You have $600 for a gas grill...

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
Not $600.01... strict $600 or below budget. I really want a weber but i feel like im not getting much grill for the money. I dont want a tiny grill because we entertain and i cook stuff for work lunches ahead of time. I also use it year round.

priorities?
#1 - quality and durability, i want it to last. also would be nice to be repairable or be from a manufacturer that sells parts to replace/fix.

#2 - cooking quality, I hate having hot spots and cold spots all over the grill.

I had a walmart fake stainless $150 grill I made last over 5.5years by cleaning it and covering it at all times. I want 10-15 years from my next grill...minimum.

Can I do it for $600 or should I save a bit more?

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I say build your own grill/smoker out of some bricks and an old 55gallon drum. Later, you can build a bar around it if you wanted to.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Go with a Broilchef BBQ.
My Dad has one and he absolutely loves it.

They are on sale now at Home Depot.
Regular price $899, on sale for $579.

Home Depot - Broilchef Model: BC300 48,000 BTU
bc300-broilchef_1_4.jpg

bc300-broilchef_3_4.jpg

bc300-broilchef_2_4.jpg

svtaddict

Established Member
ive been wanting a nice gas grill but have been on the fence. my heart lies with buying a big green egg so im holding out.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Skip the gas and save up for a Big Green Egg. You thank me later.

tistan

Established Member
As most have already said, get a Weber. They have something like a 10 year warranty.

HIonPSI

Established Member
As most have already said, get a Weber. They have something like a 10 year warranty.

This.

I love to grill...going 2 years on a Weber Genesis now. Our old Weber lasted us almost 10 years before we gave it to a friend and its still going strong today. Tried Kenmore once, never again. Weber all the way.

wht93gted

Established Member
I have the Weber Genesis with sear station. I got it off Amazon last year using my Amazon store card, so it was 12 months interest free.

The grill is amazing. Simply out. It actually creates enough heat to sear meats to perfection and the build quality is 2nd to none. That's why it weighs something like 200lbs.

You said not $601. But does 12 months interest free count for anything?

01GTB

Established Member
ive been wanting a nice gas grill but have been on the fence. my heart lies with buying a big green egg so im holding out.

Smart move. I've had one for five years. I also have two Weber kettles and a Weber gas, and the only thing I use is the Big Green Egg.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i got a weber genesis without the sear station for around $600 in Feb last year and love it. It cooks very evenly and no issues thus far. It stays on my screened in porch with a cover on it when not in use, we use it 3-4 nights a week on average.

if you look around you can sign up that youve moved and lowes will send you coupons for 10% off your entire purchase, used it on the grill, cover and new brush.

slidai

Established Member
I just got a webber genesis s-330 and its pretty amazing. I'd say save up money and get something that's worth it. You get what you pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread