Your thoughts on my situation?

14collegeflw5.0

Established Member
I put in OEM leather into my car for $350 from the Roush Store on Ebay. Night and day difference on the interior...

As for the stereo, I threw some Pioneers into the rear shelf and the sound is much crisper now. $40 was what that cost me.

Maybe I will add a box/amp down the road but for now I love it. Also Sync is a nice option which I'm glad I ordered from the factory.

Other than those things, no regrets on not going for the more expensive premium package.

I was very much in your position after buying my car. There is really no point in selling in my opinion, when less than $500 got my interior/stereo looking, feeling, smelling, and sounding up to snuff.
how much to get that oem leather installed??

greenscobie86

Established Member
I did it myself. It took about 5 hours and some hog ring pliers. Im sure an upholsterer will do it for like $4~5 hundred? Maybe you'll get a forum member to help you locally. If I was close I'd do it for some beers. Hell, buy me a plane ticket and some dinner/drinks and I'll fly down for the weekend and help ya hahah.

VERY easy to do and there is even a video on how to do it on YouTube.

In progress:

2013-06-29155039HDR_zps77036c9f.jpg

2013-06-29205630_zps4b7b52c8.jpg

Resulting pics:

2013-06-30112019HDR_zpsa61d2881.jpg

2013-06-30112053HDR_zps4d50edcd.jpg

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Aftermarket seats and stereo are your friend. With the money you'll lose from the trade, you may as well spend it on exactly what you want.

Bingo. I think you got it spot on here. Change out the seats, change out the stereo, and it can make things more interesting so that you're not so bored with the feel of the interior.

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
I was in the same boat shortly after I bought mine. But unless you really want Sync or Bluetooth, everything else can be added to a base for a lot cheaper.

I bought a GT Premium steering wheel for $150, friend at the dealership programmed it for free.

I upgraded to leather interior using the same site mentioned above, $350 and installed myself.

Upgraded to a leather shift knob from a Ford Edge (auto). $12 from Tousley

You can buy the brushed door handles from AM or Tousley for $35 a side.

I upgraded my sound system to Kicker, $40/set and it sounds a ton better. Still oem head unit with steering wheel controls due to the GT Premium wheel.

Upgraded my full suspension, so the "track pack" stuff would've been tossed.

I do wish I had Brembos, but you can even find them for about $600 used.

Choice is yours, but you bought a new car and you're gonna lose your ass when you trade it in. Might as well call it a blank slate and do what you want.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I agree with all upgrade the "issues" with your current car. The stock stereo sucks either way, but speaker upgrade and maybe a sub in the trunk fixes that.

kona12

Established Member
Recaros or just redo your in interior in leather color of your choice and indash system it'll be alot cheaper than trading in or taking a lost, you'll be surprised the little details make a difference

Users who are viewing this thread