WTB GT500 for $25,000

Dragu1a

Established Member
Ahh thank you wise one.

you're welcome.

honestly, a salvage title is fine if you plan on keeping the car forever and driving it into the ground. doesn't matter. car looks good, drives good...all is well.

but if you think you're going to be able to sell it for anywhere near a clean titled car(no matter how clean and well repaired your car is), you're terribly mistaken.

todd383

Established Member
man i cant even get rid of my shelby for $30,000 and its never been in an accident. and has over 5 grand on mods!:shrug:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Ya I agree! Don't buy a salvage title.... I heard once you do the car gods automatically stamp SALVAGE to your forehead and all your buddies will know you bought a car with some prior damage....

Well... That might be taking it a little far

Poppacapp

Established Member
Ya I agree! Don't buy a salvage title.... I heard once you do the car gods automatically stamp SALVAGE to your forehead and all your buddies will know you bought a car with some prior damage....

Bought a salvage car I take it??

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
I've seen quite a few in the 25k range. You just gotta look around. SVTP they're gonna be higher because people know what they're worth on here. Craigslist always has some good finds.

cjb08

Established Member
I'm in the auto body repair business and salvage can be a good option (for some people). You guys go wreck that new shelby that cost 60k and think that your ins company (or someone else's) is going to write you a check for a new one are fooling yourself. As long as the repairs are less than 75% of the car value the ins company can repair the car. Not much difference between a prior salvage fixed car and the one that got rear ended and cost 20-25k to fix with no salvage title. So what do you all do when that old lady pulls out in front of you and causes 15,000 dollars damage to your brand new shelby? My point is.... the key factor here is to find a very good repair shop that can fix the car properly (salvage or not) and 9 times out of 10 that won't be your local ford dealer.

cjb08

Established Member
Also, to add. I was looking and bidding on newer Shelby's recently on the insurance auctions and I've seen 2 2011 and 1 2012 sell for the 25k range and these were wrecked( still need fixed). They were all three low mileage cars, but would require another 5-10k in parts plus labor. I didn't think it was worth it at thAt price point, but obviously other people did.

gt500shopping

Established Member
Also, to add. I was looking and bidding on newer Shelby's recently on the insurance auctions and I've seen 2 2011 and 1 2012 sell for the 25k range and these were wrecked( still need fixed). They were all three low mileage cars, but would require another 5-10k in parts plus labor. I didn't think it was worth it at thAt price point, but obviously other people did.

Body damage is one thing, but what about engine damage/frame/etc?

SVTFOREVER2008

Established Member
Body damage is one thing, but what about engine damage/frame/etc?

Or such as a flood car, has water been sitting in the car and there is mold under the carpet or corrosion in the wire harnesses, control modules or who knows, its been totaled for a reason. I say keep looking, I bought my 2008 with lights/nav with 7200 miles, one owner, clean carfax for $31,900 last july and was in perfect condition. Just need to be in the right place in the right time. The place that had my car only had it for 2 days before I bought it.

phil h

Established Member
I'm in the auto body repair business and salvage can be a good option (for some people). You guys go wreck that new shelby that cost 60k and think that your ins company (or someone else's) is going to write you a check for a new one are fooling yourself. As long as the repairs are less than 75% of the car value the ins company can repair the car. Not much difference between a prior salvage fixed car and the one that got rear ended and cost 20-25k to fix with no salvage title. So what do you all do when that old lady pulls out in front of you and causes 15,000 dollars damage to your brand new shelby? My point is.... the key factor here is to find a very good repair shop that can fix the car properly (salvage or not) and 9 times out of 10 that won't be your local ford dealer.

Finally, someone that is educated and knows the real story with salvage vehicles. I have bought, fixed, and sold many mustangs, camaros, and firebirds over the last 20 years that were salvage cars. Bottom line is, you pay less for it, and you sell it for less. I always targeted low retail and or loan value and sold them easily. I have seen my fair share of "clean title" cars with supposedly just a minor fender bender and i could tell that the damage was way more than what was reported. I have always been able to get loans for them and insurance was a breeze to get too. Bottom line, do your homework and you can own a shelby for a very reasonable price.

mike.b

Established Member
You could get a nice low mileage 03/04 for 25k....GT500 is probably gonna run you 35k for a nicer one with a lot of miles on it.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You could get a nice low mileage 03/04 for 25k....GT500 is probably gonna run you 35k for a nicer one with a lot of miles on it.

Huh?

You can buy 07-09 GT500s for 28-35k with less than 30k miles on them.

Maybe a 10 or 11 with 50k for $35k

Users who are viewing this thread