Your thoughts on this 09 GT500?

fullboogie

Established Member
It looks like a really nice car, but with 20k miles, it's overpriced. The first gen Shelbys have come way down in price with the new body style and new engine. I think it should be more in the 30-32k range.

Stangdriver13

Established Member
Well to put price in perspective I bought my 08 in February for 35k. It only had 627 miles it with the mods in my sig. There are better deals out there IMO.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I think after reading other GT500 owner mods and HP ratings, I'm gonna have to call BS on the 600+ HP they are advertising. Doesn't that seem high with just a Pulley (that's in question btw) and exhaust?

I'll wait it out and see, I agree, I have seen much better deals in the $32K range.

Appreciate your input.

celticfdguy

Keepin Calm and Chivin On
Established Member
I bought my bone stock 2007 GT500 with 20k in miles after taxes and 3 year warranty for around 34k through a Ford dealer.

Boston Mike

Established Member
I think after reading other GT500 owner mods and HP ratings, I'm gonna have to call BS on the 600+ HP they are advertising. Doesn't that seem high with just a Pulley (that's in question btw) and exhaust?

I'll wait it out and see, I agree, I have seen much better deals in the $32K range.

Appreciate your input.

Technically, they are probably right as they are not saying 600+ RWHP. They probably took the dyno rwhp and adjusted it to roughly what it would be at the crank (IIRC it's a about an 18% drop from crank to RWHP figures). Much sexier to say it's 600+ vs. the 500 at the wheels.

:shrug:

fearthesnake

Established Member
Thank you Boston Mike....

Technically, they are probably right as they are not saying 600+ RWHP. They probably took the dyno rwhp and adjusted it to roughly what it would be at the crank (IIRC it's a about an 18% drop from crank to RWHP figures). Much sexier to say it's 600+ vs. the 500 at the wheels.

:shrug:

Did that pulley look like the stock one?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
It's the VMP 2.59" stock look pulley.

Car is maybe 540 rwhp with those mods, possibly less depending on the tune. If I bought it, I would make sure the current owners gives you the Diablo tuner with it.

Wonder why some people buy the Diablo tuner, they are not as widely supported as SCT.

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
Nice car for sure, clean but priced high IMO. I would keep looking or try to buy it outside of EBAY for less. Good deal for 32K yeah........better deals out there? For sure!!! Good luck.

500Hoss

Established Member
Beast - I used Diablo because it came as part of a C&L package with the CAI. In hindsight, wish I hadn't. It was defective and took my car out of commission for two weeks - plus the customer service with Diablo was horrendous. Would certainly use SCT next time.

Users who are viewing this thread