Yet Another Build in Florida........

Van@RevanRacing

I couldn't let Chris have all of the fun. I actually torched my motor. Since I can't upload pics on SVTP I posted a link to the pictures on Team Shelby.

I'm going a different route with Pistons and Rods and Exhaust valves.

These pictures are completely demonstrative of going lean because of low octane fuel. You don't always get what you pay for.

At least I expired the motor at 190+ MPH at Daytona.

Van

Daytona 190 MPH Plus then Detonation - Team Shelby - Page 4

2kmelat

Established Member
sorry about your engine, have fun with the rebuild. cant wait to see what u will do and what u get out out of the kb. I think u should replace your heat exchanger and radiator while you are in there and ill take them off your hands. lol

XtremeS10

Established Member
See Van, if you had had an AFCO maybe your engine wouldn't have over heated and exploded! :poke:

All kidding aside.... we need PICS!!!! Can't wait to follow this setup, its going to be one wicked car!

Van@RevanRacing

sorry about your engine, have fun with the rebuild. cant wait to see what u will do and what u get out out of the kb. I think u should replace your heat exchanger and radiator while you are in there and ill take them off your hands. lol

What do you have in mind? I'm thinking about returning to stock so if I sell enough parts I could get the aluminum block!!!

See Van, if you had had an AFCO maybe your engine wouldn't have over heated and exploded! :poke:

All kidding aside.... we need PICS!!!! Can't wait to follow this setup, its going to be one wicked car!

Now that's just funny. AFwho? :loser:

I wish I could post pics but my account doesn't allow me to post pics, at least for now............

XtremeS10

Established Member
What do you have in mind? I'm thinking about returning to stock so if I sell enough parts I could get the aluminum block!!!

Now that's just funny. AFwho? :loser:

I wish I could post pics but my account doesn't allow me to post pics, at least for now............

Send em over I'll get em up!

sfadchi

Established Member
Van I know you've heard of the new site called PHOTOBUCKET!!!!! It's only been around for 5 or 6 years! We need pictures!

Van@RevanRacing

Van I know you've heard of the new site called PHOTOBUCKET!!!!! It's only been around for 5 or 6 years! We need pictures!

Let's see you do all that after you are married and have 3 kids ages 8,6,4. LOL

I don't know why but my account just never allowed me to do uploads.

You got a line on pistons???? Now Chris wants me to buy his hand me downs!! LOL I'm going a different direction with pistons and rods simply because of the abuse that I inflict on the car road racing.

I'll send some pics over to Vic.

VC

sfadchi

Established Member
Let's see you do all that after you are married and have 3 kids ages 8,6,4. LOL

I don't know why but my account just never allowed me to do uploads.

You got a line on pistons???? Now Chris wants me to buy his hand me downs!! LOL I'm going a different direction with pistons and rods simply because of the abuse that I inflict on the car road racing.

I'll send some pics over to Vic.

VC

Like new! Using the forum on the Iphone is not always the easiest! LOL They only have 10K easy miles on them! :-D

Hey Van are you going to upgrade to a real blower now? I hear the Whipple 2.9L calling your name! :poke:

Last edited:

XtremeS10

Established Member
Van's Pics:

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

2kmelat

Established Member
Like new! Using the forum on the Iphone is not always the easiest! LOL They only have 10K easy miles on them! :-D

Hey Van are you going to upgrade to a real blower now? I hear the Whipple 2.9L calling your name! :poke:

chris u know he cant use the whip, ple the rtv is only good up to 141 mph u i mean dacty could hurt another motor. :lol:

XtremeS10

Established Member

Now now, posting isn't so hard on the Droid :beer:

Real blower? You mean like the 4.0l I have in the mail? :poke:

rdsnk46

Established Member
I just waiting to hear back from either Dan Millen @ Livernois or Joe King from Ford Racing, I'm working on the aluminum motor for you big dog!

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
Looking forward to watching your build dactyl, its going to be a monster, what blower and ammount of boost are you shooting for??

Van@RevanRacing

Looking forward to watching your build dactyl, its going to be a monster, what blower and ammount of boost are you shooting for??

I'm building the motor for more RPM so I can reduce shifting which translates to faster lap times. Trying to stay in the same boost range but a change in compression for more NA horsepower. If we get to around 750 RWHP that's enough for a road race car. Then I can slap some drag radials on it, change the springs and tune, throw some C-16 in it and take it down the drag strip. This build gives me some options..................I haven't drag raced in a while but I might be tempted to see what she'll do.

I just waiting to hear back from either Dan Millen @ Livernois or Joe King from Ford Racing, I'm working on the aluminum motor for you big dog!

:thumbsup:

Already had a Whipple 3.4, but you knew that. :bash:

Van@RevanRacing

Build Update.......

Build Update......................

The block is fine.
The heads are fine.

What's on the way next week..........

Custom Diamond/L&M Pistons .020 over
Oliver Billet Rods
Ford GT Cams
Ferrea Super Alloy Intake and Exhaust Valves
Manley Titanium Retainers
AP Rings
Speed Pro Main and Rod bearings
ARP 2000 Head Studs
Ford Racing Coil Covers (gotta have a little bling)

And coming in March/April my new Kenne Bell 3.6 LC Supercharger :rockon:

I will post pics as the build progresses.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Build Update......................

The block is fine.
The heads are fine.

What's on the way next week..........

Custom Diamond/L&M Pistons .020 over
Oliver Billet Rods
Ford GT Cams
Ferrea Super Alloy Intake and Exhaust Valves
Manley Titanium Retainers
AP Rings
Speed Pro Main and Rod bearings
ARP 2000 Head Studs
Ford Racing Coil Covers (gotta have a little bling)

And coming in March/April my new Kenne Bell 3.6 LC Supercharger :rockon:

I will post pics as the build progresses.

:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread