wreck ... help!

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
*correction*

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.:nonono: It was a '99, but I got it in the summer of '00, and I wrecked it in the fall of '00. I've just always refered to it as the "2000", as short lived as it was (had it for about 5 months). But you are correct, I need to change my lingo . . . nice catch :beer:

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Re: *correction*

Originally posted by Jerky
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.:nonono: It was a '99, but I got it in the summer of '00, and I wrecked it in the fall of '00. I've just always refered to it as the "2000", as short lived as it was (had it for about 5 months). But you are correct, I need to change my lingo . . . nice catch :beer:

What color was it (they were kind of limited that year)? I like the DSG the best for the 03's though! ;-)

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
It was black. I LOVED IT. I had people drving up to me and saying how pretty it was. But when I hit that curb on the gravel road, it put the whole thing down the crapper. Bent the frame and everything . . . they could never fix it completely. Ended up getting a good trade in and got a Dodge pickup . . . but I'm back and happier than ever! :beer:

SC457A

Established Member
hey coleman... saw a fresh off the convoy truck 03 yellow cobra today...

air bags need a frontal collison around the force of a 35mph collision i think

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Originally posted by MarkWanc
Coleman,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I really would doubt that you would be able to recoup any money when you file a 'diminished value' claim. I really don't think it will hold any weight as the insurance company will tell you the same crap they have told me when I had two other cars get wrecked by 2 idiot drivers that plowed into me. The insurance company will tell you that they only are responsible to get your car repaired and as you can see, they are willing to allow you $25/day for a rental...a total joke in my opinion. I could not agree with you more that these insurance companies need to be held to pay people for diminshed value, but until we all band together and write letters to our legislatures, I don't think we have a chance in hell. Good luck though and I really hope you do get some $ for not only diminished value, but for all your troubles (I also think the insurance company should be held accountable for all of your time too).

Mark

Actually, if your insurance was covering a wreck you were at fault at, that would be true. Since the other person is at fault, this falls under the "liability" section of insurance, which should be atleast $250,000 or more :) So go after them for the liability.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by svt-tmleader
You say it was a 00 but not a "R"? I guess it had to be either a 99 or a 01 because SVT/Ford only made the "R" in 00. Was it a 99?

I was trying to make that point earlier, but decided not to push it. ;-)

coleman

Established Member
I think her insurance company is already trying to play games w/ me: "there is a discrepancy... we have to verify that she actually had coverage at the time of the incident..."

if they do not contact me today, i am going to a lawyer!

they said that they would look at the car Monday & call me back yesterday. I called them to no avail. Then I called the lady in the other car and she's was very upset that her ins. company was dragging their feet. She's genuinely sorry for the whole incident and is ready to fight her own ins. company on my behalf :beer:

03trubluGT

Established Member
Originally posted by B-O-B'03
I think Middelkauf did the repair on RigorMortis's car.

It looked pretty good IMHO.

Send him a PM and ask.

-Brian

Yea, but they also put the GT rocker panel back on the car instead of noticing that it was a COBRA!!!!

I'm sorry to hear of your accident... RigorMortis told me to look up this thread tonight when I called him....

And to think it was only 26 days ago we did the dyno at Speedworks.......Geez, again, sorry to hear.....

coleman

Established Member
still waiting for the insurance company to see the car.
there is some frame damage (uni-body) to the front of the car.
won't know the extent of the damage until they get it on the frame machine.

man this sucks! :cryying:

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Chiropractor

Deep tissue massage would sure feel good right about now. :rollseyes

Ohhhh... was that my outside typing... ;-)

A's Cobra

Established Member
Coleman, I hate this whole incident is happening to you.... sounds like her insurance is already playing games.... I'd be the last to do it too, but sounds like your gonna need a lawyer. I'd be dammed if they were giving you $25 a day for rental, they should put you in a comprable car, till it's fixed.... at least go consult a lawyer.

coleman

Established Member
i'm learning quite a bit about insurance ... and Texas insurance.

i am supposedly entitled to "loss of use" compensation which normally takes the form of a rental car, but i *can* get compensated even if I don't go get a rental.

i would have liked for them to pick up a month of my car payment, but that wouldn't be fair cuz they would be paying my interest rate & paying for some of my car.

the estimator said he would look at my car tomorrow. then i'll know if i need to hit the ceiling or not.

i just spoke with stan03 as well. i may be taking measures to get a new cobra regardless of how this turns out ... maybe stan03 will help with getting all my aftermarket stuff moved over to my new cobra & replace mine back to stock.

i may lose my computer chip burn -- different computer code
so much for my tint :(
"eaton inside" stickers would be lost -- but easy to replace

coleman

Established Member
so, i may have my car back as early as Monday next: April 14th.

i have no idea what exactly i should check for in the way of quality repair: paint, welding, chassis, etc...

but, i've also been dreaming of (among other things :lol1: ) a white '03 vert... maybe i'll trade my wreck in on a white '03 vert.

i thought a yellow car would help be stay out of wrecks (that weren't my fault) but i guess i was all wrong!

B-O-B'03 ... what do you think? you've got a black vert. i might end up with a white one ... if all goes well :)

lifter213

Established Member
ohhh a white vert would be sweet! Even sweeter with a KB under the hood though. Good luck with everything. :beer:

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Coleman...I have a white vert and love it!!! I think it is a GREAT idea.

I think I would have to trade mine off too if it took that kind of damage, no matter how good the repair seems, I don't think it will ever be the same. Now, I can't back that up with facts obviously, but that's the way I feel about it.

Good luck and if you are ever near Georgetown (Austin) look me up.

TruBlu03

Make sure they check for and calculate mechanical damage too! Remember, YOU must be satisfied with the vehicle after repair. There (Insurance Co) client fugged up, you pay NOTHING! No depreciation of value or other hose pucky! Check with a lawyer to see where you stand. In my experience they almost never fully diagnose or correct mechnical issues. Engine mounts could be screwed, contol arms, bushings damn near everything in/around and under the enigne bay could have damage including internal engine componets. I had an 84 Z28 that got stollen when I was in boot camp, got repaired and was the biggest piece of sht thereafter, I was and am still heart broken over it. I was so broke at the time I had to trade it in on a YUGO of all things. Do NOT settle, make damn sure they fix your car as close as humanly possible to it's original condition! I would consult a lawyer to find out what your rights are and what you/insurance company can and can't do. You can bet your ass the insurance company knows. Replace all parts with OEM as someone else stated. I would have the engine pulled and everything checked out. I would have all repair work done at the dealer and body/paint work at the best body shop you can find.

I sure hope you can be made right again.

Users who are viewing this thread