Your worst experience with police?

Zemedici

Established Member
Haven't had an actual bad experience, but I've been close.

4 lane, 45 zone out in the country. 4-5 muscle cars, and the police had an average car pulled over at the intersection. We get a green and proceed. Next light, maybe 1/2 a mile away, two friends decide to race. **** it, might as well follow them as I do not want to hang around there. 30 seconds later I'm cruising at about 75 in a 45, trying to get caught up to them. I see a car coming up. I thought it was a fox. I kicked in the clutch, dropped a gear, and was about to dump the clutch as I look out the side window and it's that state trooper. He went after the two racing. I think like 110 in a 45, and 2-3 other charges. The rest of us got the **** out of dodge, drove home, got our beaters and all regrouped at our hangout place, waiting to hear if anyone was going to jail.

similar situations with me

First cobra, 04 car with intake / exhaust

Riding with buddy's Z28 camaro, and other buddy's turbo 240sx (KA)

They line up, on a 4 lane, and do a pull. I am after them, just watching.

I look in rearview and PD is right on my ass. He goes by me, then lights up them.

He immediately asks both of them 'Who's the guy in the cobra?'

Both of them said 'I don't know, we just met him.'

Good homies! One is now deceased, and other hooked up with my ex old lady.

Not a so good homie anymore....lololol

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I've had a couple of run-ins with police and they were meh. Lot of respect for police, but, I think some are assholes to be assholes.

One that stands out is when I took my 2014 GT out for a ride. Show car, less than 3K miles after two years, etc.

Driving down a side road from my house to get to the main road, I'm doing 30 in a 35 in 3rd gear, so, RPM's are over 3K and this is a Kooks LT/Borla car. Cop swings out behind me and lights me up (undermarked) and I pull off to a side street.

He gets out, asks me to turn the car off so we can chat. Does a back and forth to the front and rear of the car and comes back to me to ask "why doesn't this car have a front plate on it? My son has one on his Mustang so it's not like yours is special and it is the law" I explain to him this is the way it was delivered from the factory and I am not drilling holes in my front bumper. He then asks for my license/insurance and reiterates that a license plate in IL is required and there is no reason why my car shouldn't have one.

Officer starts to say he will ticket me and asks me to get it fixed and bring the car by (police station was two blocks away) and his Supervisor will inspect my car and they can waive the ticket and I can get my license back.

As he is about to write me a ticket, he gets called on his radio. He then tells me to get it fixed and he will be watching out for me and hands me my ID/License/Insurance back. Once he leaves, he literally spun the shit out of his tires, backed up into oncoming traffic to get on the main road, and punches it, no lights.

That pissed me off for several reasons.

Every day I drive by it, there are cars parked there (officers) like Corvettes, 2015 Style V6 and V8 Mustang, none of which have plates. His squad also didn't have a front plate either.

I know I'm in the wrong, but, that seemed like it was personal.

jmsa540

Established Member
Word.

17 y/o at uni. With my then gf who is now wife.

We had to go to the campus police to get a parking permit so my car wouldnt get towed at the uni. Parking lot. (Doing the right thing.)

As im pulling out of parking lot, uni. Police stops me (illegal tint).

Guy walks up, all windows rolled down.

Car was super clean and detailed. I had the sun visor rolled up in the back in a uniform manner.

Guy reaches in my back window and moves it from its original place.

Got a tint ticket...

I was still in disbelief what he had done when i pulled out of lot.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
when I was 20 years old I was coming home late at night from my girlfriends house in my 2011 5.0 that had a muffler delete, I got to a newly paved stretch of road in a residential area. Not thinking much of it I dropped down a gear and did a little pull. I did a pull straight past a cop sitting on a side street. He pulled out and I immediately pulled over where it was safe and waited for him to get me. He walks up to the car and just stares at me in disbelief to what he just saw. Doesn't say a word for a good 30 seconds. Then he asks who's car it is (I literally looked like a 12 year old at the time) I said mine then asked for the reg and license. He said I was being very cooperative so he was willing to give me a break. Until he radio's my info in to the dispatcher. The dispatcher happens to be a family friend and said back to the cop that my dad is a state trooper. Well, after hearing that the cop storms up to my car and starts screaming at me saying how I'm putting him in a bad position and that he's going to be "that guy" who gives a cops son a ticket. So, once he's done yelling he demands me to give him my dads phone number and he ends up writing it down on his hand. He says "I expect a call from your father tomorrow" basically treating me like a child. The cop ended up giving me a ticket for doing 90 in a 30. Was suppose to get taken care of after my dad talked to the cop but I ended up going to court and being put on probation for a year. Good times.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I've been extremely fortunate, I've been pulled over a lot of times but only once was the officer not professional/understanding of the situation.

