Yet another reason I will never live somewhere with HOA...

Viking42

Established Member
Snug Harbor (The community referenced in the article) is maybe 10 minutes from where I live....

I live in an HOA neighborhood and haven't really had any issues to gripe about. I got a letter about my grass being too tall once, but that was because I was extremely busy and didn't get a chance to mow my yard for a couple weeks. I actually had mowed the yard the day before the letter arrived, emailed them to let them know as such and all was good.

On the other had, I had a bad experience at a place where my parents lived briefly. I was back visiting from college and was washing my car one morning. I got yelled at by some neighbors of theirs because apparently you aren't supposed to wash your car in the driveway.... My parents got a letter from the HOA as I guess someone reported it as someone working on a car in their driveway. No fines or anything, just a warning, but still....

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Snug Harbor (The community referenced in the article) is maybe 10 minutes from where I live....

I live in an HOA neighborhood and haven't really had any issues to gripe about. I got a letter about my grass being too tall once, but that was because I was extremely busy and didn't get a chance to mow my yard for a couple weeks. I actually had mowed the yard the day before the letter arrived, emailed them to let them know as such and all was good.

On the other had, I had a bad experience at a place where my parents lived briefly. I was back visiting from college and was washing my car one morning. I got yelled at by some neighbors of theirs because apparently you aren't supposed to wash your car in the driveway.... My parents got a letter from the HOA as I guess someone reported it as someone working on a car in their driveway. No fines or anything, just a warning, but still....

Cant wash your own car? Now that is nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread