WOW Super find!!!!

BlownStangGT

Established Member
I have been beating myself up trying to find some drag wheels for my car! Having cobra brakes up front I wanted 17's ,but didnt want to pay for them.......well after some minor searching summit racing is selling whats left of the greg weld 17x4.5's pro star looking wheels for $99.50 each...thats right! $100 bucks each!!!! I hope I didnt screw up, but I just ordered some!!!!!!!!

Greg Weld Motorsports 92-745342P - Greg Weld Polished Racelite Series 92 Dragstar Wheel - Overview - SummitRacing.com

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
too bad they don't have 17x9s or 17x10s for the back.

silverserpant

Established Member
Yes its a hell of a deal, I bought the last 6 chromes front runners 17x4.5. But from looking all over this site all greg weld 15 inch wheels require heavy grinding to fit the IRS due to very narrow inside diameter.

I talked to Racestar Industries yesterday and they are continueing to manufactuer the wheel in polished only so I am going to pick up there 17x9.5 to make a set.

The only thing with the front runners is tire selection only found three manufacturs. M and H has a radial and a bias ply, hoosier has a 26 inch front runner and yokohama makes a 195/40/17 street tire.

04mysticsvt

Established Member
I've been looking for some thing like this. So what size should someone get for an 04 cobra with IRS? I mean the whole grinding thing has me a bit worried?? This would be my first set of drag wheels for my car. Does anyone have pics of these on their cobra??

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Yes its a hell of a deal, I bought the last 6 chromes front runners 17x4.5. But from looking all over this site all greg weld 15 inch wheels require heavy grinding to fit the IRS due to very narrow inside diameter.

I talked to Racestar Industries yesterday and they are continueing to manufactuer the wheel in polished only so I am going to pick up there 17x9.5 to make a set.

The only thing with the front runners is tire selection only found three manufacturs. M and H has a radial and a bias ply, hoosier has a 26 inch front runner and yokohama makes a 195/40/17 street tire.

hmm.. i called them yesterday and they said they had some of the 4.5" chromes left..

and why would you need 6 4.5" front runners? lol

silverserpant

Established Member
hmm.. i called them yesterday and they said they had some of the 4.5" chromes left..

and why would you need 6 4.5" front runners? lol

How many did they have 6? I got them for members of the local forum since it means so much to ya.

hey I see the last person to leave you trader rating was me months ago, think maybe I could get some? :shrug:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
How many did they have 6? I got them for members of the local forum since it means so much to ya.

hey I see the last person to leave you trader rating was me months ago, think maybe I could get some? :shrug:

it doesnt actually "mean so much to me" .. it was just a simple question.

and sorry i never left you a trader rating.. I did a few deals around that time, and I missed you.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Here is the best price I could find on the Mcgard lug nuts $48.69 shipped for 3 sets of 4. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000COS0DS/ref=asc_df_B000COS0DS1175967?tag=the004-20&creative=395261&creativeASIN=B000COS0DS&linkCode=asn]Amazon.com: McGard 63000 Chrome Racing 1.365" Shank Style Lug Nut Set (1/2" - 20 Thread Size)…[/ame]

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I picked up a pair. I've been talking to RSI about making a 16x10 in the drag star style for us people who dont want to hack up our cars to make a 15 fit. He said they dont have plans for a 16. For now I'll just stick with my diamond racing rears............its for the strip not for a car show. I have my TF wheels for show.

Tractionless1

Established Member
You need the washers as well. Offset ones, late model resto sells 20 lugs and washers, 4 metal valve stems and 4 hubcentric rings for $62 and change

That is with washers and I only need 10 of them, but thanks for all the help.

Forcefed,
Same track setup here, I figure the 'Stars are an upgrade over running spare rim fronts with front runner tires. Especially since I can put the spare rubber back on and sell for more that I bought the 'Stars for!! :rockon:

Track2-19-10.gif

forcefedcobra

Established Member
That is with washers and I only need 10 of them, but thanks for all the help.

Forcefed,
Same track setup here, I figure the 'Stars are an upgrade over running spare rim fronts with front runner tires. Especially since I can put the spare rubber back on and sell for more that I bought the 'Stars for!! :rockon:

Track2-19-10.gif

Nice. Looks like you are running the mh biasply on the front? I picked up a pair of those for mine. I'm just torn between polishing up the stars or painting them black to match my drw's.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Yes Bias front and rear, car drove DEAD straight down the strip, and the burnout with linelock was uneventful as well. I was utterly surprised!! The stock spare rims are ugly but they did the job, dropped 50 lb. combined from the front end compared to my street shoes. I'm going to keep the Welds silver, sorta matches my rear. Not really concerned though the car may see the track twice a year.

TRBO VNM

I picked up a couple fronts and will grab the rears from race star industries at a later date. thanks for the heads up. the fronts came in yesterday. Odd that the holes are oval though.

Last edited:

silverserpant

Established Member
The oval hole is so that it fits 4.5,4.75 and 5.0 bolt patterns. Just need the offset washers for 4.5 and 5 and centered for the 4.75.

The nice part is when your done with them they fit dodge and chevy as well so it has a larger market to move them.

Users who are viewing this thread