I was coming home from work in my old Ranger, getting off the highway for my stop and its a 2 lane off ramp where 80% of the drivers end up in the left lane. I needed to be in the right lane.

As I came up, I noticed a dump truck on the side of the road (pulled off) and as soon as I was passed the tail end of the line (of stopped cars) in the left turn only lane, I noticed a cop IN FRONT of the dump truck with his lights on. WTF?

About 2-3 cars pass him going pretty fast. I had slowed way down to probably 25 or so mph and was trying to decide whether to stop completely and wait for the light to turn green so I could pull into the line, or tip toe in the right lane.

I decided to tip toe, and that was a mistake. The cop walked out from in front of the dump truck to the side of the road, looked me dead in the eyes and the dumb ass ran RIGHT in front of my truck, and stuck his hand up (yes because that's going to stop a truck). I locked up the front tires and he had to jump out of the way. He was livid.

He was banging on my window to have me open it but it was a crank down window and I was buckled so reaching it wasn't super easy. I opened the door for him and he proceeded to light me up saying how he was going to throw me in jail for risking his life, yada, yada.

I felt trying to explain the situation would have went over poorly, so I decided to stay quiet. He screamed at me some more then told me to get the **** away from him and slammed my door.

I made a drawing to help illustrate.

44813832574_5e5a8f075c_b.jpg

It was retarded, mostly because he ran in front of a moving vehicle.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Got tackled by 3 in college and clubbed twice while trying to remove a speed limit sign hammered. Not a great idea on my part. Didn't resist so the clubbing was unnecessary but they were feeling froggy because I'm a big guy I suppose. Did 60 hours CS painting the local library and it was ACO'D. Good learning experience. Dumbest thing was the sign was based in a 300+ lb. block of concrete.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I've been pretty lucky with cop situations, but a few stand out to me.

Few of us go to our usual spot in Mexico to get some runs in. We abused the spot and kept going back every weekend. We would sit on the overpass and record as the cars go under, getting some pretty badass videos from that. So we've got a few people up there watching and about six cars, way the hell away from everyone, late at night. Get some runs in and come back around about to talk over, show videos, etc... Here comes one cop. Then two. Ten about six more. I think eight counties and one state showed up from a call about street racing. Got talked to for a solid two hours, tried interrogating everyone into admitting who was racing, told us they were going to put notes on our licenses, blah blah blah. Ended up on local news and everything lol. Here's a few pics we stole off their Facebook post that was on TV as well lol. Nobody ended up in any trouble and we were told to quit doing it. Some of the cops were cool as shit and there were a few who were complete assholes. Made us stay in the cars when it was probably 80-90 out at night and humid as ****.

44626923035_1ba27b6af4_c.jpg
Busted by Treyson M, on Flickr

43723696780_c6e74cef25_c.jpg

What makes it even better... Seeing them post a pic where you can clearly see a "Mexico Racing League" shirt LOL
43723696880_68efea4f7a_c.jpg

I wish I still had the recording of what they said on TV because it was utter lies and bullshit.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OK. I'll play. I've never had a bad experience with an officer. Always showed mutual respect and all was good. Was never in much trouble to begin with. But this story is funny. At the time of this I was 42. So I'm sure age played a considerable role in whether I got bounced off the hood of a police car or not...

June 23, 2015. Took off early from work. Was having a difficult day and needed to clear my head. I had ridden my 2012 Ducati Panigale S to work that day. Left work and headed out to my usual aggressive riding route. It starts in Minooka IL and ends in Morris. All back roads. Very country. Little sketchy at times because of gravel but I usually scout these roads often to avoid or minimize rapid-loss-of-traction issues. As with most folks who ride sportbikes, during an aggressive ride I lose touch with the world around me and focus, intently, on the ride in front of me. Part of the therapy that riding brings to me I guess. I should also mention the bike had cored mufflers and I wear ear plugs. It was MotoGP loud...

