You don't have to be smart to be wealthy

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I got took this photo the morning of huricane Irene. Just thought it was pretty funny how someone can have the where with all to buy a machine like this but not the brains to stay out of a lake!!! What, did he think he was in his Land Rover or Merc GXXX??? I hear the water was inside (he opened the doors) and it's a total!!!

DSC_0461.jpg

:bash::bash::bash::loser::loser::loser:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Bentley Vert...was a nice car. Never, ever drive into a puddle you don't know!!! And then don't open the doors if you get stuck!!! Had the doors stayed closed it wouldn't have been to big a deal to get it running. Shame, but I'm guessing they'll just buy another.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
If one can afford a car like that then I assume they can afford insurance on it too.

A small drop in the bucket.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not surprised at all. I have seen cars (all makes and models) try to get through flooded streets over the years. They all think the water isn't deep enough to not be able to drive through slowly. Until the engine stalls and they're stuck. For some reason there seems to be a general misconception that because you're enclosed in a vehicle that you can slosh through a flooded street unharmed, as if your cabin is waterproof and your engine can't stall unless it is fully submersed in water. :shrug:

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
I saw a BMW z8 under water back around 02 that a guy just left parked at his house by the lakefront that floods EVERY time there is a hurricane. If he wouldve drove it 2 blocks inland and parked it never would've happened. Its not like it he had no warning.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Meh, those things are almost quite literally a dime a dozen here in Houston...... That driver's still a dipshit though.

Robert Francis

Established Member
If you're not normally very cautious and don't know the area really well, you can get easliy fooled by water covering a road. If possible I always hang behind and watch the vehicles ahead of me first to check the depth of the water. If there aren't any vehicles ahead of me and I can't see the road through the water, I turn around.

Users who are viewing this thread