Your best street race?

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
The guy with the Benz was the best. Me and my girl were in a diner, and he was behind us with his girl and a couple of friends talking shit bout he was unbeatable and how Mercedes made the fastest cars. Long story short, I waited for him at the exit of the lot, threw him a challenge and it was on. 3am, empty streets, and a W. L. beating a black E55 in a 2 blocker. Priceless.

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
In my 02 Lightning I waited at this Church parking lot right becide the main drag and wait for what I called "victims". And there was alot of them, Best race in the 02 Lightning was a believe it or not a hopped up Pontiac Vega with a 396 in it a dam fast Grocery Getter. We got side by side at a Light and I was half a fender in front of him up to about 120 and we both let off. I won :banana: .
The 03 best race was with a 5.0 Mustang in Calgary with some major mods and we tied, the other one was In Phoenix against a 03 2 tone HD with lots of mods the guy on AZLOC as nasty03HD real nice guy I just barely beat him by a fender length. And another one in Phoenix on I-10 which I still believe to this day was a under cover cop in a crown vic that looked like a ordinary grandpa and grandma car and was everything but. Turned off in Sky Harbour Airport area and hid for a while.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Had a s/c V6 accord with a level 10 tranny, 320 at 11#s, and my baby. My bro's got an 03 gt with a billet stroker 5.0 making 1100hp runs mid 8s, not a DD lol, and a 95 gt conv. DD with a d1sc p.c. 4.6 from his 03. Runs mid 11s. About 5years.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
With the Magnum 575 to 590 street tune. with the 2.6 620. If I had waited for 4v bout 645 @ 93. Too long of a wait.

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
Wow a E55??? Those are real fast.. I have a video of one wasting a 03 cobra with a few mods that put down 462 hp and the rear wheels. Good thing you got him from a dig... those are killer on the top end. I did have the exhaust done, which reminded me of another kid I raced with a procharged GT mustang, he said he mis-shifted because my truck was so loud... Ha Ha the dumbass had his window all the way down

Jason

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Got ahead right off the line. He spun all that added power with street tires. I had full suspension and dr's so I new I had a chance. And I was making 488/576, with my PI conv. Stock they hit 100 in 9sec, but its all about E.T. Thats what wins street races. I knew I liked that exhaust setup. Lmao. He must have felt like a shmuck.

Last edited:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
99-04 GT (don't know specific year)---dead
1500 RAM----Hahahahaha, you guess what happened!
Cammed Firebird------20 roll, 5 lengths::::dig, 3 lengths (what traction???)
Terminator----well that was playing around from 50 to like 110 because we let on and off, so I don't know.
2002 (somewhere around that year) Vette-----from 65 (hate that speed) and gained a little ground, like a little under a car, wish we went from a dig or 20 roll.
03 HD---50 to 90, like a length because its....50-90, it doesnt take long to get there.
Oh, and a focus at a light, got to sixty and he was a dot in the mirror

It sounds like a race alot, but I really don't, the only real race was the firebird, the others were them gunning it me going "wait what?" then going. So really I have only had one "real" race. Like the GT was from like 40 to 70, just short burst to keep him in his place. I can still count how many times I've floored it on two hands.

mifordman

Established Member
you guys all get good races........the best one i have had is an 05 srt-4......from what the guy that was driving said 05's have more power than the years before....anyway, we went from a dig 3 times, i put at least 3 trucks on him, and then from a roll 3 times, the first roll was at 20 mph, i pulled away and shut down at 80, the next was at about 45 mph roll bad drop for the L, he out an instant 2 cars on me and then i pulled back and closed the gap to on car lenght but was never ahead, and the last roll was at 70 mph roll and we were dead even to 110, he says he was bone stock, my truck is also stock.

Bootbox

Established Member
1999 BMW M5 (400hp V8)

0-100 had a car and a half on him and 65-100 I had a car length before we let out.

Nice guy, we talked at the next light. He told me he used to have a Lightning and "please tell me that thing's not stock" I told him about the 4lb and tune we had a good laugh. His dad was with him riding shotgun, the look on his face was priceless. Guess it's the first fast truck he's seen.

