you have got to be kidding me! PICS

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
if that biig darn wenrch dont work thats rated at 2000 ft lbs dont work then i will try the kick method!!!

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
mine popped like a can of pringles when i took mine off, it was like almost destiny... it was as if the truck knew it was getting a pulley and was like GET THIS STOCK POS OFF OF ME NOW! haha

for sure....mine too was like POP, i was like thank you!

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
....also i went at it from the top....it came off easy. just use the longest breaker bar or pipe u can findand pull towards the drivers side. just make sure to put a rag or towel on the fender so that when it pops loose it doesnt wack the fender.

amacvey

Established Member
Mine gave me hell for a few hours, i eventually put a jack under the breaker bar and it worked beautifully, it's a wonderful feeling when that thing finally comes off.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
this should get it done then
IMG00406.jpg

i get the BFR but what did you use the stapler for? to hold the torque converter in place? :shrug:

:p

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
I swear i came back the next day and it popped right off! It was so embarrassing when you mack such a big deal about it and then you get a few friends around to watch and then it just comes off to make you look like a duach bag.

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
i broke 3 of them and 3 sockets lol. but my persistence was victorious!!! now i just need the vacum lines hooked up right

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
Glad to hear you got that SOB! Just think you will never have to do that again. And yes Stew was correct it is 14mm. Never questions the allmighty Stew he has never led me astray yet :thumbsup:

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Just have a buddy come over and try to wrench it.

Not because you're incapable... but because thats just how this crazy world works.

I swear, every time I have a problem and I ask a buddy to try it out... its like they put a hand on the wrench and whatever I was trying to do just works for them effortlessly. I just have bad luck I guess.

ecoastkid

Established Member
I let the weight of the truck break it loose..lol...w a pita....when it finally went, the noise it made was so loud I swore I had snapped my crank...

built97cobra

It's stock
Established Member
if it's not already stated above... those lower pullies are REVERSE threaded... and even still i had to have a buddy help me break mine loose with a 3foot breaker bar

04darkL

Dark Lightning
Established Member
there is a spray that works way better than wd-40 that you could spray on called "PB Blaster" that should at least help to get where you can still use the wrench. i used it to remove my stock exhaust and it works wonders...

Users who are viewing this thread