WOW Super find!!!!

silverserpant

Established Member
I saw some where that there is also a mounting procedure. You need to place the rim on the hub and hand tighten the nut at 6 o'clock. Turn the wheel 180 degrees and repeat the star pattern till they are all hand tight. Then torque then down. That makes sure the wheel is centered properly on the hub.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
mine showed up along with the tires today. I'll try to get the tires mounted up tomorrow and will hopefully have a chance later this weekend to test fit them on the car.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
dont have time to swap the wheels onto the car for pics but I did get the tires mounted up on the new fronts. One of my rears had a slow leak so I took it in for a check. turned out to be pinholes in the sidewall so there isnt anything I can do about it other than put air in it once a week.

I'll for sure be painting the fronts black to match my drw rears. I thought about putting some elbow grease into a polish job on the fronts (because they look like crap out of the box) but I think black will look best.

c5cfd01e.jpg

2d075c06.jpg

here you can see where the tiny little pinhole leaks are in the sidewall of the slick (circled)
1b7ed887.jpg

I have to catch a train here in a bit but when I return tomorrow I'll be forced off for 72 hours thanks to the federal government. I'll get the fronts painted and throw everything on the car for some more pics. Hopefully the fronts clear my stoptech brakes (they should)........if not I bet they only need a tiny slip on spacer. The drag setup will be staying on the car for a while because I am going to be putting my TF chicanes up for sale.
P1011183.jpg

aps5.jpg

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Came out great!!

Thanks Keith:beer:

They arent perfect but.........it is a rattle can paint job on track wheels so I think they are good enough. I'll be test fitting them on the car here shortly. Hopefully I dont need a spacer to clear my stoptech calipers. If I dont need spacers I'll have some pics of the drag setup on the car this afternoon.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Thanks Keith:beer:

They arent perfect but.........it is a rattle can paint job on track wheels so I think they are good enough. I'll be test fitting them on the car here shortly. Hopefully I dont need a spacer to clear my stoptech calipers. If I dont need spacers I'll have some pics of the drag setup on the car this afternoon.

Any prep. work etc? What paint, I may match my the silver on my rears.

forcefedcobra

Established Member

ITS STOCK

Established Member
they still have some in stock guys

I got 2 of them.

btw what tire do your run on them?

I am running hooser qtp on some pony rims in the rear, and will get soe et streets once these burn down.

I want a tire that I can drive to the track and back home on.

BlownStangGT

Established Member
I am running the m&h radials up front. I took the car out the other day and did a quick blast and didnt notice any type of movement or anything up top at all. Car handles fine on the street if you drive with a brain

Here are a couple pics

38594_10100407623590944_9324988_72956907_7800510_n.jpg

39172_10100407622777574_9324988_72956875_4067888_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread