WTB 03 04 Cobra Swapped Fox Body

jdl1000

Established Member
Stop filling my thread with your nonsense about how much you think your car is worth. No one will ever pay $25K for a Mod Fox unless its some spoiled rich brat. Anyone with a brain knows more than well the car isn't worth any figure close to $25K. Yes, I UNDERSTAND it has a lot of sentimental value to YOU, but to me it has none. It's a car. I understand when you don't purchase a donor there will be an extreme cost to build it right. Hence why I will buy either an already swapped mod fox or I'll buy the donor and put it in one of my own fox's I currently own. If your ever in Northern Virginia, please feel free to stop by my garage and take a look at the cars I've built, then tell me I'm naive about cost...

You contradicted yourself in your post? One second your saying how cheap you could build one of these cars. Then you say your looking for one already built because you know of the extreme cost to build it right.

As far as any cars worth, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. In my opinion a 67 Shelby GT500 is not worth 200K but they sell for that money all the time, WHY? Just because YOU feel the car is not worth the money doesn't mean other people agree with you.

Don't puss out and buy a completed car now that you've said your a builder and you can build this car cheap. Build one! Show all of us that have built these cars were wrong.

The reason why you need to find one already built is like you said there is an extreme cost to build it right. That "extreme cost" is what pushes the prices up on these cars. Simple math. If your looking to buy one of these cars for under the 13k you'll be waiting a while, unless your lucky and find someone giving one away. But thats probably what your looking for. Like I said your naive and my time is worth too much to argue with you.

And about filling your thread with nonsense you already took care of that.:-D

Last edited:

MIKEC501

Established Member
Yes MIKEC501 you know all about the cost involved in building a custom car, being that you bought yours swapped already. Well said...

I will admit I did not have the time or the know how to do a swap like this but I did have the money to buy one already done. it seems like you don't have either.so keep looking and maybe you will find yourself a nice 5.0 in your price range.:thumbsup:

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
If any of you can buy a car that traps in the mid 130's and low 140's for 12-16k let me know because I will be all over that!!!!

That's funny because I sold my turbo notch for 16k that would trap in the 150's leaving on the foot brake - no boost until the 60ft. Still had everything except a/c, heat, drove it to and from the track on the freeway.... and cruised it with my kids. Nothing could touch me on the street.... but I forgot Termi's & Termi swapped cars are king lmao

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...otchback-363ci-turbo-c-4-man-o-war-block.html

Last edited:

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
I will admit I did not have the time or the know how to do a swap like this but I did have the money to buy one already done. it seems like you don't have either.so keep looking and maybe you will find yourself a nice 5.0 in your price range.:thumbsup:

Mike, lack of funds aren't the issue with me buddy. It's justify paying the cost for a Mod Fox that someone is asking $20K for, when I can buy another true 03'/04' Cobra that will always hold value. But thanks for your concern.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
You contradicted yourself in your post? One second your saying how cheap you could build one of these cars. Then you say your looking for one already built because you know of the extreme cost to build it right.

As far as any cars worth, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. In my opinion a 67 Shelby GT500 is not worth 200K but they sell for that money all the time, WHY? Just because YOU feel the car is not worth the money doesn't mean other people agree with you.

Don't puss out and buy a completed car now that you've said your a builder and you can build this car cheap. Build one! Show all of us that have built these cars were wrong.

The reason why you need to find one already built is like you said there is an extreme cost to build it right. That "extreme cost" is what pushes the prices up on these cars. Simple math. If your looking to buy one of these cars for under the 13k you'll be waiting a while, unless your lucky and find someone giving one away. But thats probably what your looking for. Like I said your naive and my time is worth too much to argue with you.

And about filling your thread with nonsense you already took care of that.:-D

No contradiction, maybe a little twisting of words on your part. I never said that they're extreme cost to build, nor did I ever say they're super cheap to build. I agree if you buy bits and pieces for the whole swap, yes that may cost a good penny. I have no intentions on buying bits and pieces, I would buy a complete wrecked donor.

This thread wasn't started to prove anyone wrong, right. I was looking for a Mod/Fox. There were few responses, and those who did respond were asking TOP dollar for their rides. There's nothing wrong with that, ask $100K for all I care. But don't continue posting, ranting, crying because I think your asking price is an out of the ball park figure and I'm not interested.

