Votes: 65 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 34 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
Not my cup of tea... I think they look a little... is delicate :) the right word? But seriously Larry, I guess you're trying to be a little different and its really all about what you like. Me, I think wheels with that much air space look better on a smaller vehicle, maybe like a M3, Boxster, or vette. Certainly more of a road car rather than a truck that excels in the quarter mile. I'm also not a fan of the nuts. I had a 944 a few years back with 3-piece BBS wheels. PITA to keep clean. Did you have Boyd's on the old L?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
LL, you are a lunatic man.. a new L, new s/c, tvs, wheels.. you have serious mod addiction man. ;) but congrats. those wheels look good, and 18's is the way to go, with a drop it will look great, and no sense adding the weight of a bigger wheel.

those are forged Al wheels, 20s will weigh no more than the stockers. The only disadvantage will be a slight reduction in final drive ratio. :read:

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
TXLightning75 said:
Damn, you make my CC hurt just thinking about how fast you spend $.

hey larry, has your card had time to cool off from all the swiping it's gone through in the last, oh i dunno, day. :)

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
SADF said:
Pitstain, your 20's look way better than an 18.

How can you make that statement without actually seeing how 18's look on a Lightning?
I think some of you big wheel guys are just anti 18". :poke: I'm sure Larry is focusing
on the performance aspects

Larry, I think the wheels will give your truck a classy/racy appearance.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
SADF said:
Pitstain, your 20's look way better than an 18.

Different strokes. I want 18s for now. I can run DRs and 18s ride better.

I've had 20s before. Nice look, Poor ride.

Rons Bolt said:
How can you make that statement without actually seeing how 18's look on a Lightning?
I think some of you big wheel guys are just anti 18". :poke: I'm sure Larry is focusing
on the performance aspects

Larry, I think the wheels will give your truck a classy/racy appearance.

Thanks Ron. :pepper: You are correct.

Fade 2 Black said:
Awesome LL!! Stock is 5.8" backspace, 14mm offset.

Thanks Bob;-)

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
im getting these wheels for LL. they will be 2 piece polished, with bolts. i dont think gloss black would look good on an SB L, maybe flat black. i think polished will offset the SB just perfectly. and like i told LL, if he gets bored with them in a few months he can sell them off and go for a new set since he's getting such a good deal. :thumbsup:

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
BlkLightning2K said:
don't 20's fck up handling as well?

if you size everything correctly 20's will improve handling due to the shorter tire sidewall, my setup also weighs LESS than stock, handling acceleration and braking are all as good or BETTER than stock.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
im no engineer but doesnt rotating mass come into play? since the weight of the actual rim is further away from the center of the wheel. like swinging a yoyo around in a circle? the farther the yoyo gets the heavier it feels...

i personally think 20s look awesome on Ls, 22s even better. saw an L on 22s at the shop yesterday and it looked awesome. i have 22s on my L powered F150. i keep the stockers on DRs for track runs. :thumbsup:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
svt4stv said:
im no engineer but doesnt rotating mass come into play? since the weight of the actual rim is further away from the center of the wheel. like swinging a yoyo around in a circle? the farther the yoyo gets the heavier it feels...

i personally think 20s look awesome on Ls, 22s even better. saw an L on 22s at the shop yesterday and it looked awesome. i have 22s on my L powered F150. i keep the stockers on DRs for track runs. :thumbsup:

yes rotaional mass does come into play here going to 20's. i dont care if the wheel weighs the same or not. pushing weight further away from the axis does require more power.

Users who are viewing this thread