WTS: 2004 Cobra TT Low Mileage 700+rwhp

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
The turbos are Magnum power (replacement for master power) turbos..
They are CAST WHEEL.. We replaced the turbos with exact replacements since the turbos that came in the kit were completely shot.. Curtis didnt want us to redo any of the hot or cold side, so we put exact replacement turbos in it.. Car does NOT have rear coil overs..

Curtis told me, verbally, in person, that the original turbos were 61mm.

The 70s on this car are RIDICULOUSLY oversized, to the point the car isn't even fun to drive. This car needs twin 58s, or a single 76.

Last edited:

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
we are kurgan motorsports... and the turbos were replaced with the EXACT SAME TURBOS that were on the car, but now manufactured by Magnum (masterpower is no longer around).. WE sent the turbos in and WE dealt with Magnum.

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Curtis, the turbos are "Magnum" turbos. Im trying to find out more info on them, billet or cast wheel, ect.

Does the car have rear coil overs?

Are the original seats available?

Do you have a dyno graph?

I'll make an offer of 15k

:lol:

MTBSully

Established Member
Curtis, the turbos are "Magnum" turbos. Im trying to find out more info on them, billet or cast wheel, ect.

Does the car have rear coil overs?

Are the original seats available?

Do you have a dyno graph?

I'll make an offer of 15k

Get ****ed guy. $15k? Stock 19k mile cars go for $22-$25 all day. Let alone $30K worth of extras.

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member

Get ****ed guy. $15k? Stock 19k mile cars go for $22-$25 all day. Let alone $30K worth of extras.

It does have a few problems the ones i stated, that would need to get corrected. Few people have been willing to go as far as he has in buying it.

TT91

So Slow
Established Member

Sit down, I'm about to break it down for you.

The shop that installed the turbo kit, to remain unnamed, shimmed the steering rack to make room for the downpipes. This prevents the steering wheel to turn past 1.5 rotations. This makes the car extremely difficult to navigate around parking lots, driveways, residential streets, or anywhere else its required to turn the wheel more than 1.5 rotations. No such thing as a 3 point turn..Takes value from the car..

Regarding the turbo kit, twin 70mm turbos on a stock 4.6 motor is complete overkill. Speaking from personal experience, this car doesn't start making boost until 4300rpm. What it needs is a pair of 58mm, or a single 76. Combine that with the next factor, and you can figure it out for yourself..

The car doesn't shift properly. We cant figure out if its the clutch, or the shifter. The trans seems to be ok, but whenever the engine is under load, and you attempt to shift, into any gear, there's a good 2 second pause before the trans accepts the shift, and it requires a good amount of force. Takes value from the car..

The car is leaking fuel. The moment Curtis pulled into NJ with the car, it wreaked of fuel. So much, that the owner of the storage facility doesn't want to the car being started while its inside. Seems like a previous shop used Teflon tape on all the AN fittings, which is a HUGE NO NO, and the lethal performance push lock fittings are weeping at multiple connections. Takes value from the car..

No air conditioning....takes value from the car.

The interior center dash bezel has been spray painted. The door inserts have also been spray painted. The line lock switch has been drilled through the shifter bezel, which is also painted, and the headlight switch (push/pull) is broken. Gauge cluster has been changed to a silly Aeromotive one... Takes value from the car..

The Corbeau seats .....not all people fit into them, and they don't match the rear seats(ugly). The original Cobra seats are not available, which also takes value from the car.

The harness bar is incomplete. Its missing the supporting hardware, which renders it useless and DANGEROUS.Takes value from the car..

Windows are tinted, horribly. Takes value from the car..

Bumper has cut outs in it, although they are functional if you opt to run open dumps... they take value from the car..

Did I forget anything? Oh yea, why would I spend 21k on a car that needs 4-5k of work. I could just spend 21k on a car that has AC, and needs NO WORK.

The reason I have the car is because I wanted to make Curtis a serious offer, but once I had seen the car in person, I had to re-think my offer. I like the car, I think it has great potential, but it needs serious work. I also like Curtis ;), (its a Marine thing) ,and its unfortunate that there's been some shady work done to his car.

Last edited:

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Well its sounds like the OP left a few things out of his for sale thread. As far as fuel smell, I have the same issue as a lot of people with the Lethal Return fuel system without the upgraded PTF coated lines they weep. This is a known problem with there setup, hence the reason why they only sell PTF lines with there kits now. Modding cars in any fashion doesn't tend to increase the value of the car, usually modding just costs you money that you'll never get back. Now, do a shitty install with quality parts and you just wasted a bunch of money that also degraded the value of your car. Still 15k would be a good deal and now I know why nobody was jumping on what looked to be a great deal.

Last edited:

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member
Wow whats going on in this thread..

Frankly I dont have a problem with the reduced turning as the downpipes needed space rather then go under the k-member and get hit alot by bumps/road.

My car from the day I got it at 11,xxx miles had always been difficult to shift at high RPMs yet it has never grinded a gear or shown any other problems with it.

The interior pieces (bezel/door inserts etc) to me I liked cause they matched the car when I got them, some would rather have the stock look. The headlight pull switch not working is new to me as it worked fine when I left the car in Jersey and never had a problem turning on the lights.

Corbeau seats are not for everyone, some even go as far as doing a rear seat delete.

Either way some things are subjective either you like it or dont.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
just curious why did you not give anyone on here the opportunity at $16,500 (RESERVE MET or $17,500 for that matter up set with the comments. I hate silver but this would be on its way to utah. Would have been nice to keep the car in the SVT community. hope you get more. GLWS...

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
I think it has lots a potential i am surprised you were not trying to work it behind the scenes but I bet you sent a PM or two. Car has your name all over it my friend. Im not done yet on it but so many cars to buy so little space to put them

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
Car needs a front sway bar, currently cant fit one due to the headers and the oil scavenging pump. New hot side to allow for greater steering (or single turbo), new fuel lines, front inner fender covers, and air conditioning. I estimated about 4-6k for a "proper" 700whp street car.

Users who are viewing this thread