Your thoughts on my situation?

14collegeflw5.0

Established Member
I have a 2014 base mustang gt and I oowe about 10k left on it.I love the car and its speed but I cant stand the interior now..yes i know I should have bought a premium. But this is what happened so I want a solution now.. Ive had the car for about two months and it has 1k miles. Should i trade it now for premium version? Do you think a dealership will give me at least 25k? Or should I buy a used 2013 with low mileage? Please help I would like to hear yalls thoughts.

toomnymods

Established Member
dealer will rape you on the trade and the sale of the new vehicle.. you'd probably end up losing 3-5k atleast..
I say keep the car and just mod the piss out of it and make it the way you want.. you'll end up saving money.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
You shouldn't have and issue getting 25k with that low of miles. Either way you know your gonna lose money. So if you really want a premium go get it with all the option and color you want.

14collegeflw5.0

Established Member
dealership I spoke with said he can find me glass roof and 400a option for 28k. Im jjust hoping they dont low ball me hard on the trade...Its one of those "bought the car without seeing it situations"..

begleyracing

Established Member
I would put the car on autotrader.com or craigslist. You will lose your butt in a trade. Even if you get decent value for ur car they will not come off the new car price like they would for cash. What is it you don't like about the base model? I have one and my buddy has a premium. I don't see the $5k difference. I put the 5k towards mods. Race star wheels, aluminum drive shaft, boss intake, jtl intake, bassani exhaust with off road X pipe, 3.73 gears, mgw shifter, set tuner bama tune, roush lowering springs, upper lower control arms, battery relocation kit. That's a lot of stuff compared to leather seats and a brushed dash, oh and can't forget all the lights.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Find a "Carmax" in your area take your car there get a free no obligation appraisal takes 20 minutes time. They will give you the best value for your trade especially on a clean low mileage car such as yours. Then have a sales consultant find you a 2013 premium with low miles. They have 45,000 cars to choose from nationwide and they will find 1 and bring it to you on a trailer if its not in your area...win win!

greenscobie86

Established Member
I put in OEM leather into my car for $350 from the Roush Store on Ebay. Night and day difference on the interior...

As for the stereo, I threw some Pioneers into the rear shelf and the sound is much crisper now. $40 was what that cost me.

Maybe I will add a box/amp down the road but for now I love it. Also Sync is a nice option which I'm glad I ordered from the factory.

Other than those things, no regrets on not going for the more expensive premium package.

I was very much in your position after buying my car. There is really no point in selling in my opinion, when less than $500 got my interior/stereo looking, feeling, smelling, and sounding up to snuff.

Last edited:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I definitely wouldn't trade it in. I would price out the difference from what you will have to pay for another car -vs- a realistic price you could sell it for and compare that to the cost of the interior upgrades you want to make your own "premium" interior. I bet there is a decent case for keeping your car and upgrading the interior.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Just get the FRPP Recaro's or a Corbeau alternative. Radio is easily replaceable VIA new head unit/dash kit or with a DSP like JL Audio's clean sweep or Rockford 3 Sixty.3 If you were gonna trade in, may as well wait for the 2015 so you can be the new kid on the block!

Adam03GT

Established Member
You shouldn't have and issue getting 25k with that low of miles. Either way you know your gonna lose money. So if you really want a premium go get it with all the option and color you want.

I wouldn't count on it. Base GTs go for $25k new all day. Premiums are $28k, so why would they give 25 for a base trade in?

If its just seats and stereo, those are cheap and easy to change like mentioned above. If you want something like ambient lighting etc, there really isnt any getting around that.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
I wouldn't count on it. Base GTs go for $25k new all day. Premiums are $28k, so why would they give 25 for a base trade in?

Maybe where you live.... A local dealer just bought out right a friends 2012 base GT A6 for $22k with over 16,000 miles on it. Saw it myself...

Users who are viewing this thread