Wrecked car help

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Once I knew my truck was totaled I told the insurance company that I planned to replace all aftermarket parts with stock parts. I did this at the tow lot. I had to replace all parts with the stock parts.

Pretty cool they let you swap those parts out

dannyf

Established Member
Thanks for the input everyone. Looking like they are just going to repair my car I lucked out and was able to get it slowed down real good before hitting the tree line. I would have kept it on the road but my tierod broke as soon as he me. Depsite what people are saying there was no racing his official statement is that he changed lanes without looking and hit me. Accidents do happen and every now and then it just happens to be two sports cars that are involved. uploadfromtaptalk1397007458676.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397007474299.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397007495514.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397007511985.jpg

hitmix300

Established Member
Thanks for the input everyone. Looking like they are just going to repair my car I lucked out and was able to get it slowed down real good before hitting the tree line. I would have kept it on the road but my tierod broke as soon as he me. Depsite what people are saying there was no racing his official statement is that he changed lanes without looking and hit me. Accidents do happen and every now and then it just happens to be two sports cars that are involved. View attachment 12177View attachment 12178View attachment 12179View attachment 12180

Ur car doesn't look to bad man I'm glad to see it's working out your way. The most important thing is that your safe..

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I would agree glad your safe and everything worked out.

But damn how in the hell did the Vette get so jacked up like that - WOW

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Thanks for the input everyone. Looking like they are just going to repair my car I lucked out and was able to get it slowed down real good before hitting the tree line. I would have kept it on the road but my tierod broke as soon as he me. Depsite what people are saying there was no racing his official statement is that he changed lanes without looking and hit me. Accidents do happen and every now and then it just happens to be two sports cars that are involved. View attachment 12177View attachment 12178View attachment 12179View attachment 12180
I had to LOL at that first pic, your Mustang has Vette in its teeth.

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
Damn that Zo6 got smurfed up pretty bad! That model year just has two standard front airbags no?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Correct, just driver and passenger SRS... no side impact airbags etc..

The C5Z is tougher than it looks, fully boxed frame rails front to back, a convertible body tub is actually used for fixed roof coupes, taller bulkhead just behind the driver seat, bubble roof fastened/glued on... A friend of mine lost control of his 01 C5Z and hit a culvert, the car looked horrendous. I believe the bill came out to 18,000 in repairs, insurance paid for it, of course this was in 04/05 and value of the car was much higher then.

dannyf

Established Member
Yea the Z got the worst of it, he basically pit manuevered himself into the concrete revine at highway speed. Besides for all the fiberglass coming off; the car held up pretty good, though if he had a passenger they probably would have been severely injured or killed. I got lucky, when he hit me the passengers side tierod broke instantly and the hit put me into the grass, I was able to get it slowed down enough so that when I finally hit the trees I was doing about 15-20 and the airbags didnt even go off. I looked at the car yesterday and everything looks straight, should just need new fenders, bumper, hood, wheels and DS door. The tie rod seemed to be a clean break and the control arm tabs and everything dont seem to have any stress cracks but we will see once the shop gets to look at it.

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
Vette is all plastic! Lol
Glad to hear you are ok, and the car doesn't seem too bad at all. Make sure to upgrade all the broken parts :-D

Users who are viewing this thread