You're aluminator shortblock??

Turbosnake281

Established Member
calling all aluminator shortblock owners! I would like to know what power adders you are running at what power levels and what compression option did you choose. are you happy with it?, would you of wished you had gone a different route? how are they holding up and how many miles have you punished on them?:burnout:

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
would be better off in other areas of the forum for good answers i'd suspect.... Blower Bistro or Cobras/Terminator Sections

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Bought my 8.5:1 aluminator in 08, currently has about 8k miles on it running a Whipple 2.3 at 18psi. Makes 604/562 on a Lund Racing Dyno tune.

At the time I was stuck between waiting 4 months for a short block by a local engine builder but I was in a rush to get everything done so I bought the Aluminator instead. In hindsight, I do wish I waited as my engine builder would've built something even more stout. If/when I decide to pull the motor for a refresh, I'm sending it to Tim Eichorn of MPR Race Engines to work his magic. He's local to us as well.

Rambro

Established Member
I would also like to hear more feedback on the alumiinator as well. I heard a lot of negativity when they first came out and was wondering if any problems have been fixed. Isn't the longblock somewhere around 6500$ ?

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
do you experience any turbo lag due to the lower CR? if you had to do it again would you of gone with a higher CR? what are your engine mods and how much boost?

LOL AT YOU GUYS I AM RETARRRDD:banana:
I have an auto thus i have no lag
engine mods are that im turbo
ported heads and crower stage 3 cams
ported 01 intake

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I know of a member here that's running a 10:1 Aluminator with a KB Mammoth, put down 750+ tuned by Chris at EFI Logics.. RIP!

markoesc

Go Gators!
Established Member
Bump, I have a buddy with a 2011 that is wondering about the 5.0 version of the aluminator, his setup is a big whipple, very similar setup to the grabber blue car from lethal.

Bump

Users who are viewing this thread