you guys intersted in more races this year?

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
We could compare 1/8th mile to 1/8th mile ... just try to get an apples to apples comparison.

I'll pull the time slips and post the results. I ended up missing the 3-4 shift twice that day, and it wasn't soon after the trans was at Bill's getting rebuilt (that's my story and I'm sticking to it....)

I still say, along with a few other guys I know, that their 60' marker is more like 55'.....

I actually have heard something to that effect before. I can't remember if it was 55' or 59', but the person I heard it from did say it was definitely less than 60'.

I was hoping you both had time slips to compare your 60's against the other tracks. Hopefully same type of weather conditions too. I'm a fact finding type of guy and as of now I'd say this 55' -59' ain't true. I'll go back and check my time slips with the eaton. With the KB I had to detune 'er for Capitol since they are very strict there (couldn't go over 135mph with my cage). I still was able to pull 1.4 60's at Capitol, and in 80+ degree weather not detuned (took a chance) ran a 10.22@137, 1.43 60ft, 2.8H. - now if I was hitting 1.3's all day long then I'd be raising an eyebrow..

Last time I was there I wasn't sure if I was gonna get carjacked before I left.

Can't speak for Friday nights but never had a problem for the past 5 years bracket racing on Saturdays - with the racers or the crowd...:beer:

Last edited:

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
I was hoping you both had time slips to compare your 60's against the other tracks. Hopefully same type of weather conditions too. I'm a fact finding type of guy and as of now I'd say this 55' -59' ain't true. I'll go back and check my time slips with the eaton. With the KB I had to detune 'er for Capitol since they are very strict there (couldn't go over 135mph with my cage). I still was able to pull 1.4 60's at Capitol, and in 80+ degree weather not detuned (took a chance) ran a 10.22@137, 1.43 60ft, 2.8H. - now if I was hitting 1.3's all day long then I'd be raising an eyebrow..

I don't think comparing slips will get you anywhere. If you want hard facts, when the track opens up, ask them if you can measure out the 60' with a tape measure (either before racing starts or after racing ends). If they won't let you do it, you know something is fishy. :read:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Maybe I'm just totally nieve about this, but I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that the 60' foot at Capitol, (or any reputable dragstrip for that matter), would be inaccurate. That's kinda an important aspect of drag racing that I would assume would require full time and attention when setting up the timing system. Heck, if my 60' times are Capitol are any indication, then that sucker is more like 65 feet!!!!

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Maybe I'm just totally nieve about this, but I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that the 60' foot at Capitol, (or any reputable dragstrip for that matter), would be inaccurate. That's kinda an important aspect of drag racing that I would assume would require full time and attention when setting up the timing system. Heck, if my 60' times are Capitol are any indication, then that sucker is more like 65 feet!!!!

Did you honestly just call Capitol reputable? :rolling:

The rumor was that it was done so that people would pull better 60' times at the track so they felt that it was a hooking track. The actual 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile measurements were not in dispute as far as I know.

Like I said above, I don't pull any better 60' at Capitol versus other tracks and if anything, my ets are typically slower there overall. If it is shorter, I have never benefitted from it.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Did you honestly just call Capitol reputable? :rolling:

The rumor was that it was done so that people would pull better 60' times at the track so they felt that it was a hooking track. The actual 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile measurements were not in dispute as far as I know.

Like I said above, I don't pull any better 60' at Capitol versus other tracks and if anything, my ets are typically slower there overall. If it is shorter, I have never benefitted from it.

:lol: Enough of this - I'm going back to do battle with the Religious fanatics that still think the Earth is the center of our universe & the sun still rises and sets in the same place because scripture says so...:dw:

Last edited:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
:lol: Enough of this - I'm going back to do battle with the Religious fanatics that still think the Earth is the center of our universe & the sun still rises and sets in the same place because scripture says so...:dw:

Careful, LL will ban you!

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I sent matt a pm, but I can post my answer in the thread.

I actually have heard something to that effect before. I can't remember if it was 55' or 59', but the person I heard it from did say it was definitely less than 60'.

I don't really pull a better 60' or 1/4 mile et at capitol versus any other track, so I can't say whether it ever impacted me. If anything, I run slower at capitol compared to other tracks. That is mostly due to their pathetic prep though.

Another ugly issue coming up at capitol this year is this (from their website):

All vehicles running 9.99 must have a diaper, Capitol Raceway is 10.99

This means that cars running 10.99 or quicker requires an engine diaper.

I don't even know if I can get a diaper on my motor plus I am not sure how a diaper will effect a street driven car.

What a mess, I don't know if I am going to be running at capitol this year because of that.

That was a misprint, this is whats on their website now....

Division mistake, diapers are for Advance et 7.49, Capitol Raceway only is 10.99 optional but after three oil downs which we will be keeping a log on you will pay a fine of $100.00 each oil down.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member

Division mistake, diapers are for Advance et 7.49, Capitol Raceway only is 10.99 optional but after three oil downs which we will be keeping a log on you will pay a fine of $100.00 each oil down.

cecil needs to do this for those yap yap slapped together rotary piles of shit! every time ive ever ran ive had 3 or 4 of them there they all blow apart after the 330 and coast... ill be in the next lane see them lining up i just shut my truck off and get out...

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member

That is good news.

I bet the hurricane is going to be the first car on that list. Pfffft, that car will make the list in one night.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member

This is good news as we are relocating to Millersville, MD which is about 5 minutes away from Capitol Raceway..:beer:

That is good news.

I bet the hurricane is going to be the first car on that list. Pfffft, that car will make the list in one night.

:lol: Yeh those damn older cars...anything that's not a 1991 model or younger shouldn't....ooppps.....:p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread