Your production number

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I thought I had a fairly low production number with 205582 until I visited the SVT Registry and found 200012 here:

http://myroadtrip.net/svt/shelby/GT500/2007/convertible/200012/index.html

1.jpg

Enis from California is the proud owner.

Let's hear your production numbers.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
dgussin1 said:
the vin has nothing to do with production order or number.

Nose hit? :read: Are they just random numbers? I'm not doubting you but would that really make any sense? Ok, sorry, we're talking modern day production. I forgot! :lol:

dcdoug

SVT Rookie
Established Member
I spoke with SVT last week. While they can tell you your build date (I wanted to know if I was at risk for the clutch problem), they won't be able to tell you your build number until approx June. He said they didn't have them yet. Doesn't really make sense to me, but that's what they said.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Nose hit? :read: Are they just random numbers? I'm not doubting you but would that really make any sense? Ok, sorry, we're talking modern day production. I forgot! :lol:
pretty much random numbers...The car went down the same line with GT's and V6's and the VIN's are mixed in with theirs. Non sequential.

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
pretty much random numbers...The car went down the same line with GT's and V6's and the VIN's are mixed in with theirs. Non sequential.

I've heard a similar story and no confirmation on SVT build number until summer of 07.

Mine was built 5/27/06 and had the last six digits ....195860. Subsequently, i have watched many dealerships and their inventory progress since June of 06. Going from 200XXX through to the present at 275XXX. I have yet to see one with less than ... 200XXX. Although no direct evidence of sequence, the numbers are indeed larger the more recent the build.

Super Snake

SSSssssnake
500 number 12

dgussin1 said:
the vin has nothing to do with production order or number.
Hi,
I realize that this is a somewhat old post, but I just discovered it after being directed to it by another fellow member over at Stang's Unleashed.

I'm the guy that own's car number 12 that's pictured. With respect to VIN and production sequence, you are correct with the exception of one thing. The first 50 cars had special sequential numbering that matched their production sequence. GT500's assembled after car number 50 were random VIN and production sequences. So my car was indeed the the 12th car built. My OASIS report also states the same. Additionally, the first 15 cars were essentally "hand built" by the engineers, and cars 16 through 50 were built under their direct oversight and supervision so that the line workers assembled the cars in the manner that the engineers established.

Oh, BTW some trvia in case anyone might be interesting in knowing, but the brick wall that is in the background of my picture is the building where Carroll started it all back in 1961. It's 1040 Princeton Street, Venice CA. If you happen to see old B&W photos of Carroll outside of a building next to some brand new AC Cobras, the building in those pictures is 1040 Princeton Street.

SS.

Last edited:

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
SVT typically did not release build #'s until a few months after the production run ended.

This is good news, I know how people love to give out their VIN#'s so it would/or should be a lot easier to give build #'s instead to register the cars.

I can't say though that I'm looking forward to spending an hour on the phone with Ford Racing getting the 20+ build #'s for the cars already on the registry!

--Russ ;)

wildosvt04

Established Member
Super Snake said:
Hi,
I realize that this is a somewhat old post, but I just discovered it after being directed to it by another fellow member over at Stang's Unleashed.

I'm the guy that own's car number 12 that's pictured. With respect to VIN and production sequence, you are correct with the exception of one thing. The first 50 cars had special sequential numbering that matched their production sequence. GT500's assembled after car number 50 were random VIN and production sequences. So my car was indeed the the 12th car built. My OASIS report also states the same. Additionally, the first 15 cars were essentally "hand built" by the engineers, and cars 16 through 50 were built under their direct oversight and supervision so that the line workers assembled the cars in the manner that the engineers established.

Oh, BTW some trvia in case anyone might be interesting in knowing, but the brick wall that is in the background of my picture is the building where Carroll started it all back in 1961. It's 1040 Princeton Street, Venice CA. If you happen to see old B&W photos of Carroll outside of a building next to some brand new AC Cobras, the building in those pictures is 1040 Princeton Street.

SS.

So your telling us that engineers worked the line? Your nucking futs!

GT500Convert

Established Member
Super Snake said:
Hi,

SS.

SuperSnake, I can appreciate you have an early car but you have mis-information that the 50 cars were built in "order" of VIN. yes, there were 50 in a row VIN cars starting with VIN 200001- 200050 but they were not at all built in order of VIN. As a matter of fact "your" car was closer to the end of the 50 built.

From top of my head your car was built on June 14th. Take for instance car 040 which was built June 07, 2006. I did run a spread sheet of these 50 cars and yours is in fact near very end of run as far as build day.

no knock on you or your car just trying to set the facts straight.

There were also a bunch of cars (GT500's) built "before" these 50.

Another interesting fact is VIN 200051 is a M A Z D A !

Users who are viewing this thread