Yay popped another FRPS, so ridiculous

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
So 3rd cobra so far and probably my 9th-10th frps in that total time. Would think by now we'd have a solid solution as to why this shit happens and, other than not wot'ing, finding out why these pop. 60$ a pop/fresh oil change/new plugs gets really old. Any real fixes I might have missed?

NOT TO MENTION I JUST PRICED A SPARE AND THEY ARE NOW 121$ FROM FORD!!! WTFFF
THEY USED TO BE 60$!!!

Last edited:
76k and never had one fail, but I also don't run the kind of wild setups you have. Our fuel system has a lot to do with the FRPS failures.

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Nope no delete as far as I know, just always had this problem on every car and each one was tuned by different people. I hear it can be a pegged maf causing fuel pressure spikes but damn, these cars have almost been around for a decade you'd think we'd have an actual fix or 'what not to do' list.

KevinE

Established Member
Get a Kenne Bell disc. It's like $20 and takes about 2 mins to install. Just put one in my car, issued solved.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member

keith89

Established Member
I've never popped one but from what it sounds like, hitting the factory rev limiter with the returnless fuel system is a sure way to pop it.

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
I've never popped one but from what it sounds like, hitting the factory rev limiter with the returnless fuel system is a sure way to pop it.

Didnt even reach 6k rpms, bogged during a wot run at 5300 in 3rd. Ive had it happen at 3k rpm 3/4 throttle. Its fuel pressure spikes in the rails for whatever reason during diff loads that pops the diaphragm in them. After one goes bad you can shake it after you take it off and hear the insides rattle.

TRBO VNM

I went thru 14 back in 2005/2006. Not sure what caused it to quit, still baffle me to this date.

Save yourself a bunch of trouble now, buy this system, and quit messing with the returnless bullshit, it is trash at best. I wish I would of, return is so much better.

Lethal Performance 99-04 4V Budget Return Style Fuel System [LP-9904BUDGETRETURN-4V] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

And we have a winner.....

Revised, I know you meant return and not returnless.....

99% of the time it is from fuel pressure spikes. How do you eliminate those?

Injectors, fuel lines, rails.

Or go return and not worry about it.

keith89

Established Member
Go Return. We'll be looking for a "thank you" thread.

+1
Also, who has been tuning your cars? same person for all of them?
sounds like you hold the record for number of popped frps's, especially with how lightly modded your cars were, so it's either driving style, tuner, or very bad luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread