WTB: CO Cobra Coupe

blackedout06

Established Member
Hi guys,
A few weeks ago I finally sold my 2006 Mustang GT after trying for the past few months and now I am in the market for a competition orange terminator.

Heres what I am looking for:
-2004 CO Cobra COUPE ONLY
-Under 40K miles
-Must be a 6 Speed
-Whipple or Kenne Bell is plus but not a deal breaker (no turbos)
-No SRA

I know what these cars go for and what I am willing to spend will obviously change with what kind of mods the car has on it.

Also I know what I am looking for is hard to come by, so thats why I am starting the search now. I am willing to travel or have it shipped if need be, but I live in MA so anything local would be great. I just started a new job last week and it's now winter time here so I am not really in a rush to buy yet. If the perfect car does become available I am ready to make a purchase though. If you have what I am looking for and have it for sale or thinking of selling it in the near future please shoot me a PM with all the details.

Last edited:

blackedout06

Established Member
If I had to throw a number out there it would be in the mid 20's. I know finding a Whipple or KB one is a long shot for that price, but I put that in there anyways.

Comp281

Established Member
Good luck with your search. Be patient and the right car will eventually come up. I saw two low mileage CO coupes come up for sale during the two years I was searching (I was looking for 10k miles or less). The first had 5600 miles and I made an offer but the car sold to the first person that responded to the posting. A year later my car popped up on this site with 9400 miles and I made an aggressive offer that was accepted. Higher mileage will make it a bit easier to find. My advice is to have cash in hand and respond to the posting quickly. You should be able to find one more quickly with this posted up. Someone will come out of the woodwork.

blackedout06

Established Member
Good luck man. I searched for over a year before I found mine and I really had to pay up for it.
Thanks, is the car you bought Marc old car? Either way very nice CO cobra!
Good luck with your search. Be patient and the right car will eventually come up. I saw two low mileage CO coupes come up for sale during the two years I was searching (I was looking for 10k miles or less). The first had 5600 miles and I made an offer but the car sold to the first person that responded to the posting. A year later my car popped up on this site with 9400 miles and I made an aggressive offer that was accepted. Higher mileage will make it a bit easier to find. My advice is to have cash in hand and respond to the posting quickly. You should be able to find one more quickly with this posted up. Someone will come out of the woodwork.
Thanks! I have a good chunk of cash saved away since I sold my car, so I am ready to go. Ive been lurking around here for a while now and have not seen many either...fingers crossed one pops up.

vitmncya

Established Member
well good luck with finding one i looked for 2 yrs before i came across mine with only 18k hard to find with low miles and not crashes or beat to death and not smoked it if i decide to sell mine ill let ya know

blackedout06

Established Member
well good luck with finding one i looked for 2 yrs before i came across mine with only 18k hard to find with low miles and not crashes or beat to death and not smoked it if i decide to sell mine ill let ya know
Thanks, I dont mind waiting a little while for a nice clean car and please send a PM my way if you ever think of letting yours go :beer:

blackedout06

Established Member
Here is a couple that quick search on Autotrader for some:
Find Your Car: Ford Mustang Listings Near Muncie, IN 47303 - AutoTrader.com
Thanks for posting the link! I searched autotrader the other day but I must have been doing something wrong because I didnt see all of those.
Goodluck on your search! Took me a year to find mine, was well worth it though!
Thanks, your car looks sharp in your sig...the orange on black combo is real nice!

mach14604

Established Member
I bought mine with 27,000 miles for a little over $25000. They are out there. I had a WTB post in July and had someone PM in October. It fell into my lap more or less. But I acted quicker than I did on the other two I found this summer. Good Luck! They are hard to walk away from when you see them in person.

Last edited:

blackedout06

Established Member
I bought mine with 27,000 miles for a little over $25000. They are out there. I had a WTB post in July and had someone PM in October. It fell into my lap more or less. But I acted quicker than I did on the other two I found this summer. Good Luck! They are hard to walk away from when you see them in person.
Thanks, what kind of mods came on the car for that price? I figured it would take a few months for one to come along so thats why I put this ad up now. Ideally id like to buy one closer to the end of winter but I am ready to pull the trigger at any point if need be.

paydirt

Established Member
Just bought a competition orange cobra at the end of October, it was on craigslist in Dallas, TX. Had 35k on it and I got it for $24,000. Came with a KB 2.6 installed and a borla cat back. So yes they are out there!! You'll find the exact one your looking for when the time is right. Hopefully it will be someone who isn't on this website, maybe they won't realize they are selling a unicorn haha. The guy I bought it from did not realize the cars desirability.

blackedout06

Established Member
Just bought a competition orange cobra at the end of October, it was on craigslist in Dallas, TX. Had 35k on it and I got it for $24,000. Came with a KB 2.6 installed and a borla cat back. So yes they are out there!! You'll find the exact one your looking for when the time is right. Hopefully it will be someone who isn't on this website, maybe they won't realize they are selling a unicorn haha. The guy I bought it from did not realize the cars desirability.
wow thats the kind of deal I am looking for! I search craigslist every day for cobra's in general to see whats out there local to me and there is not much. I wish I had sold my car a few months earlier since there was a CO cobra with a KB2.2 and 15K miles for $25,500 obo only 15 minutes from me! The guy posted it on here with a half assed FS thread and everyone ripped him a new one since it seemed sketchy. I figured he was legit even though he came off as an ass in the thread since I recognized the buildings in the background of the photos. In the end I wrote down his info knowing I wanted one in a few months and now he isn't responding to my emails...go figure! It's killing me knowing there is a CO Cobra sitting in a storage unit 15 minutes away :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread