you guys intersted in more races this year?

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
It was the middle of the summer so it was slower for sure. But I totally agree. While we are talking about that. Why bother going to Cecil to run a number you are never going to backup anywhere else?

Good point, Cecil is known to be a quicker track although Capitol is closer to sea level???

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I've raced at all three and haven't had any problems..........We're more fortunate than most to have so many options.

I agree DG but MIR is going to be in a league of its own this year with the improvement their making over the winter.

LOL, no kidding Matt, if you can keep the car in their narrow groove. Speaking of Atco, did you see they re-surfaced the first 600' with concrete? I'd be surprised if that track is worth racing on till the end of the year.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Last year we had the two shootout events on June 23 and September 23. Worked out pretty well. I think we should space them apart a bit and try to get at least one of them when it''s going to be a little cooler. This is a great event too get the folks out that don't do as much drag racing......Price is right and plenty of MACA support and help.

What about May 24 and September 6th???

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Last year we had the two shootout events on June 23 and September 23. Worked out pretty well. I think we should space them apart a bit and try to get at least one of them when it''s going to be a little cooler. This is a great event too get the folks out that don't do as much drag racing......Price is right and plenty of MACA support and help.

What about May 24 and September 6th???

May 24th fine - but finding an Oct date for the 2nd one would be even better...:beer:

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
If that's the case then ATCO's must be at 50'.....:dw: That's a pretty wild statement to make...we need to get Novi357 to put this rumor to rest...

I sent matt a pm, but I can post my answer in the thread.

I actually have heard something to that effect before. I can't remember if it was 55' or 59', but the person I heard it from did say it was definitely less than 60'.

I don't really pull a better 60' or 1/4 mile et at capitol versus any other track, so I can't say whether it ever impacted me. If anything, I run slower at capitol compared to other tracks. That is mostly due to their pathetic prep though.

Another ugly issue coming up at capitol this year is this (from their website):

All vehicles running 9.99 must have a diaper, Capitol Raceway is 10.99

This means that cars running 10.99 or quicker requires an engine diaper.

I don't even know if I can get a diaper on my motor plus I am not sure how a diaper will effect a street driven car.

What a mess, I don't know if I am going to be running at capitol this year because of that.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I would def be in for a couple dates. The cooler air the better, as I hate going to the track when It's humid and I know I won't be running within a .5 of my best. Spring and fall!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Haven't been through MIR tech lately have you?

HMMNN...Capitol is safe enough for the ProMods to run there several times a year...5.95@200+...so that's safe enough for me....:rolling:

LOL, I didn't mean tech...I ment your "personal" safety...:poke:

Last time I was there I wasn't sure if I was gonna get carjacked before I left.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
821-7809A.jpg

thats what an engine diaper looks like

Users who are viewing this thread