You've never lived, until you've driven a Shelby in 4" of snow!

CobraRookie

Established Member
I've got a temptrol shower valve in my garage hot and cold water,The guy I bought it from was a plumber and a big time hunter, he used to gut the deer in the garage and hang em all over the place including from the trees on the side of the house, he used the hot water to spray down the blood. Every once in awhile I'll hear the pitter patter of hoof's and an occasional I'm cute..... I'm cute...... I think it may be the spirit of rudolph he may have been gutted in my garage.

Rudolph should have been smarter and I hope the guy made a nice shot on him. I'm sure his tenderloins were very good.:beer:
Don

VGER

Established Member
A friend of mine works in the DOT IN northern NJ and he was telling me that the salt that they put on the turnpike and other state Highways is made not to rust cars.

No such thing dude. I work in a salt plant. Even high grade stainless steel will rust in just a few weeks.

VGER

Established Member
down an alley with 5" of snow on it.

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

Glad to see you made it home safe and the car was fine.

That looks like a thin 5" to me.

I got stuck in 1" with my 89 Mustang G.T once on flat ground. Had to put sand under the tires just to get moving.

harley99fb

Established Member
Glad to see you made it home safe and the car was fine.

That looks like a thin 5" to me.

I got stuck in 1" with my 89 Mustang G.T once on flat ground. Had to put sand under the tires just to get moving.

I believe those pics were from a previous snow. Yesterdays snow was at least 5". We got 10" at my house and I'm only 60 miles from Chicago.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
i am seriously missing cali right now. I, like an idiot tried to drive to work today. i had to get towed out of the alley (got to work 2 hours late)...so i just left her in the garage at work and took a cab home. **** THE SNOW!

Would snow/winter tires allow me to drive through my alley?

bullittman

Established Member
i am seriously missing cali right now. I, like an idiot tried to drive to work today. i had to get towed out of the alley (got to work 2 hours late)...so i just left her in the garage at work and took a cab home. **** THE SNOW!

Try some narrower wheels and Blizzacks. (Spelling) . Maybe some weight in the trunk.

Last edited:

VGER

Established Member
I believe those pics were from a previous snow. Yesterdays snow was at least 5". We got 10" at my house and I'm only 60 miles from Chicago.

So I see said the blind man to his deaf & dumb wife as he was driving down the road.

We got 14" + the other day.

FiaCobra

Established Member

Is it possible for you to pick up a beater for the winter? It's a shame you have to drive the Shelby through the snow.

ff500

Established Member
I've put more miles on my snowblower than I have on my car these past few weeks. Gotta love New England :D

ff500

Established Member
It is snowing again another 6" or so, We've had more snow in the last week than we had all last year. I don't follow the farmers almanac but I thought we were going to have a mild winter. Some towns have already spent there snow and salting budget for the winter already and the first day of winter isn't til tomorrow.

In New England our 4 seasons are, almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It is snowing again another 6" or so, We've had more snow in the last week than we had all last year. I don't follow the farmers almanac but I thought we were going to have a mild winter. Some towns have already spent there snow and salting budget for the winter already and the first day of winter isn't til tomorrow.

In New England our 4 seasons are, almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.

So what you're saying is Global Warming hasn't done squat for you either?! :fart:

I feel your pain!

;-):-D

Users who are viewing this thread