You are and have been providing me with a great deal of humor. Everyone whose bought an Mod/Fox chiming in, agreeing with you but not knowing what they're agreeing about. Your twisting of the words. Getting your FL gals calling me names :cuss: I'm well aware you did your swap. You started off 2v, then 04' then built 04'. Yes, there's a great deal of money tied up in your builds, no doubt about it. But there is a revolving balance with your build. You didn't just do it once, I've read your build posts, you lost track of any money invested, true or not, I can't blame for wanting to forget. If you were to buy a clean roller fox, then a wrecked donor, then your little nic nacs, you honestly don't think this could be had for <16K? I understand it's not going to be a flawless, blocked, 3 stage paint job show car roller. But I am a firm believer that it can be had. Again, If I don't find a Mod/Fox for sale realistic priced, I will build one, period. Now I know your going to have to come back with something to say it's the internet and that's all you have been doing, call me naive, it seems to be working.

bossman302

Banned
Stop filling my thread with your nonsense about how much you think your car is worth. No one will ever pay $25K for a Mod Fox unless its some spoiled rich brat. Anyone with a brain knows more than well the car isn't worth any figure close to $25K. Yes, I UNDERSTAND it has a lot of sentimental value to YOU, but to me it has none. It's a car. I understand when you don't purchase a donor there will be an extreme cost to build it right. Hence why I will buy either an already swapped mod fox or I'll buy the donor and put it in one of my own fox's I currently own. If your ever in Northern Virginia, please feel free to stop by my garage and take a look at the cars I've built, then tell me I'm naive about cost...

If Im not wrong, I heard the Mystic 93 Cobra with Full conversion sold for Close to 30K 3 Times. You may want to try to buil one before you tell people how cheap it is. Even if you bought a full Wreck for 9K, you still have to pay someone to do the swap.

If you have a decent 5.0 car, you can sell those parts off and recoupe some funds. It's no as easy as it sounds to me. Looks like a lot of work.

jdl1000

Established Member
No contradiction, maybe a little twisting of words on your part. I never said that they're extreme cost to build, nor did I ever say they're super cheap to build. I agree if you buy bits and pieces for the whole swap, yes that may cost a good penny. I have no intentions on buying bits and pieces, I would buy a complete wrecked donor.

This thread wasn't started to prove anyone wrong, right. I was looking for a Mod/Fox. There were few responses, and those who did respond were asking TOP dollar for their rides. There's nothing wrong with that, ask $100K for all I care. But don't continue posting, ranting, crying because I think your asking price is an out of the ball park figure and I'm not interested.

You are and have been providing me with a great deal of humor. Everyone whose bought an Mod/Fox chiming in, agreeing with you but not knowing what they're agreeing about. Your twisting of the words. Getting your FL gals calling me names :cuss: I'm well aware you did your swap. You started off 2v, then 04' then built 04'. Yes, there's a great deal of money tied up in your builds, no doubt about it. But there is a revolving balance with your build. You didn't just do it once, I've read your build posts, you lost track of any money invested, true or not, I can't blame for wanting to forget. If you were to buy a clean roller fox, then a wrecked donor, then your little nic nacs, you honestly don't think this could be had for <16K? I understand it's not going to be a flawless, blocked, 3 stage paint job show car roller. But I am a firm believer that it can be had. Again, If I don't find a Mod/Fox for sale realistic priced, I will build one, period. Now I know your going to have to come back with something to say it's the internet and that's all you have been doing, call me naive, it seems to be working.

Ok I'm going to try to help you in this post.

Listen, I'm not having anyone call you names. Theres only one of these people posting from Florida that I've ever spoken too, and you were not part of the conversation. Now that we have that cleared up.

Let me tell you a little as to why people that build these cars don't want to sell them cheap. And why people that have seriously looked into this build try to buy one already done.

If you are looking to do a swap with all stock parts than yes I believe for around 16k you can buy a roller (depending on condition)and a wreck(depending if your able to use all the parts) and you can build a car out of the two. But keep in mind there is not enough left over for any labor costs with a 16k build. And once you drive this build there will be stuff that you will need and want to change (which all cost money).

When you start buying all the extras it starts to get very expensive.
Like on my car and this is defiantly not all the costs, this is just some of the big costs.
Whipple supercharger 3400+
Throttle body- 300+
Heat exchanger 350
New fuel system to support this 1600+
Custom built aluminum engine 10000+
Clutch 650+
Rear end up grade 1200+
Roll cage 800
This stuff you will need even with the 16k build.
You will need shocks 600+
Unless your going to half ass the build you will need a tubular k-member 650
Your going to need a tune and a chip to turn off the pats 350+

With my car I'm at that 16K for the roller and wreck plus another 19K+ and thats not everything. Thats why most people will not want to let these cars go for 11-14K.

Now do I think I'll ever get the 35K+ I have in the car back? NO!
But do you think I should sell it for 11-14K? So I'll tell you again, my car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I could have sold it for 25k a few times over now but I like the car too much to take that big of a loss on it. I've also had people with low mileage 03-04 Cobras try to trade even for it. I respect your opinion about how much you think you should pay for one.(Thats your opinion.) But you offended people when you tried to tell them what their car was worth. Especially being you have never built one yourself. Theres not a lot of these builds around so theres no way to gauge what these builds are truly worth. So they are worth what someone is willing to pay.