The entrance of the route starts in a warehouse section with some beautiful sweeping turns and a fast left-right transition towards the end of this stretch. It's a good spot to get the focus needed as the roads tighten up further along the route. This is Illinois, so any turn in the road makes for good riding. Little did I know the speed limit was only 45. And a cop was hiding in between some warehouse roads. Well, I have it on 75% boil. I finish the first stretch of the route and am turning down the road to start the next stretch and happen to see some odd looking red and blue lights in the mirrors. At that moment I paused. I was on a route that I knew like the back of my hand. I knew every bump, turn-off, cross road, etc. for miles to come. For a fleeting second, I thought 'should I pin it??'. I see dumbasses do it on Youtube all the time. Should I??? I opted to save my bacon and pulled over. Thinking, there are about 2 Panigale's in the area. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to track me down.

By the time he, and the next 3 cop cars, showed up I had all my gear off. The moment he walks up, hand on gun, he asks 'Do you know why I pulled you over'. I said, 'sorry officer, I do not'. He explains that I was speeding and again asked if I knew how fast I was going (as he was pointing to his camera on his vest). I told him that, no, I wasn't paying attention to my speedometer. He says I was (allegedly) in excess of 45 MPH over and implied I was well into triple digits when he gunned me. Uh oh.

At this point he goes back to his squad, talks with the other officers, and the other offices start to leave as they see I'm not a threat and in no danger of fleeing. He comes back to my bike. Compliments my bike, thanks me for stopping, and hands me my ticket for "greater than 35 MPH over". I look at it and notice that there isn't a dollar amount or an exact speed-over detailed. I ask him how do I pay it. He says, 'Oh no. This isn't a ticket you pay. You get a lawyer and start praying'. He tells me that I'm lucky he's letting me go and not taking me to jail and confiscating my bike. Obviously my heart is pounding. Maybe I should have ran...

So I get home, not fully understanding the gravity of the ticket yet. Doing some research that "greater than 35 MPH over" is a Class A misdemeanor in Illinois. 30 days in jail, loss of license for 12 months, and fine of up to $5000. How did my wife take it?? Let's just say I didn't get a blow-job that night...

The next day I start doing some research and calling lawyers. Most lawyers, who are willing to help, want me to send $2K immediately for them to start working on the case. Turns out we have a family friend who is a retired federal judge. She was able to make a recommendation for an attorney who was on the county DA's election team. Gave this guy a call. Said send him $250 and he would make it go away. He contacts the DA and makes a deal to pay a non-moving violation fine of $250 and no other altercations for 1 year or all the charges would be refiled. I gladly paid and moved on. I got super lucky. $500 total out-of-pocket costs but the real tragedy is to follow in spring the next year...

April of 2016 I traded my Panigale in for a Triumph Tiger 800 XCA. It's affectionately known as my Nerd bike. Not fast. Not sexy. It's the freaking Chrysler mini-van of the motorcycle world. April 2019 == V4S :)

This is the pic I took and quickly texted to my wife. Again, she was not impressed with her genius husband.

DUCATI_POLICE.jpeg

Zemedici

Established Member
OK. I'll play. I've never had a bad experience with an officer. Always showed mutual respect and all was good. Was never in much trouble to begin with. But this story is funny. At the time of this I was 42. So I'm sure age played a considerable role in whether I got bounced off the hood of a police car or not...

June 23, 2015. Took off early from work. Was having a difficult day and needed to clear my head. I had ridden my 2012 Ducati Panigale S to work that day. Left work and headed out to my usual aggressive riding route. It starts in Minooka IL and ends in Morris. All back roads. Very country. Little sketchy at times because of gravel but I usually scout these roads often to avoid or minimize rapid-loss-of-traction issues. As with most folks who ride sportbikes, during an aggressive ride I lose touch with the world around me and focus, intently, on the ride in front of me. Part of the therapy that riding brings to me I guess. I should also mention the bike had cored mufflers and I wear ear plugs. It was MotoGP loud...