:shrug: :coolman:

soniclightning

Established Member
A guy I work with had a 95 camaro and thought it was the fastest thing on the road. Well after 2 months of shit talking he finally agreed to race me. When we took off I didn't let off until I couldn't see him in the rear view anymore. He sold the camaro the next week.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i wish i had some good stories. but then again i dont really go out to places where people meet up to do that sort of thing. i think one of these days ill have to go out on a sat. night looking for something.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
i wish i had some good stories. but then again i dont really go out to places where people meet up to do that sort of thing. i think one of these days ill have to go out on a sat. night looking for something.

Same here, I always see good potential races going the other way, or see them when I'm not in my L.

baer42

Established Member
Not yet. But there is a 350z in town that revs everytime he sees me. How would the L do against one of them? All I know is he has an exhaust by the sounds of it.

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
its says best street race... But doesn't specify in your L, so... I had a awesome race with some guy in a 05 GTO with all the bolt ons, long tubes, a cam, dyno tune, and 150 shot. We raced from a dig, and I put a hurting on him he wont forget anytime soon. I had two cars on him by 80mph (top of 3rd gear in the bug) and he was spraying in 2nd and 3rd gear. Neadless to say he was a bit suprised... He later called a friend of mine (who set the race up) and the first words out of his mouth were "what the F*** was THAT!!!????) He says he runs 11.60s on the bottle.

Priceless

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
I got one for you guys....how about when I walked a 1992 GMC TYPHOON!!!!! Yeah that is right. Took his ass twice, both of them from a dig. First race we took off, he launched hard but he was not that far in front and i just started walking him, finished by a truck length. Second race...he launches a little harder and I spin, he gets about a 1/2-1 car length from the start and by the time my foot rolls all the way to the floor I am walking his ass down and finish by putting a truck length!!!

Lets see, all wheel drive vs. a big ol' 4 door truck and the 4 door truck wins....HELL YEAH!!!!

I have time slips from when we went to the track the next day. It was my brothers Typhoon!

bmfgsxr

Established Member
stmoney11 said:
Same here, I always see good potential races going the other way, or see them when I'm not in my L.

the other night i was merging onto the highway and i get a guy in an s2000 with an exhaust zoom past me. i slowly catch up to him and i know he would have run it if i pushed the issue, but my 9 year old daughter was in the truck with me so i didnt play around. but damn did i want to run him down! the urge inside me was overwhelming.. lol

bmfgsxr

Established Member
baer42 said:
Not yet. But there is a 350z in town that revs everytime he sees me. How would the L do against one of them? All I know is he has an exhaust by the sounds of it.

you will gobble him up and shit him out. unless hes worked and has a turbo on there but that is a whole new ballgame.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
04SilverBullet said:
I got one for you guys....how about when I walked a 1992 GMC TYPHOON!!!!! Yeah that is right. Took his ass twice, both of them from a dig. First race we took off, he launched hard but he was not that far in front and i just started walking him, finished by a truck length. Second race...he launches a little harder and I spin, he gets about a 1/2-1 car length from the start and by the time my foot rolls all the way to the floor I am walking his ass down and finish by putting a truck length!!!

Lets see, all wheel drive vs. a big ol' 4 door truck and the 4 door truck wins....HELL YEAH!!!!

I have time slips from when we went to the track the next day. It was my brothers Typhoon!

thats a good one right there.. i like the sy/ty's. glad you put him in his place..

squirellracing

white lightning
Established Member
ive got a couple streets under me.from the srt-10 ,srt-4, trans am, my buddys SS camaro cammed out,to an 03 cobra my favorite though is them beautiful ricers who love to run for money up by us...the best race i must say was an 03 cobra from a 50mph roll we went about 3 times each time same result half a fendor i mean it was close as all hell 50mph to 140 is an adrenalin rush side by side and trying to hang some turns but its not really a big victory since its another svt let alone ford.

Users who are viewing this thread