WTB GT500 for $25,000

m_srt4

Established Member
I have been pre-approved for $25,000 and would like to find a GT500, if you find one for sale anywhere within the United States I will travel, the closer to Ohio the better though.

call or text
567-674-4738

Thanks

Matt

angelofrat42

Established Member
i hate to say it my friend but with that price range you really would only be able to find a salvage title gt500. The absolutely lowest ive seen a clean title gt500 was for around 27k and it had a lot of miles on it and the seller was desperate. Regardless, good luck!

slingshot

Established Member
Try to save up a few thousand $$$ and add to that $25k... You can find some very nice '07-09 GT500's for high $20's. Have seen a few sell for $25k but they were salvage title or had high miles. It is well worth it to spend $3-4k more and get a no excuses low mile Shelby.

Defknotzero

Established Member
I have not seen one for anywhere near the 20's. All the ones that I have seen in my area have been mid 30's.

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
If you stick to your guns, you can find a decent 07-08 GT500 with average miles for around 25-27k. And no, not salvage ones either. It takes some time to find them, but they're out there. I had 2 opportunities to buy one at that the price point, but went the Terminator route instead.

There is a HUGE difference in what people are asking for their Shelby's and what they are getting!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
If you've been pre-approved for $25k shouldn't you be looking for a car for $30k?

You know- 20% down- loan for $25k?

That would open up your options

m_srt4

Established Member
Thanks for all the post guys..i have seen 2 sell for 25k but by the time i find them they are already sold. I also seen the red one on here for 26k with 1500 miles but it has been in a flood and my bank is funny about loaning out money on a salvage car.

either way thanks, ill keep looking

matt

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Just a note. No bank will give a loan out on a salvage titled car.

Hate to tell you this. Cause I think it's stupid. But as long as you put half of the value down- there are banks that will finance them. I have an old client who started buying salvage cars and repairing them and sell them. Has two banks that will finance them. Crazy

Poppacapp

Established Member
Hate to tell you this. Cause I think it's stupid. But as long as you put half of the value down- there are banks that will finance them. I have an old client who started buying salvage cars and repairing them and sell them. Has two banks that will finance them. Crazy

Wow.. I guess if the bank's risk factor is alot less then I could see it. I would definitely not want to finance a salvage vehicle.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
I'd definately not want to buy a salvage vehicle

Why not? If they are fixed properly then where is the issue? And many credit unions and some banks have no problem financing a salvage vehicle. That is not opinion, that is a fact. Good luck looking though man, there is a grey one on eBay now for 23k opening bid no reserve with 36k miles and modded. , my Shelby is as nice or nicer than a clean title one.

Dragu1a

Established Member
Why not? If they are fixed properly then where is the issue? And many credit unions and some banks have no problem financing a salvage vehicle. That is not opinion, that is a fact. Good luck looking though man, there is a grey one on eBay now for 23k opening bid no reserve with 36k miles and modded. , my Shelby is as nice or nicer than a clean title one.

see below.

Because I actually care about resale.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
see below.

Ahh thank you wise one....and who cares, these big bricks bottom out at 20k and are close to their rock bottom/bottoming out. These will do the same shuffle the 03/04 cobras did and will settle in the 20k range. People will pay for the nice ones and the middle of the road ones will be within a few grand of each other. It will eventually get there. But ok no problemo

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Ahh thank you wise one....and who cares, these big bricks bottom out at 20k and are close to their rock bottom/bottoming out. These will do the same shuffle the 03/04 cobras did and will settle in the 20k range. People will pay for the nice ones and the middle of the road ones will be within a few grand of each other. It will eventually get there. But ok no problemo

I honestly have no clue what any of this meant. Or what it has to do with what a salvage title car is worth.

Edit: Ahhh I see now you own the salvage car in question
Plain and simple a salvage title car is never worth more than 60% of a clean title car. The market of people who will buy one is extremely small. Insurance companies are weird about insuring them. Most banks will only finance a small amount, if any of them.

It is what it is.

Last edited:

Greasy7stang

Established Member
Ya stay far away from a salvage title if ur feeding our 25-30k.....I know myself and a lot of other people wouldn't even consider buying 1 if you hd it for sale....it's a huge turn off in my opinion.....save up 7k more and pm me lol

Users who are viewing this thread