Your best street race?

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
My best race, as far as how close they hung with me, was either the 636 Kawasaki or the LS1 Tech car I raced. I had about half a car on the bike. I dont think he has been riding that long though. So we wont count that one. I raced a LS1 Tech car on 1960 and it was effin fast. Here's how it went. I pulled up to the light next to a silver TA. It was cammed lowered, had exhaust, and had black rims. Two males approximately 25-26 years of agewere inside the vehicle. They were talking and laughing while looking at my truck. Needless to say, the light turned green and they werent laughing anymore. I pulled about a car and a half by the next light. They pulled up with this oh shite look on their faces. They said something else and agreed on something. They signaled to go again so F it....i went. They hung better on this run. You could tell they sprayed on this run but did not spray enough. 2 kills, same car. It was a fun night.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
baer42 said:
Not yet. But there is a 350z in town that revs everytime he sees me. How would the L do against one of them? All I know is he has an exhaust by the sounds of it.
You would take him. First night of ownership took one from a dig and never looked back. Great kills gentlemen, and for those with no kills, the first one is the best. They will come, dont worry.

KYLightning02

Established Member
Lets see the best street race ever i would have to say when i first got my truck and had the worst luck in the world my first race was my friends SS silverado so i mean come on i gotta race it for my first kill...we lined them up on the highway and i was like F it i have to get new tires for this thing anyway and i wanna see what its got so 3 honks and i hammer it and BOOM damn engine BLOWS on me because the idiot before traded it in after he F'd it up with NOS with only 10,000 miles on it so i thought i had a good truck but back to the story i did like a 100 foot black mark and let off after the boom so he won that race so i said screw it Ford is gonna get me a new engine why not race the shit outa this one so i say lets go again so we did and mine sputtering all to HELL LOL i kicked the crap outa him still and come to find out it was running off only 7 Cylinders thats my best street race ever and now i have a BRAND NEW crate engine from ford to start my masterpiece with MODS

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Nice. 7 cylinders? And he still bit the bullet? Never expected anyone to say "I popped the first time I got on it!" Anyway congrats on the new motor, at least 1nice jesture for us L owners.

bluestreak89

Established Member
I'm trying to scrap the habit but still get at it every now and then.
My fav was me and my boys s55 we were leaving jillians one night and trading the lead because no one wanted to go all out. we got to an exit on 85n where there are never any cops and just took off. It was like a 90-top speed roll on. His governor kicked in at 155 and my modified m5 kept going all the way until I chickened out at 180 where he couldnt be seen anymore. Since then he's got the thing running md 12's and the governor removed so Im trying to get him to do a full speed run.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Nice rides! I raced a dinan s/c m3 once, he only went 1 block, bout an 8th, and he turned off at the next light. He was in the right lane and he kept staring at my L. His m3 was silver, dinan badging, and the blow off of a s/c. Good race, but he didnt expect to lose cause all I got was, "all noise, no go." All I said was, "you lost, didnt you?"

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Racing 04 mystic whippled 660hp cobra..........Lost everytime but I have a turbo for his ass next week! :eek:

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
Add this from this afternoon...Porsche Boxster....easy I know.....but talk about someone trash talking at the light...hell his girl was trash talking too.....for some reason at the next light they wouldnt look at me?????

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
Well guys i see alot of talk about racing vettes, stangs, camaros, so on and so on, and those are good races, buy all in all my fav's are that lil 4'11 yellow guy, in a riced out fart can, and just blowing the doors of it.

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
ChuteboxeL03 said:
Well guys i see alot of talk about racing vettes, stangs, camaros, so on and so on, and those are good races, buy all in all my fav's are that lil 4'11 yellow guy, in a riced out fart can, and just blowing the doors of it.

Was at my shop( then one I use) when a highschool kid was there getting intake and exhaust put on his tiburion (spelling?) ...and he asked my shop guy (owner) what it would be like if he raced me ....he slapped the kid in the back of the head and said "a lot worst and much more embarrasing then that"...I honestly fell down laughing

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
The ricers that talk the most and cant back it up are the best. I still love, "yeah right, its just a truck."

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
You guys got great stories. Track racing is cool, but nothing beats how fast you can run in the street.
I want to thank all the guys that have told us their stories, the guys that are still looking for that first kill, and all the other members of this site. Long live street racing!

Users who are viewing this thread