY o/r Mid and CB?......:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1: WOW....you are something else.

My suggestion...think before you speak. I'd hate to make you look that stupid.

EDIT: REad this thread and sit down before you hurt yourself. NOT ONE cobra owner said above 280 bone stock for a cobra.....LOL
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331717&highlight=dyno&page=5

ALso, have you even seen the flow numbers between the 01 and 04 4V heads?

seriously, I understand pride in your car, and N/A cobra's are nice.....but dont' be stupid with that pride.

actually hes not to far off sorry to break the news to u, I kno a guy with a 98 cobra with just intake exaust and tune and he put down 311rwhp

Users who are viewing this thread