Yup.... another "going turbo" thread...

MG01GT

Established Member
Alright guys, thought long and hard about this and decided to swap the Paxton out for a CPR turbo kit. Lots of reasons as to why, but the biggest for me is Im looking to make some elevated power levels with out the issues of belts, pulleys and so on. Not to mention I just want a turbo:) Ill be throwing it in along with a built short block to obviously help out in the durability department. Pulling the trigger on all this in June shortly after I deploy.

So wanted to ask you all some recommendations for specs on the short block as well as any other goodies I need to look at such as boost controllers and what not being this will be my first turbo car. Hit me with what you all think. I have the fuel system sorted for the most part but am open to suggestions. It will be through either a built MT82 or Mag. Looking for the all around car, occasional drag, cruising, and ect. Let me know what ya think.

onefastmf

Established Member
Well so far so good, it has held up on the dyno and been roaming around the streets on 16psi, so you re been holding it own for now. It was very convenient, ordered it and had it like 4 days later. And yes Dustin and his products are top notch.

MG01GT

Established Member
What kind of fuel system and other goodies are you running with your set up if I can ask?

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
Turbo + manual trans means mid 8-sec car that runs high 10's
A mt82 no matter how built won't live behind a turbo making big power. The magnum will live for a little while.
Manual trans is fun in 10-11sec car or with a pd blower
Outside of that they are not fun.
A 6r80 and a turbo is more fun than you would believe. Select-a-shift is like a manual but no need to push clutch.

Flaco1

Established Member
Nice and congratulations. I switch over to the black side as well. Kit is on order as we speak. Can't wait till I get my car running again.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
welcome to the dark side.

i have a T56 mag...

will likely be going auto next year, becuz reasons.

the T56 is fun, and the car feels fast...but...auto just wins.

bigriff85

Established Member
auto and turbo is definitely the way to go but there was a guy on here awhile back going 9.40's w/ his mt-82 w/ a single turbo kit as well which i haven't seen any blower cars close to that except jpc's which they had t56 in it i believe... i can't wait to go turbo too OP!

MG01GT

Established Member
I feel you all on the auto bit.... but Im a very stubborn when it comes to my manual transmissions.... Looking around the MT82 will for sure go away in favor of a Mag xl....

Cant wait to detail the build for you, I think that bang for the buck a turbo cant be beat... and to be honest Im kicking myself in the ass for not being a little more patient and looking at them before I bought the Paxton. But hey im looking forward to the dark side think it will fit the cars look pretty well;) 1235261_10202960974321460_6962713466006682158_n.jpg

CPRsm

If I could go back, I would go to the dark side as well.

Turbo > S/C

......and to be honest Im kicking myself in the ass for not being a little more patient and looking at them before I bought the Paxton.
Happens a lot. Try to explain to folks to look at the big picture, down the road and compare what we have in our kit. Big selling point is for the Paxton is price. Ours is only more expensive up front. In the long run the total cost of both is VERY close.
Come on down when you dock Ira. We just had ANOTHER baby today lol. But I'll be outta here about the time you pull in. We can drink some beer and discuss how jealous of my DD214 you are lol. Then I'll show you this stuff up close

Last edited:

MG01GT

Established Member
Happens a lot. Try to explain to folks to look at the big picture, down the road and compare what we have in our kit. Big selling point is for the Paxton is price. Ours is only more expensive up front. In the long run the total cost of both is VERY close.
Come on down when you dock Ira. We just had ANOTHER baby today lol. But I'll be outta here about the time you pull in. We can drink some beer and discuss how jealous of my DD214 you are lol. Then I'll show you this stuff up close

Pumping those little one out huh Dustin;) Congrats! Ill give ya ring once we get in and first couple rounds is on me:) Then I will bore you with how awesome it is floating out on a damn boat right off the coast lol. Looking forward to checking it all out up close!

I think you nailed it though, price point it looks enticing but in the end its not as simple to grow and make power as easy nor as efficiently
as a turbo. I cant wait to get this ball rolling, and its only a huge plus that your local as well!!!

Users who are viewing this thread