346CamaroSS

Established Member
Street tires - BFG
Drag radials - M/Ts no question

pretty much X2 what Victorystang posted

Last edited:

jfsram

Established Member
When you say price. This generalizes ALL no name generic replacement tires. I hate that shit and would say "drivers" will always regret purchasing those. Although they do have their place. For lane fillers and people who never go past half throttle and can drive with loose items on their dash.

As for quaility. I've never been disappointed in Michelins or Yokohamas.

Many consumers place a big emphasis on tire life. If a tire is 7 years old and still has deep tread. It's probably junk anyways, the sidewall will be weak and it's hard as plastic (bad in rain).

As a shopper. I do like to spend my money on this side of the water. Tires Made in Japan, Spain or Germany does nothing for this failing economy.

So in the meantime I try to support GoodYear and Mickey Thompson who seems to be the only real company to support our hobby.

Another problem with brand shopping is each brand has MANY lines of tires. Just like some people hate Dodge but would still buy a Ram 3500 because of the engine.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
I have Hoosiers on now and they are awesome as far as traction and a good price.

But I'll always be a fan of BFG

They have the best customer support
They stand behind there tires
And they perform great

I had BFG KDW's
Had them for a year and I put a nail through them
Well I tried getting it patched and pluged and the iner liner wouldn't let it work
I called BFG for the heck of it and told them my problem

They said take it to Sears, let them try once to fix it (Sears couldn't either)
No questions asked they sent me a $280 tire for free
Besides that those and a slew of other BFG's I had on cars and trucks performed great

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
1. What are the top 3 tire manufactures that you will consider buying for your car?

Nitto, BFG, ?

2. List these attributes in the order that you think is most important to least important when deciding on how to buy tires.
3- price
1- performance
4- tire life
2- tire manufacture's reputation
- * please add anything else you think should be on this list

3. Do you prefer to deal with local shops or order tires online?

Discount Tire Direct, or get the local Discount to price match their ebay/direct pricing

4. How and where did you buy your last set of tires?

See above

5. If you had to buy tires today, where is the first place you would consider buying your tires from?

See above

6. What brand of tire is currently on your Mustang?

Camaro, but we have Nitto NT05's right now. Our Lightning had Nitto 555s and my Mustang had BFG KD's when I sold it, but it had 555s before that.

Check into local road race groups/events, I know the NASA series drivers always have trouble finding dealers, especially for Toyos, which are/were required for certain classes. Toyo dealers are few and far between in the US when it comes to road race tires.

Users who are viewing this thread