The entrance of the route starts in a warehouse section with some beautiful sweeping turns and a fast left-right transition towards the end of this stretch. It's a good spot to get the focus needed as the roads tighten up further along the route. This is Illinois, so any turn in the road makes for good riding. Little did I know the speed limit was only 45. And a cop was hiding in between some warehouse roads. Well, I have it on 75% boil. I finish the first stretch of the route and am turning down the road to start the next stretch and happen to see some odd looking red and blue lights in the mirrors. At that moment I paused. I was on a route that I knew like the back of my hand. I knew every bump, turn-off, cross road, etc. for miles to come. For a fleeting second, I thought 'should I pin it??'. I see dumbasses do it on Youtube all the time. Should I??? I opted to save my bacon and pulled over. Thinking, there are about 2 Panigale's in the area. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to track me down.

By the time he, and the next 3 cop cars, showed up I had all my gear off. The moment he walks up, hand on gun, he asks 'Do you know why I pulled you over'. I said, 'sorry officer, I do not'. He explains that I was speeding and again asked if I knew how fast I was going (as he was pointing to his camera on his vest). I told him that, no, I wasn't paying attention to my speedometer. He says I was (allegedly) in excess of 45 MPH over and implied I was well into triple digits when he gunned me. Uh oh.

At this point he goes back to his squad, talks with the other officers, and the other offices start to leave as they see I'm not a threat and in no danger of fleeing. He comes back to my bike. Compliments my bike, thanks me for stopping, and hands me my ticket for "greater than 35 MPH over". I look at it and notice that there isn't a dollar amount or an exact speed-over detailed. I ask him how do I pay it. He says, 'Oh no. This isn't a ticket you pay. You get a lawyer and start praying'. He tells me that I'm lucky he's letting me go and not taking me to jail and confiscating my bike. Obviously my heart is pounding. Maybe I should have ran...

So I get home, not fully understanding the gravity of the ticket yet. Doing some research that "greater than 35 MPH over" is a Class A misdemeanor in Illinois. 30 days in jail, loss of license for 12 months, and fine of up to $5000. How did my wife take it?? Let's just say I didn't get a blow-job that night...

The next day I start doing some research and calling lawyers. Most lawyers, who are willing to help, want me to send $2K immediately for them to start working on the case. Turns out we have a family friend who is a retired federal judge. She was able to make a recommendation for an attorney who was on the county DA's election team. Gave this guy a call. Said send him $250 and he would make it go away. He contacts the DA and makes a deal to pay a non-moving violation fine of $250 and no other altercations for 1 year or all the charges would be refiled. I gladly paid and moved on. I got super lucky. $500 total out-of-pocket costs but the real tragedy is to follow in spring the next year...

April of 2016 I traded my Panigale in for a Triumph Tiger 800 XCA. It's affectionately known as my Nerd bike. Not fast. Not sexy. It's the freaking Chrysler mini-van of the motorcycle world. April 2019 == V4S :)

This is the pic I took and quickly texted to my wife. Again, she was not impressed with her genius husband.

View attachment 1524482

dude....

you're crazy.

I woulda made his ass earn that one. lololol if you're in home territory its game on.

Hell I was running from Atlanta Police Dept on wifey and I's second date, driving HER car! lololol

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
dude....

you're crazy.

I woulda made his ass earn that one. lololol if you're in home territory its game on.

Hell I was running from Atlanta Police Dept on wifey and I's second date, driving HER car! lololol

It was most like the scene in Animal House when Larry Kroger is in the bedroom with the mayor's underage daughter. He's about to get to second base and she passes out drunk. Larry pauses for a moment as he considers his future and the devil and angel appear on his shoulder. The devil says "**** her" the Angel says "don't lay a hand on her". This is literally the scene that went through my mind at the moment.

I'm proud of you Lawrence.

Zemedici

Established Member
Wild

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Hey man - gotta get your fun in while you can! Hahahaha

It was most like the scene in Animal House when Larry Kroger is in the bedroom with the mayor's underage daughter. He's about to get to second base and she passes out drunk. Larry pauses for a moment as he considers his future and the devil and angel appear on his shoulder. The devil says "**** her" the Angel says "don't lay a hand on her". This is literally the scene that went through my mind at the moment.

I'm proud of you Lawrence.

Know what woulda went through my head?

upload_2018-10-24_20-18-47.gif

Gravik

Established Member
The worst ticket I have is for a "wide left turn"

Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread