WTB in midwest around Quad Cities.

Hilgy_in_IA

Established Member
Looking for a Cobra in the IA/IL region where I can drive to look at and hopefully purchase. Anybody out there got something?

kccobra1

Established Member
that has 21k on it my ass. That thing looks like it has beat to death. Look at the rust inside the wheels! wow

Last edited:

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Got an 04 black coupe.
13,200 miles
2.3 whipple
Supporting mods
FTBR IRS kit
14" brembos
Bunches of other stuff

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Im in davenport and have a 2.6 kenne bell with built trans and lethal fuel system for sale as soon as i get it back from getting tuned.. its a 04 black with h black suede interior...

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Why do you need pics when you can just come look at it if your in the area? I wont have it back till later in week when i have time to pick the car up. just dropped it off with the tuner.

kccobra1

Established Member
Who ever got that O/W cobra on ebay I would check the odometer back. That had to have been changed by someone or it was drove 2 miles to work for year round. Still cant believe how rusty the rims and everything looked.

Last edited:

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Are you stupid.. I owned that car. Rusty wheels.. Aluminum dont rust and they were not the original wheels for the car and yes it did have 21k miles.

kccobra1

Established Member
Are you stupid.. I owned that car. Rusty wheels.. Aluminum dont rust and they were not the original wheels for the car and yes it did have 21k miles.

Wow, touchy I see, I had no idea but I still think that the O/D was changed or just was parked outside year round. Was that one of the cars you bought at the salvage auctions? I think most people know aluminum doesnt rust, but thanks for the excellent lesson on AI13.

What I am saying for 21k miles, it doesnt present its self as such.

Last edited:

TVS VERT

Established Member
Wow, touchy I see, I had no idea but I still think that the O/D was changed or just was parked outside year round. Was that one of the cars you bought at the salvage auctions? I think most people know aluminum doesnt rust, but thanks for the excellent lesson on AI13.

What I am saying for 21k miles, it doesnt present its self as such.

Giving out buying tips on cobras???? Didnt you just pay top dollar for a lemon on here? Not to jab the knife in further im sorry for your experience, but Erik (SONICSALEEN) is one of the most up front people in this business, if he says something you can take it to the bank....Very few of those people left IMO.

kccobra1

Established Member
Giving out buying tips on cobras???? Didnt you just pay top dollar for a lemon on here? Not to jab the knife in further im sorry for your experience, but Erik (SONICSALEEN) is one of the most up front people in this business, if he says something you can take it to the bank....Very few of those people left IMO.

This makes my point even more valid. I wont buy a car off here sight unseen and if it doesnt look or feel right, run.

stang_four_life

Established Member
Not saying your wheels were rusty and you are correct about aluminum doesnt rust but the additives they use to make the wheels might. Just saying I worked in an aluminum factory and plenty of aluminum made products will rust because of the additives

Spray2play

Established Member
'03 Redfire/Parchment/Parchent. One of 196 color combo, cars is mechanically unolested and all stock never beaten or abused. Car is extra clean and only having 20,800 miles. Car is a Kenny Brown chassis car with all the items along with the pieces available to protect and improve the IRS were installed in the first year. Factory alarm, CDC sequential tails and hood struts, Steeda shifter, quadrant, firewall adjuster, and tinted windows are all that's been added. The price is $21,500 as described. I also have acquired these parts that I will offer to the buyer at additional cost. Bassani SS X-pipe w/ cats, Magnaflow SS catback, Mac Straightshot cold air with mass air, Diablo Predator tuner, 3.10 pulley, and an ACT SFI cert Twin Disc Clutch/flywheel. The car is located in Frankfort Il. I-80 and I-57. I can be reached at 815-690-2128, Thanks, J.R. Morgan

Users who are viewing this thread