Good luck with your search or your build. :beer:

L

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Ok I'm going to try to help you in this post.

Listen, I'm not having anyone call you names. Theres only one of these people posting from Florida that I've ever spoken too, and you were not part of the conversation. Now that we have that cleared up.

Let me tell you a little as to why people that build these cars don't want to sell them cheap. And why people that have seriously looked into this build try to buy one already done.

If you are looking to do a swap with all stock parts than yes I believe for around 16k you can buy a roller (depending on condition)and a wreck(depending if your able to use all the parts) and you can build a car out of the two. But keep in mind there is not enough left over for any labor costs with a 16k build. And once you drive this build there will be stuff that you will need and want to change (which all cost money).

When you start buying all the extras it starts to get very expensive.
Like on my car and this is defiantly not all the costs, this is just some of the big costs.
Whipple supercharger 3400+
Throttle body- 300+
Heat exchanger 350
New fuel system to support this 1600+
Custom built aluminum engine 10000+
Clutch 650+
Rear end up grade 1200+
Roll cage 800
This stuff you will need even with the 16k build.
You will need shocks 600+
Unless your going to half ass the build you will need a tubular k-member 650
Your going to need a tune and a chip to turn off the pats 350+

With my car I'm at that 16K for the roller and wreck plus another 19K+ and thats not everything. Thats why most people will not want to let these cars go for 11-14K.

Now do I think I'll ever get the 35K+ I have in the car back? NO!
But do you think I should sell it for 11-14K? So I'll tell you again, my car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I could have sold it for 25k a few times over now but I like the car too much to take that big of a loss on it. I've also had people with low mileage 03-04 Cobras try to trade even for it. I respect your opinion about how much you think you should pay for one.(Thats your opinion.) But you offended people when you tried to tell them what their car was worth. Especially being you have never built one yourself. Theres not a lot of these builds around so theres no way to gauge what these builds are truly worth. So they are worth what someone is willing to pay.

Good luck with your search or your build. :beer:

L

I gotta agree. One of these cars could be built for about 16K maybe even 13K depending on what deals you can find, but if you want a KB or Whipple that can reliably handle the power, your getting into a LOT of $$. Honestly A car as clean as yours, with the mods your has, i would happily pay $20-25K for IF I had the cash. Op, it doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks, you'll eventually find a car in your price range, it just may take a while. GL with your search.

Jfoster

Established Member
it may be worth that to you but not to a buyer who can build it for less.

If you've ever done a major swap like this, you should know that people buy these cars because they could NOT build it for less. Modular swaps done right, with a nice car, are money pits. To say it could be done for less than $11k is a dream unless you buy some serious junk parts. It doesn't matter much what kind of car you "could" buy for that much money - if you want a modular fox, that's what you want.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
It's unbelievable how many people don't understand how much time and work that goes into these swap cars.

I've got mine discounted CHEAP, you can't even buy the motor,trans,blower,fuel system for what I am asking for a complete, running, tuned over 500rw car.

But so many people still want to haggle and lowball without completely understanding the amount of work and the capability of what these cars are. It really dumbfounds me how many people have no clue what they are looking at. I had a dreamer yesterday who wanted the car, but he was SO clueless, I was having to talk to his friend on the phone who was familiar with Stangs. Then, he wanted to go to a shop near by that could look and identify it was actually a 03 Cobra motor (yes, he was THAT ignorant) and we pull up to a restoration shop of old muscle cars. I couldn't believe it. These old guys had no clue what they were looking at. The shop was just trying to hustle some more work out of this guy! lol.

These cars are not easy, not cheap, but many people do it because the cars are THAT MUCH FUN to drive. The motors are near bulletproof to 1000hp, the torque around town is just ridiculous and hearing that blower scream is priceless. :D

Last edited:

Jfoster

Established Member
$15k and he describes the car as missing interior pieces, paint in bad shape and needs a complete new suspension. I wouldn't consider this in the same ballpark as one that was done correctly and was complete.

Runs hot, crank pulley wobbles, stock engine, stock tranny, manual brakes, body is rough, interior parts missing, suspension needs to be completely redone...and he still has $15k in it. Props to the seller for explaining some of the issues - but this is a good example of how much work and money it takes to make a truly nice mod fox.

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
The cars has stock 5.0l 8.8 rear end with stock upper/lowers. Front suspensions is complete AJE coilover set up, paint is spray can flat black, interior is missing plastics etc, leather seats out of an LSC. The swap is still complete, motor/trans etc with fast xfi etc - you guys act like these swaps are worth gold lol

OP - he is looking for quick cash I'm willing to bet you could get it for less!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread